Search results

1. T

Boston One Fund manager hired by VW for claim compensation

Perhaps I am missing something here, but I am pretty sure VW's lawyers and any court would be quick to point out that you're asking to be compensated for risk of repairs AND eliminate any risk of repair costs for you in addition to that.
  2. T

Anyone have Mk7 Golf OEM parts diagrams?

While dealing with the insurance companies directly and trusting a qualified shop to do the work sounds like a wonderful plan, nothing is allowed to go quite that smoothly for me. :) Both my own and the at-fault person's insurance company made the process as difficult and slow for me as...
  3. T

If the insurance company had sorted things out reasonably, I would not have ended up in court to be compensated fairly. They are in the business of repairing your car for as little money as possible... not actually repairing your car to the way it was.
  4. T

Does anyone have access to parts diagrams for the Mk7 Golf yet? My 2015 TDI needs a few rear bumper, hatch, and tail light parts after being rear ended a few months ago and finally sorting things out with insurance/court. If there is a source for diagrams like the Mk6 one below so I can begin...
  5. T

Mk7 Common issues and resolutions

Are you saying that the car was in fact in P but still giving that warning? Because if you received the warning while the shift selector was somewhere like D or N, it was no mistake.
  6. T

sensitive weight sensor?

I have noticed this when I have my iPad sitting on the passenger seat charging. Don't believe that I have put the iPad on the seat when NOT charging, or at least have not noticed the result if I did.
  7. T

Swapping your TDI exhaust for a GTI one? Get in here!!!

I think we have different hobbies :eek: Haha in all seriousness though I do agree 100% that it would be insane to blame a modified muffler for any sort of turbo or emissions failure, and technically in legal terms the burden is on VW to prove that the modification is directly related to the...
  8. T

Swapping your TDI exhaust for a GTI one? Get in here!!!

Playing the devil's advocate here -- a lot of sensitive and expensive parts are found upstream in the exhaust, especially the turbo and emissions components. Would a GTI muffler or muffler delete cause problems realistically with any of these systems? No probably not. Would Volkswagen spin...
  9. T

MPG impressions on 2015 Golf so far

http://youtu.be/LvYRwWPedDg ^^ video showing RPMs of a '15 6 speed TDI between 60 and 75mph. On a closed course and do not attempt this at home, naturally, since the maximum speed limit in California is 70. :D Will do the same whenever I get my hands on another DSG model when my...
  10. T

I'm not allowed to have a new Golf

Always fun putting miles on an insurance provided rental for a bit, but yes it's quite hard for a rental to replace something like that new 5 series!
  11. T

Mk7 Common issues and resolutions

I don't think that is the first impression VW wants you to have, either. Sounds like your dealership dropped the ball on this one to me - the missing fastener is a factory defect and warranty work should be charged to the factory. The dealership should not have any concern whether they have to...
  12. T

Ouch, poor BMW, I'm glad the deadbeat insurance company finally had to total it out in the end... that would seem crazy to do repairs that extensive on a brand new car and claim to have made you whole. The damage to my car is obviously a lot less serious, though I'm hoping it has enough hidden...
  13. T

I have mixed feelings about them. On one hand the salesperson I worked with was great on his own as an individual, and when things went wrong after the purchase the general manager did step up and do the right thing by ordering me a replacement car. However the general manager who made that...
  14. T

This is definitely accurate. The 6 speed manual mk7 TDI we have will put up some amazing numbers on a highway tank of fuel, often 56mpg indicated. The DSG isnt far behind on highway mileage, but seems to really shine with all city driving. I occasionally have to drive my DSG around and make 40+...
  15. T

I got my first 2015 Golf TDI S DSG back in August, but unfortunately did not have a good experience with it from the start. As one of the first produced for North America, it seemed to come with some quality issues from the factory. The dealership first had to repair an exhaust leak before I...
  16. T

Faint humming sound when I rev the engine

Glad to hear they located the problem Sosin! I can relate to the anxious and uncomfortable feeling asking yourself "WHY is my brand new car already making weird noises? Will they even be able to find the problem?" My Golf was delivered with numerous quality issues... in my honest opinion it...
  17. T

It might not be rocket science, but I honestly suspect you will have lost 75% of people at the mention of "slipper clutches"-->:confused: I definitely agree though that if you have that kind of feel for transmission loading and rev matching, you are free to skip gars and downshift hard and such...
  18. T

You have to accelerate quite hard to get the DSG to shift past 2500 rpm anyway in "D". When I shift manually and force it into the higher gears early, I find that the instant mpg reading actually takes a huge hit. The DSG is very good at keeping the ideal load and boost on the engine for...
  19. T

Sorry for the delay on this... should be able to report soon! I'm getting a new DSG Golf, long story short the dealership had to agree to replace my car after some major screw ups from their service department. I'm supposed to be taking delivery this week so will get the 6-speed data in the...
  20. T

VW order tracker in north america?

If it's no trouble I'd sure appreciate a status on the replacement Golf I'm expecting. It should be a 2015 Golf TDI S DSG - Midnight Blue - headed to San Rafael, CA due towards end end of October.