Search results

1. tdidieselbobny

Anyone know if any parts for fuel system replacement are on backorder or not?

Anyone know if any of the parts needed for the complete fuel system replacement due to a failed HPFP are on backorder or not? I know some things for the emission system are on backorder, just wondering if I'm gonna be in a loaner indefinitely...
  2. tdidieselbobny

Just wondering.... why isn't engine also replaced when the HPFP fails?

Just found out today that my HPFP on the '15 GSW is on it's way out at 119,7xx miles( tech found metal flakes in fuel filter housing and top of pump). I was told it needs the entire fuel system replaced. I'm just wondering is there any chance they'd be injected into engine, or is the injector...
  3. tdidieselbobny

Guess what? P02149 code has reappeared once again....

:mad: :mad: :mad: well nuts. On way home from work last night did the same thing as in spring, almost in same spots, but this time it died out more. Driving, glow plug light flashed, and died. It starts right back up. The second or third time it did it, tripped the cel. When I got into town, did...
  4. tdidieselbobny

Fuel filter interval for '15 GSW??

Ok, little confused. Always had my fuel filter changed every other oil change(20k intervals). Tried to set up online appointment at my dealer, typed in my car and service interval for fuel filter showed 60k??? Yes, I'm still having dealer do oil and fuel filter changes while its in warranty, so...
  5. tdidieselbobny

Passenger side seat bottom seat belt sensor has become super sensitive-what gives???

The other day I had my cell phone sitting on the passenger side seat. After a bit I heard the ding ding and the red seat belt light came on. I moved the phone and it went away. I always set my lunch bag on that seat when I go to work since I bought car, or my phone sets there . After I moved...
  6. tdidieselbobny

Door speaker seal…FAIL!

Finally got around to pulling right rear door panel off, have been having water leak going into footwell- comes down side of footwell and top of door sill is wet- speaker seal on bottom was hanging down both sides😡😡😡- drilled rivets out. 3 of 4 holes on speaker ended up breaking plastic. Used...
  7. tdidieselbobny

'15 Golf Sportwagen door lock module- does it need to be programmed to car?

My driver side rear door on the wagon has intermittent opening issues- some days you can't open it from the outside, some days you can. When it doesn't open, sometimes I try locking/unlocking car again-sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't open, I reach inside and pull handle...
  8. tdidieselbobny

Anyone have a code P2149 come up on their 2015 VW TDI??

As title states, anyone have a code P2149 come up on their 2015 VW TDI yet? I have a GSW. Started a couple weeks ago just driving through a parking lot-flashing glow plug light, no throttle response, stall, then fired right up no CEL. Fast forward to yesterday, on my road about 1/2 mile from...
  9. tdidieselbobny

'03 Jetta-very stiff shifter in cold weather(below 20 degrees)-02J transmission...

Hey folks, ran into this problem the past month or so. The shifter is very difficult to move when first getting into car in morning. I mean, can barely move it to take it out of gear, then to shift once I want to go. Wasn't like this last year, been almost 2 years(20k or so) since I changed the...
  10. tdidieselbobny

Anyone have a windshield replaced yet in a '15 GSW???

Hi folks! Well, I need a new windshield. Rock/other item came off passing truck and hit the lower part of windshield by cowl on drivers side, nothing appeared that day, but following morning crack started from bottom and now today is 3/4 way across bottom of windshield. I've had good luck with...
  11. tdidieselbobny

'15 Golf Sportwagen Water Pump leaking at 80k, what should I get replaced???

Ok. Car was diagnosed with leaking water pump at 80k service. Got quote for parts only 1- water pump-04L121011N -$315.00/ 2-G 013A8J1LDSP coolant- $12.33 ea-$24.66/ 2-N 91048804 screw- .60ea.-$1.20. I do have Allstate extended warranty I purchased when I bought car, I just don't know where to...
  12. tdidieselbobny

2015 Golf Sportwagen driver rear door sometimes doesn't unlock....

Hi folks! This problem has been happening occasionally for the past year or so. When I unlock doors, sometimes the driver rear doesn't unlock- sometimes if I push in on door then pull handle, it'll open. Sometimes it doesn't. If I lock then unlock the doors again, it'll open. When it doesn't...
  13. tdidieselbobny

Low Mile 2015/16 TDI's about to hit dealers...

Hey folks- saw a thread yesterday somewhere else that mentioned a bunch of 2015/16 TDI's that never made it to dealers back in 2015 were released to VW dealer auction a day or so ago and should be hitting dealers in the next week or two. It was said they were selling way above sticker. Miles are...
  14. tdidieselbobny

Strange no-start situations on '03 Jetta ALH...

This has me puzzled. 2003 Jetta, 469k. It started doing it a little after I installed a reman starter( is a Bosch, in Carquest box). Cleaned grounds when doing it. Battery is good. Car starts by the 2nd crank every time. Lately it has been doing a no start-as I turn key, all lights come on, and...
  15. tdidieselbobny

Any way to check used 02J 5spd manual transmission for problems before installing?

Hi folks! Well, getting close to going to put that used 5 spd 02J transmission in that I bought last year. I was told it came from a running, driving car with around 190k IIRC. Waiting on the Luk clutch kit from IDParts that was ordered a week before Memorial Day( really don't want to put new...
  16. tdidieselbobny

Water infiltration through bottom of rear doors '15 GSW S trim...

Well, wanted to see if anyone else had this problem here. Last year I noticed water trickling in bottom of rear passenger door. It's an S model, no sunroof. Then a couple weeks ago I noticed it happening on driver's side now. I researched a little and some people were saying the door's bottom...
  17. tdidieselbobny

Rear door little speaker fell out(one in center of door)....

Hi folks! I was wondering if anyone else had their little rear door speaker break and fall off? I'm talking about the one that is in center of the rear door panel. I opened door today and saw the little speaker hanging, the bottom left plastic backing piece broke, a little piece is stuck to door...
  18. tdidieselbobny

White Eurovan Syncro TDI...

Don't know if you're on here-I was on Rt. 15 north north of the Maryland line in PA when you passed me- a white Eurovan Syncro TDI , bunch of stickers on rear window and a blue box on a hitch rack, so I couldn't see your plate- I was in the Silk Blue GSW w/NY DZLGate plates...
  19. tdidieselbobny

Anyone use 5x100 to 5x112 wheel spacers???

Hi folks, quick question. Has anyone used those 5x100 to 5x112 wheel spacers? I was thinking of using the ones I bought awhile back. I have some VW Lyon wheels 5x112 that have alot of tread vs. the Ronals I'm putting on to get it aligned that are almost to wear bars. I'm thinking the rears would...
  20. tdidieselbobny

Lost 5th gear 2003 Jetta...

Hi folks, couple questions. Son was driving on interstate yesterday when car redlined and lost 5th gear. Drove it home in 4th. I took it for a spin later in day-1-4 shift fine,no noises- put it in 5th, light whirring noise/grinding kind of noise.Got home, jacked it up and put it in 5th-wheel...