Search results

1. D

SOLD

CROSS POSTED FROM CLASSIFIEDS SO MY PASSAT PEOPLE CAN SEE THIS Where do I begin? Bought this vehicle from @earlthepearl early last year. Put a lot into it just to throw a rod the other day.. Hoping someone out there is looking for a car to drop the engine in from one of their failed...
  2. D

SOLD

Where do I begin? Bought this vehicle from @earlthepearl early last year. Put a lot into it just to throw a rod the other day.. Hoping someone out there is looking for a car to drop the engine in from one of their failed automatics, or somebody who wants the vehicle for all the parts it has...
  3. D

Giant Fuel Leak on startup

Hey all, as the title states when I first start the car in the morning a very large puddle accumulates straight down from the back of the engine. When car gets warm there is no visible leak. Tandem pump was replaced with an OEM 60,000 miles ago. My technical abilities are limited so I will be...
  4. D

Clutch for 01e (6spd) BHW with 228mm SMF

Hello everyone! Thanks in advance for reading through and helping me figure this one out. I have a new (to me) 6 spd swapped BHW (GAZ transmission code) with a 228mm Valeo SMF and SouthBend clutch (unsure of which exact clutch). Stage 2 from TDtuning. I hate to say this but when WOT there’s a...
  5. D

Bad Serp Tensioner or Bad Alternator Pulley?

Hey folks. When turning the wheel at idle or low speeds, I can feel pretty aggressive shuddering through the steering wheel and hear a slight squeal. Not noticeable when normally driving. Had someone turn the wheel while I looked at the accessory drive belt and noticed the tensioner wobbling...
  6. D

Bad Serp Tensioner or Bad Alternator Pulley?

Hey folks. When turning the wheel at idle or low speeds, I can feel pretty aggressive shuddering through the steering wheel and hear a slight squeal. Not noticeable when normally driving. Had someone turn the wheel while I looked at the accessory drive belt and noticed the tensioner wobbling...
  7. D

Sold sold sold sold sold FS: 04 Passat TDI, 5 spd swapped, BSM-deleted in NC

SOLD SOLD SOLD Gauging interest in my favorite car.. timing belt lost teeth and car wont start.. 04 Passat TDI BHW w FHN gearbox (tall 5th) Whitbread SMF which holds the "Stage 2"TDtuning tune extremely well. Car was built by vwztips (Jeff Spitzer) Body has 360k but you wouldnt know it...
  8. D

Random loss of power and then shut off

Was driving down the highway like normal and all of a sudden felt a loss of power. Felt like no boost. A half mile later the car was powering down. Came safe to a stop and couldn’t fire it. Car cranks and has lights. No warning lights. Glow plug coil light working as usual. Thought it was...
  9. D

Oil leak between valve cover and tandem pump

https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?media/7a82610e-3daa-4c57-a0f6-16e7a5078e0b-jpeg.137604/full Has anybody ever had this issue? It appears that my valve cover does not sit flush with the tandem pump. Is that a warped valve cover? Or missing TP gasket? When car is running I get a steady drip...
  10. D

Loss of Power/Boost Issue Question

So as I'm pulling though 2nd gear I notice its taking way longer than usual and I'm not going as fast as I should be, was rolling more coal than usual, felt super restricted almost like limp mode. 3rd gear was fine till I got to the higher rpms, felt/heard what I can describe as a sputter.. No...
  11. D

What does Tandem Pump do?

As title states, just need clarification of what exactly the tandem pump does. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. D

Draining location of this area???

Trying to see where this is supposed to drain. Cause its coming out behind my glovebox and leaking onto passenger carpet. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. D

Just a newb with a water leak

So after some heavy rains the past few days I realized that I must have some sort of leak on the front passenger side. Poured water down front sunroof drain and it'll come right out where its supposed to but will also start dripping from the area circled in red. (Below) Do I have a hole in...
  14. D

Help water on passenger side carpet

Rained all day yesterday and this morning I woke up to a soaked carpet especially on the passenger side, has anybody dealt with this? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. D

Rear fuel filter part # and info

As I'm sure I'm not the only one, I just realized we have a second fuel filter (duh). Wondering if this needs to be changed with the other one every 20k, also curious which ones you guys might've used. Thanks
  16. D

SMF rattle/chatter in B5.5 Passat - BHW

Hello! After finding out who the old owners were (50harleyrider, vwztips, hysterwv) and reading up about my cars history, a lot of blanks were filled in! BHW w/ 5 spd swap (01a) w/ Whitbread 240mm SMF and Clutchmaster FX200. Was trying to pinpoint the sound that i was hearing when the...
  17. D

SMF rattle/chatter

Hello! After finding out who the old owners were (50harleyrider, vwztips, hysterwv) and reading up about my cars history, a lot of blanks were filled in! BHW w/ 5 spd swap (01a) w/ Whitbread 240mm SMF and Clutchmaster FX200. Was trying to pinpoint the sound that i was hearing when the...
  18. D

Triad (NC) area meetups??

Anyone interested in developing a euro group out here? Like a "meet once every other week" kinda thing? Maybe a monthly drive or something? Lets get it going!
  19. D

What is this?

Flex pipe looking thing
  20. D

What is this??

Learning about these engines. Is this a catalytic converter of some sort??