The hidden vacuum and boost leak. Compressor housing seal.

Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

Veteran Member
TDI
00 ALH Tdi
Anyone else catch this one accidentally? On my gasoline powered Wuhan whistler cars I usually use sealant on the compressor housing after marking it and clocking proper.

My late turbo explosion caused the remedy to this accidentally with the new turbo install.

I'm going to seal the compressor housing in a bit as I was rushed to get it together, however on all my other vehicles even when new the lag was decreased and fuel trims were better doing this whether a GT30R or a precision 55/58xx on the car.

They seem to leak boost prior to vacuum. Great way to lower shaft speed for a given pressure request.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Every turbo I've diagnosed for boost leak I always hit the compressor housing, cause even on big rigs, it's just an o ring seal and you'd be surprised how often they get worn, especially if you re clock an old turbo.

Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

Veteran Member
TDI
00 ALH Tdi
Every turbo I've diagnosed for boost leak I always hit the compressor housing, cause even on big rigs, it's just an o ring seal and you'd be surprised how often they get worn, especially if you re clock an old turbo.
Brand new precision 5857 on my 1.8T quattro wagon? 300rpm lower full boost by sealing the compressor housing.

That was my clue.