Search results

1. D

2000 TBI 5 SPEED BEETLE $2900 OBO

1.9L 5 speed manual
  2. D

2000 TBI 5 SPEED BEETLE $2900 OBO

Straight body, has front tow plate with detachable connectors, set up for flat towing has internal wiring to tail lights for plug and play towing. Timing belt replaced at 225k at a local German car shop with a known great reputation. Good tires, alignment done with tire purchase. Full tint, cold...
  3. D

Key fob / radio problem

2000 Beetle TDI Normally when the key is turned off and the radio is on it will remain on until the key is removed from the ignition switch. Now it stays on and will only turn off by using the button on the radio. Also at the same time this happened the key fob stopped working. I may have...
  4. D

Airbag Controller

Thanks for confirming I F---ed it up. After reading the link it appears I did "awaken the bug" which seems to lay dormant in the 6Q0-909-605A modules. My next step is to determine if I can code a new-used 1C0- module with the Vag-lite software, that is the BIG question. If not, I am more...
  5. D

Airbag Controller

2000 Beetle TDI I removed the passenger seat to haul some stuff, after re-installing it, the airbag light came on. I have a registered version of Vagcom Lite with the dreaded 3rd party interface BUT it works fine. I pulled up the airbag fault codes and got the first 3 shown below, tried to...
  6. D

Injector Timing

So, after a couple months of driving with the above settings, I did a long trip this past week, the results were good. Running between 75 and 85 mph (mostly 85) for over 500 miles non stop resulted in an average MPG of 44.xxx
  7. D

Injector Timing

Update I set the injection timing via adaption to 2.9* (33020) it does start better, idle smooth and the power band is very smooth / even torque through the range, previously with the I.Q. at 5.5 and timing at 0.4* it was flatter down low and more turbo "kick in" feel mid range up, along with...
  8. D

Injector Timing

You lost me at "B20 or less" and "Every Diesel before 2008 should be doing that or at least B2. It seems like thats available everywhere in Ca. " Please elaborate .....
  9. D

Injector Timing

Thanks for the info, this is my first diesel so the starting probably isn't all that bad in the grade scheme but coming from the gas world, it is really different. Also, I'm in SoCal so cold to me is HOT to lot of you ! The engine does idle much smoother now after adjusting the IQ and seems to...
  10. D

Injector Timing

2000 Beetle 1.9 TDI I replacing the timing belt around 20k miles ago and set the timing to spec, 0.4* BTDC, I re-checked it on VCDS today and it is still at 0.4* My question is what are opinions on use the adaptation setting to advance it to maybe 2.0 degrees ? I have read that advanced timing...
  11. D

VAG COM in Covina area

I replaced the upper gaskets in my injector pump and need to verify output is within range. Anyone nearby that could use a 12 pack or ???
  12. D

Coolant Glow Plugs

Thanks for that, it helped with the location although the picture in post #9 is not accurate to a 2000 Beetle. It would be nice if it was that accessible.
  13. D

Coolant Glow Plugs

Quick question: On a 2000 TDI Beetle where is the coolant glow plug relay located or is it a module or ?? Thanks !
  14. D

Coolant Glow Plugs

Quick question: On a 2000 TDI Beetle where is the coolant glow plug relay located or is it a module or ?? Thanks !
  15. D

Survey says, What is this ??

I found this plastic cover in the engine compartment of my 2000 TDI Beetle, what is is ??