Search results

1. T

TURBO: 2012-2014 Passat turbo failures [discussion thread]

Wow, that sounds awesome! I would love to get a trouble-free Tesla, but I don't think I can even afford a used one, lol. I would def. get a pure electric if it was reliable, and had a range of at least 300 miles. But again assuming I could afford one, lol.
  2. T

Hows your TDI doing? Hows Texas treating you? You missed out on a nice blizzard we had a few months ago! Are you missing the Northern VA traffic? lol! Makes sense... Ooohh I didn't know they went to LED headlights! The car looked great, maybe I'll go for the V6, lol!
  3. T

Why I gave up on VW

Sorry for the late reply, I just remembered about this thread. So does the Audi and Porsche diesel counterparts have the same turbo failure issues?
  4. T

Hi everyone, can someone please catch me up on the turbo failures? Since I traded in my 2013 passat tdi, two years ago after my turbo failure (which was a HUGE hazzard when it happend almost causing a massive rear ending of my passat with my kids in the back seat), i've lost touch with whats...
  5. T

Why I gave up on VW

I was new to the VW family in 2012 as well as my parents. We bought 2 VW's together and got a good deal on them. I got a 2012 Tiguan SEL and my parents got a 2012 Passat 2.5L (can't remember which trim). So with my Tiguan, I didn't like the transmission shifting from the get go, it just tried...
  6. T

VW/Audi OEM rain repellant

I also saw a site that used to sell the pre-mix, saying it is no longer being manufactured?! lol! I'll update this if I find any....
  7. T

VW/Audi OEM rain repellant

I'm a bit confused here, lol. So I called the closest Audi dealer to me and they don't sell either the concentrate or the pre-mixed bottles of the OEM VW/Audi rain repellant. I called the VW dealer close to me and they only have the concentrate. I checked online and I can't find the...
  8. T

FS: VW Cargo mat with block from 2013 TDI Passat

I got rid of my 2013 TDI Passat after having the turbo replaced. I kept the OEM VW cargo mat with blocks. They are just wasting away in my garage. I live in Manassas, VA. Willing to ship or if you're local you can pick up. The mat and blocks are in excellent condition. No damage, no...
  9. T

So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, good bye!

Just from the range of experiences here, its safe to say EVERY manufacturer of cars has happy customers and not so happy customers, lol!
  10. T

I don't think Chrysler knew of the issue. They may know now or will soon enough, lol. It can be a safety hazard if that grease gets on the rotors or brake pads, very small chance that it will happen, but anything is possible. There are no TSB's for it and no recalls yet.
  11. T

Hi Dan, Thanks for the luck! I already need it! LOL! There is an issue with the front left & right side CV boots, where is seems is a vendor assembly issue, the clamps holding the boots don't seem to be tighted down to the proper spec, and the boots separate, and grease is flung all over the...
  12. T

Thank you! I hope my experience is a good one as well, lol! Previously I was a Japanese car guy, had good experiences with my 1994 Nissan Altima, until I totaled it. I still have my 1998 Integra with 231K miles on it, burns a butt load of oil though but that is common in high mileage B-series...
  13. T

LOL! My commutes are much shorter these days, and after getting a turbo failure in my Passat, I was a little gun shy to go for the Ecodiesel in the Grand Cherokee, which is an Italian engine built by VM Motori. And from what I have heard the Ecodiesel V6 built by them is pretty stout and...
  14. T

Thank you friend! lol! When my turbo failed, the 3rd vehicle to just barely miss the backend of my Passat was an 18 wheeler! lol! It happened on I-95N while crossing the Woodrow Wilson Bridge to get in Maryland coming from Northern VA. I was actually stuck 2nd lane on the left, 4 lanes...
  15. T

Hi all, it brings me great regret that I must inform you that I have traded my 2013 Passat TDI SEL Prem. in for this....... Since my turbo failure, I was having hard time trusting my Passat again. I couldn't take a chance that myself and/or wife and kids could possibly get hurt if the...
  16. T

TURBO: Please report NMS turbo failures here. [not a discussion thread!]

Geez louise!! Thats is so crazy, 6! Good luck with the next one!
  17. T

Video Evidence of Turbo Stresses from Warm-Up Routine

Great vid! When I get home from work, I pull into my driveway and wait for the garage door to open, then as I accelerate to get over the little height diff. between my garage floor and my driveway and to overcome the driveway incline, I always get turbo bark in doing so. Maybe I should avoid...
  18. T

I'm a little late to the party of the warm up cycle process, what metrics are you guys monitoring to let you know if the warm up cycle is starting and ending?
  19. T

Window Tint: Ceramic vs. Non Ceramic

I have been tinting my cars since 1994. Mostly using non-ceramic and mirror (metallic) tint, until 2 years ago when I started to use ceramic. And there is a huge diff. in heat rejection IMHO. I'll spend the extra money to have ceramic in all my cars from now on.