Draining location of this area???

dylphil97

TDI
B5.5 Passat BHW sedan
Trying to see where this is supposed to drain. Cause its coming out behind my glovebox and leaking onto passenger carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
It's supposed to drain just in front of the front door. There's a drain on either side with a duckbill valve. Many people snip that valve off to help it drain better. I just did that recently on my car.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

dylphil97

TDI
B5.5 Passat BHW sedan
It's supposed to drain just in front of the front door. There's a drain on either side with a duckbill valve. Many people snip that valve off to help it drain better. I just did that recently on my car.

Nooo! Not the drain tubes that run to the door jam. The nipples are farther ahead in the corner. I’m talking about the area where I circled!!!

Mozambiquer

TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Nooo! Not the drain tubes that run to the door jam. The nipples are farther ahead in the corner. I’m talking about the area where I circled!!!

I guess I can't tell which exact side of the sunroof your have circled.
I do know that it's pretty common, if it's coming into the car from behind the glove box, the battery holder area drain, in front of the windshield, those drains will clog and it'll leak in there.

dylphil97

TDI
B5.5 Passat BHW sedan
I guess I can't tell which exact side of the sunroof your have circled.
I do know that it's pretty common, if it's coming into the car from behind the glove box, the battery holder area drain, in front of the windshield, those drains will clog and it'll leak in there.

This area is on both sides.. it’s the rail that the sunroof rides on..

Mozambiquer

TDI
This area is on both sides.. it’s the rail that the sunroof rides on..

I guess I don't know where it goes then. Right now my car's sunroof doesn't open because it did the very same thing and killed the ccm. Otherwise I'd go look at mine. I'd check the battery box though, if you haven't, just to be on the safe side.

dylphil97

TDI
B5.5 Passat BHW sedan
I guess I don't know where it goes then. Right now my car's sunroof doesn't open because it did the very same thing and killed the ccm. Otherwise I'd go look at mine. I'd check the battery box though, if you haven't, just to be on the safe side.

Yes I did check the cabin air filter plenum, the battery drain and the one under brake reservoir.. thanks anyways man!!

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
That is not a drain. That is just the rail. The only drain holes are in each corner of the sunroof

dylphil97

TDI
B5.5 Passat BHW sedan
That is not a drain. That is just the rail. The only drain holes are in each corner of the sunroof

I know it’s not a drain, but like I said when water gets in that area that I circled, it comes into the car. Behind the glovebox and onto the carpet. I understand it’s not supposed to be doing that. Checked area around cabin air filter like you said. No sign of leaks or any water at all