Need a Trusted Mechanic Near Stoneham, MA (VW, Non-TDI)

NETHED

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI (Gone...but not forgotten)
(TL;DR: Looking for a trusted mechanic near Stoneham, MA todo a 2.0t timing belt)

Hello All,

A few years ago, with a heavy heart, I traded my 01 Golf TDI for an 06 Passat 2.0t. The TDI was great, and I miss it, but I just needed something a little bigger.

Anyway, I'm approaching the 100k mark on the 2.0t motor, and my 06 2.0T Passat is in need of some routine repairs, namely, a Timing Belt job.

I realize that with a timing belt comes the water pump, but I'd like to hear what other people suggest to do.

More importantly, I'm looking for someone other than a dealer to do it. I'm looking for a trusted mechanic near Stoneham, MA. Any suggestions?

Cheers

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
PM Jollygreengiant he is in Bradford, Ma.

k_harley

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2005 Audi S4, 1997 Audi A4 Race car, 2004 Passat TDI 6MT 4motion
Ive done a couple of those if John doesnt come through for you.

Thanks

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Kieth is now so close so He is a great resource also.....

TronDD

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta
I recommend Keith. He's a good guy and has helped me out with the TDI a bunch.

Tim.

Adam729

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta 1.8T Wagon
Pleased as punch with Franks Vw and Audi repair. Came to the house and scanned the car (2003 jetta 1.8t) for free. Gave an accurate estimate and came through with t-belt and might-as-wells on budget. Also cleaned the engine! Pick up and delivery for less than half the price of Minuteman in Bedford. Happy to share invoice with you.

Franks email:
vwauditech2009@live.com

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
Last time I spoke with JollyGreenGiant, he was trying to scale back (by a lot) the amount of work he was doing. You can try, but Keith Harley is a good idea