Anyone have Mk7 Golf OEM parts diagrams?

TDI-rex

TDI
2015 Golf TDI S DSG
Does anyone have access to parts diagrams for the Mk7 Golf yet? My 2015 TDI needs a few rear bumper, hatch, and tail light parts after being rear ended a few months ago and finally sorting things out with insurance/court.

If there is a source for diagrams like the Mk6 one below so I can begin sorting out which part numbers to order, it would be greatly appreciated.

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
I would let the insurance company sort all of this out with the dealer and handle the repairs. In Alabama if you are hit from the rear the other guy almost always has to pay.

TDI-rex

TDI
2015 Golf TDI S DSG
I would let the insurance company sort all of this out with the dealer and handle the repairs. In Alabama if you are hit from the rear the other guy almost always has to pay.
If the insurance company had sorted things out reasonably, I would not have ended up in court to be compensated fairly. They are in the business of repairing your car for as little money as possible... not actually repairing your car to the way it was.

doctorkb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
If the insurance company had sorted things out reasonably, I would not have ended up in court to be compensated fairly. They are in the business of repairing your car for as little money as possible... not actually repairing your car to the way it was.
I've heard these stories from my father-in-law who runs a quality autobody shop.

This is a very true statement -- to the point where he's dropped insurance companies because they won't pay to fix the car to his standards, and he doesn't want his name attached to the shoddy repairs.

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
Are you in a no fault state? Are you dealing with your insurance company or the person's who hit you?
You may have to take legal action to be made whole, but it is up to the person responsible to do just that.
They should send the car to a VW dealer to have the body work done to meet that standard as low as that might be.
Our 2009 JSW was hit and the car was sent to a verg good shop. Some LKQ parts were used, but they were as good as new. The repairs were made properly and there was no way to tell there was ever a problem.

TDI-rex

TDI
2015 Golf TDI S DSG
While dealing with the insurance companies directly and trusting a qualified shop to do the work sounds like a wonderful plan, nothing is allowed to go quite that smoothly for me. :) Both my own and the at-fault person's insurance company made the process as difficult and slow for me as possible, which led to me having to sue the driver directly. Neither insurer (State Farm and Geico) wanted to deal with the cost and complication of a 2015 VW being considerably damaged within 24 hours of being brand new - so they pushed me off in order to make it each other's problem.

Just to give you an example of how interested in making you whole insurance companies are... both my own and the at-fault insurance company had agreed to pay for about $6,500 in damage. I went to court and proved over $11,000 in damage which was granted to me in full.

To make matters worse the body shop that was storing the car during the time this was all being sorted out managed to do an additional few thousand in damage while it was in their care. The result of this is that no body shop will be trusted with any of my cars ever again, and I'm taking a few days off work to make use of the body work and paint equipment I own to fix it myself.