Anyone have a code P2149 come up on their 2015 VW TDI??

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
As title states, anyone have a code P2149 come up on their 2015 VW TDI yet? I have a GSW. Started a couple weeks ago just driving through a parking lot-flashing glow plug light, no throttle response, stall, then fired right up no CEL. Fast forward to yesterday, on my road about 1/2 mile from home-about 45-50mph-glow plug light starts blinking, no throttle response, stalled just before I turned into driveway but was able to coast in. Started right up, no CEL. Later in day I'm going to town-happened 3 times before I got to end of my road-each time started up fine, but last time I tried just flooring it in park-only goes up to 2600RPM ( not sure if normal or not)-pulled onto road and hit throttle, no problem accelerating but glow plug light started flashing and CEL tripped. Got to end of road, it stalled again, so I backed into nearby driveway and headed home. Happened one other time before the time when I was able to coast home. I really didn't find much pertaining to my year VW, saw one other post on TDIClub about an '09 with code(injector wiring harness was culprit),and a YouTube video in a different language, a coupl. I got the code P2149, which says "Voltage Supply for Fuel Injector Group B/ open circuit... I just hate going to dealer without a clue, and just hoping this problem could be under Dieselgate warranty.(Also have Allstate extended warranty) .

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well, started car today to move it in front of garage for windshield replacement tomorrow. No CEL now:mad:. Decided to drive to get it washed-10 miles total, no problems, didn't retrigger. Got VCDS out. Since it's stored, I erased it and will see how long it takes to return. I checked the wires that weren't wrapped to/from injectors and didn't see any breaks/bare spots. Did not unplug any of the connections.

RW2016

TDI
2015 Mk 7 DSG
Well, started car today to move it in front of garage for windshield replacement tomorrow. No CEL now:mad:. Decided to drive to get it washed-10 miles total, no problems, didn't retrigger. Got VCDS out. Since it's stored, I erased it and will see how long it takes to return. I checked the wires that weren't wrapped to/from injectors and didn't see any breaks/bare spots. Did not unplug any of the connections.
i am 99% sure I got the same code on my ‘15 jetta around 115kish miles, what’s your ODO at?

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
It was in the 82k mile range. Hasn't come back on since the CEL went out 3 weeks ago, driving fine. I don't see much info regarding this code on the TDI's unfortunately. Once code is stored in the ecu, can it be deleted from ecu? Or is it always stored no matter what?

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
I've had this same issue with the same error code show up - FYI Started at about 155k It's scheduled to go in for warranty work though

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
As title states, anyone have a code P2149 come up on their 2015 VW TDI yet? I have a GSW. Started a couple weeks ago just driving through a parking lot-flashing glow plug light, no throttle response, stall, then fired right up no CEL. Fast forward to yesterday, on my road about 1/2 mile from home-about 45-50mph-glow plug light starts blinking, no throttle response, stalled just before I turned into driveway but was able to coast in. Started right up, no CEL. Later in day I'm going to town-happened 3 times before I got to end of my road-each time started up fine, but last time I tried just flooring it in park-only goes up to 2600RPM ( not sure if normal or not)-pulled onto road and hit throttle, no problem accelerating but glow plug light started flashing and CEL tripped. Got to end of road, it stalled again, so I backed into nearby driveway and headed home. Happened one other time before the time when I was able to coast home. I really didn't find much pertaining to my year VW, saw one other post on TDIClub about an '09 with code(injector wiring harness was culprit),and a YouTube video in a different language, a coupl. I got the code P2149, which says "Voltage Supply for Fuel Injector Group B/ open circuit... I just hate going to dealer without a clue, and just hoping this problem could be under Dieselgate warranty.(Also have Allstate extended warranty) .
Well first of all you shouldn't have cleared the code. VW can see it stored and how many times it's been triggered. Second it's either injector, injector harness or the whole engine harness. Should be covered under emissions warrenty.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well first of all you shouldn't have cleared the code. VW can see it stored and how many times it's been triggered. Second it's either injector, injector harness or the whole engine harness. Should be covered under emissions warrenty.
CEL went out by itself. Code was still in VCDS. I'll double check this week. Until it triggers CEL again and hopefully doesn't go out by time I get to dealer next time :rolleyes: ...

