Search results

1. nsocwx

Rear License Plate Install

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=477258 Post 12
  2. nsocwx

What did you do to your MK7 today?

Got it back yesterday from the shop. They broke all of the grab handles somehow, but paid to replace them so I have all new grab handles. All the dents are gone at least!
  3. nsocwx

I found hail dents on my MK7 today from a storm last night. Yay insurance claim on 2 month old vehicle lol.
  4. nsocwx

Blinker coding - oscillating rear

Is this a local or federal law? I've never seen anything like that in my state. My Subaru alternates its amber turn signal and the red brake light around it when I'm braking. When not braking they flash in sync. I've had police here tell me it looks good..
  5. nsocwx

Anybody elses dealer cuts corners on the oil / filter changes on the new 2015s?

Glad the forums could help out! I tried all sorts of things including a strap wrench before getting out the hammer that were all a waste of time. I'm glad the tire was in valve-stem down otherwise I may have just checked the pressure without actually removing the tire which would have come back...
  6. nsocwx

Anybody elses dealer cuts corners on the oil / filter changes on the new 2015s?

My car was exactly the same as this. Over filled by 600mL and the spare tire was holy **** tight. I thought the plastic nut was going to break when I had to tap it loose with a hammer.... Spare tire was also at 25PSI...
  7. nsocwx

I ordered a 1x5' roll of matte black vinyl on Amazon. I grabbed a sheet of printer paper and scissors cutting it to shape it until it was exactly the size of that window. I then transferred that to the vinyl and did one side which turned out great so I mirror it onto another piece and did the...
  8. nsocwx

Vinyl wrapped the little mirror windows since they can't be tinted easily. 20170505_133106 by Alex, on Flickr 20170505_133120 by Alex, on Flickr
  9. nsocwx

Sportwagen rear license plate frame

Same, I'll use 8 total and then give the rest to anyone local. Maybe if I drop them off at the dealer it can prevent future failures on their part...not. Thanks for all the information gents. Hopefully the #10 screws will still go in my bracket and I don't have to replace it.
  10. nsocwx

windows

FWIW if you push and hold the lock 'button' on the drivers door handle it will put the windows up.
  11. nsocwx

Thanks for the 'Crack-master'Carr part number. That place already gets a lot of my money :o I'll have to go harass my salesman until he hands over some touchup paint to prevent rust there. I already had to hassle them about having their detail job, if you can call it that, redone since there was...
  12. nsocwx

"New" TDI owners...check yoru paint!

Thanks for the heads up! I'm having a 3rd party company re-detail the car at the dealers expense because they did such a trash job the first time around. I'll mention that to them and have them check it over.
  13. nsocwx

I recently picked up a 2015 TDI Sportwagen as many others have over the past month or so. My hatch has a plastic bracket on it for holding the plate, but the dealer installed 4 oversize screws that were also too long and left a mark in the paint under each hole. Does anyone know the correct...
  14. nsocwx

Another new 2015 question

Search is your friend.. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=476157
  15. nsocwx

"New" 2015 GSW Incoming. Couple of questions for the experts:

Vehicles with near 0 miles won't have any contaminants in the oil so it looks like it just came out of the bottle. The oil from the factory may also have no coloring added to it.
  16. nsocwx

Thanks for the info sir! It wasn't on for my commute this morning, but I'm sure it will return next time I drive a longer distance. I'll just pull a little bit out and set the level correctly on the stick since that's too hard for the dealer to do ;)
  17. nsocwx

3 days into TDI ownership: 2015 GSW with 500 miles is telling me to "Reduce oil level!" I guess it's a tiny bit over the 'D' area on the dipsick.. sigh. Oil does smell a bit like Diesel exhaust. Is that normal?
  18. nsocwx

Clear bra- possible group purchase?

If you use a PDF reader like Adobe Reader DC you can do File > Export to > Image and to a JPG. I'd be interested in this as well. I haven't done clear bra before, but I've done vinyl somewhat and I did my whole dash and doors in Alcantara so "how hard could it be"??
  19. nsocwx

Bought it! I've been trolling this forum for a few weeks and the number of posts in the MK7 section has sure increased over the last few days!:D