Search results

1. A

Need A/C info for swap 09 CBEA

I'm using a 09 Jetta CBEA for my Ranger swap. The Jetta A/C compressor utilizes a control valve rather than a pulley clutch. I will be using the Ranger A/C compressor to keep the A/C system plumbing all Ford. I want to use the Jetta Climatic control head circuit board to control the A/C system...
  2. A

CAGA/CAHA turbo on CBEA?

So, I'm building a project truck that I'm using a CBEA TDI in. Engine has ~150,000 miles. Inspecting the turbo has found a lot of play, 0.013" axially and 0.016" radially, which seems like a lot to me. Engine is getting deletes and a Malone stage 2 tune. What are my options? Is there a...
  3. A

CBEA engine swap questions

Picked up a 2009 Jetta for a decent price with a healthy engine for a parts donor. My plan is to TDI swap a Ford Ranger. Through several years of lurking around this place, I've learned quite a bit about what is involved to pull off one of these swaps. I know I'll have to send my ECM off to...
  4. A

BHW Tandem pump delete?

Looking for some input. I'm planning on a BHW for a RWD diesel conversion project. Is it possible to delete the tandem pump for firewall clearance and use a high pressure supply pump with a regulated return to feed the PD system? I've read that the tandem pump supply pressure varies with engine...
  5. A

Compound turbos vs supercharger->turbo

I know a lot of guys go with a compound turbo setup. What would be the advantages/disadvantages of using a supercharger (something like a supercharger from a Pontiac Grand Prix 3.8) instead of a low pressure turbo? I'd be using the engine is a conversion, so space wouldn't be an issue.
  6. A

ALH/BHW hybrid or BHW with BSM delete?

I'm a newb here, but have been lurking for a couple years, and have diesel experience with 7.3 Ford/IH PSD's I'm looking to do a TDI conversion for a Ford Ranger to replace the exisiting 4.0 SOHC V6 (207 HP@5,250 rpm 238 ft-lbs@3,000 rpm.) In my area there are a fair number of older TDI's cars...