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Tell that to my "Glow plug error" that shows up at random times, more than 10 times "twice". Doesn't seem to impact anything. 🤷‍♂️

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Tell that to my "Glow plug error" that shows up at random times, more than 10 times "twice". Doesn't seem to impact anything. 🤷‍♂️
Probably a bad connector. We're they replaced and then that started happening?

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
It's somehow related to the Virtual Cockpit retrofit; never had the issue until I swapped in the new cluster. And others ( I think @Cuzoe has the same issue) have reported the same thing.
It went away for a few months after I got direct TPMS installed and working, but I just had it pop back up again recently, so.... 🤔

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
It's somehow related to the Virtual Cockpit retrofit; never had the issue until I swapped in the new cluster. And others ( I think @Cuzoe has the same issue) have reported the same thing.
It went away for a few months after I got direct TPMS installed and working, but I just had it pop back up again recently, so.... 🤔
Time to pick up an NAR spec AID with "B" firmware to see if that fixes it. A $1,200 trial and error check. Of course, if you're feeling brave you could update the firmware on your EU spec AID to B, but it will take 8+ hours using ODIS.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hmmm.....you intrigue me with your talk of firmware updates to $1000+ components..... 🤔

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well, just over 102k now, and cel tripped again for p2149, first time since last year around this time. Stalled on me driving home from work about 2 miles, started up, drove another 1/4 mile, stalled, then cel popped on. Flashing glow plug light both times. Been having random cutting out issues also for about a month. If it’s still on in morning, I’m heading to dealer

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well, just like it did before, started it up to go to dealer and the cel went out :mad: :mad: :mad: , just like it did last year. After I removed the skidplate and cleaned some items out too....

super1

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Wiggle that wire harness like in that video that has a different language

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
In the discussion of the CEL and the dealer, is the suggestion that the the CEL needs to be illuminated when arriving at the dealer? My experience is that as long as the CEL event has been stored and not cleared, the dealer will proceed with diagnostics as if the CEL was illuminated.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
VCDS did show a bunch of faults. I haven't cleared anything. I can call dealer and double check. When I took my skidplate off, I wiggled the wire that went to the CPS by the oil filter housing. Nothing seemed pinched. Oddly enough though, I haven't had any hiccup issues in the few days since....

Z85rado

TDI
2015 Sportwaged TDI
this is the same issue i had never a code on it tho.. mine was related to oil pressure the final "fix" was something obstructing the flow. was to the dealer 7? times totaling 4 months. started at 55k and they "fixed" it a year ago at low 70's. my problem only happened on a cold engine on a cold morning. i'd turn it off and on coasting down a hill once it had run for a few and it wouldnt come back.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No stalling issue, but it did the cutting out bullsh*t again, first time since I wiggled wire. Tried in Sport mode, then manual mode while it was happening. No change. Stopped after about a mile...

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Took to dealer after latest episode today. Tired of it. I'll see if they can come up with anything, hopefully that P02149 is still stored. I didn't do any erases of anything since this started again in February...

Cmdoog

TDI
2012 Jetta and 2015 Golf
Had this issue on my 2015 golf, same error code. Turned out being the wiring harness rubbed against the intake manifold creating a short.
There’s a link to a video showing the issue. Not in English but helped me fix mine.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
Had this issue on my 2015 golf, same error code. Turned out being the wiring harness rubbed against the intake manifold creating a short.
There’s a link to a video showing the issue. Not in English but helped me fix mine.
I looked at my harness in that area where it runs across the upper flange edge of the intercooler and while it was close, it wasn't quite touching, but further down on that harness where it runs across the lower flange edge of the intercooler, it WAS touching, although not yet wearing through the snakeskin outer cover of the harness. I'm going to try putting a little piece of aluminum L-section stock between the flange edge and the harness to provide a large, smooth surface for the harness to rest against.

Last edited: