Search results

1. NETHED

B6 Passat P0303 (misfire cyl 3), P0299 (underboost) can they be related?

Hi All, Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Its about a 2006 B6 Passat. I've got two error codes that are persistant. The underboost code will be fixed (I HOPE) when I replace the diverter valve which is currently sitting in my trunk. But I'm getting a persistently intermittent P0303...
  2. NETHED

Need a Trusted Mechanic Near Stoneham, MA (VW, Non-TDI)

Hi Peter, Thanks for the idea. I should have thought of that myself.
  3. NETHED

Need a Trusted Mechanic Near Stoneham, MA (VW, Non-TDI)

(TL;DR: Looking for a trusted mechanic near Stoneham, MA todo a 2.0t timing belt) Hello All, A few years ago, with a heavy heart, I traded my 01 Golf TDI for an 06 Passat 2.0t. The TDI was great, and I miss it, but I just needed something a little bigger. Anyway, I'm approaching the 100k...
  4. NETHED

Pentosin G12 Antifreeze, A4 Oil filter, A4 Light switch for sale!

Since the switch is so small, I'd be happy to ship it. I was more concerned about shipping those bottles of G12. What do you think is a fair price for that switch?
  5. NETHED

Pentosin G12 Antifreeze, A4 Oil filter, A4 Light switch for sale!

Hey everyone. I traded my A4 Golf TDI for a B6 Passat a few months back, and now I have some extra things. One unopened bottle of antifreeze (G12), and second bottle that is partially used. (Bought from TDI Parts) One Mann A4 Oil Filter (bought at TDI Parts) One original US Factory spec...
  6. NETHED

Feeler, 2001 Golf GLS TDI

I've got a 2001 Silver Golf GLS Automatic :o, that has been well maintained. Recent intake cleaning, 30K on the timing belt (done by someone on here, trusted mechanic), and RocketChiped. I'm considering (just considering for now!) selling it, and would prefer to keep it in the family. 107K...
  7. NETHED

2002 Lancer AC clogged

Where is said rain pan?
  8. NETHED

2002 Lancer AC clogged

Hi guys. The Air conditioning evaporator (?) drain hose is clogged in my 2002 Mitsu Lancer. I crawled all over the engine compartment and underneath looking for the drain hose, but could not find it. Does anybody know where that hose may be? I'm pretty sure the drain hose is clogged...
  9. NETHED

Drove my 2001 Jetta TDI into a deep pond..

If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion to all those following this thread. Seikel is going through a very tough time, so lets try to keep this thread helpful, even in light of the lack of updated information and news on the subject. This is not a admonishment towards anyone, I'm just...
  10. NETHED

Leaking oil around injector

are you sure it is oil, or is it diesel thats being squirted out during compression. I had the same problem, and it would make a fluttering noise. Can you take a picture?
  11. NETHED

anyone shift sans clutch

I'm fairly sure rotarykid does this.
  12. NETHED

Engine mount damper mount broken? HELP

Did the previous owner do a timing belt recently? At the dealership?
  13. NETHED

Do you know how to fix this? MK4 window seal

Same problem, drivers side door. The wind shreek is rather annoying. Interested if there is an easy/inexpensive fix
  14. NETHED

Ooops. Squished Golf.

It looks like a Peugeot 207. Still, hope they got out of the car before things got crunchy
  15. NETHED

Engine Shaking under load/acceleration

Amajason; Do you hear a fluttering noise? If your seeing some issues under hard acceleration, you may have a clogged intake or a bad MAF or both.
  16. NETHED

Are TDIs better in the snow?

gdjohny, ahh, but alas, we here in the colonies were not offered quattro on our beloved TDIs. We can only dream of having power go to all four wheels.
  17. NETHED

Are TDIs better in the snow?

How hard is it to add traction control to an 01 Golf? I've heard the talk of swapping in a different ABS pump and flushing the lines, is thst really it? If so, where does one procure that ABS pump?
  18. NETHED

MIleage after Timing Belt Change

define reputable! Did your mechanic replace all the needed parts? Did he check the timing with vag-com? Did he lock everything down with the proper tools? I'd check all this in a hurry, and if you need some encouragement, search for "timing belt fail"
  19. NETHED

Hypermiling the 2007 Honda Civic 2.2 i-CTDi and 2007 Audi Q7 4.2 TDI

Before anybody mentions how UNSCIENTIFIC this is, remember, the average driver is not going to vent the tank, is not going to wait for the diesel to settle, and they are certainly not going to drive to the same pump to get consistant results. I think this video is very useful to point out two...