Search results

1. Chris Tobin

Midwest Light Creations- HID Headlights and Retrofit Kits (Headlights by Jeff)

Hey Jeff, I sent an email also, but figured I'd post here too... My son had a deer jump out and hit his TDI and the headlight housing broke so we will need a new set of lights ASAP. Please call, text or email me ASAP so that we can get a replacement set built (2002 Jetta TDI with matte black...
  2. Chris Tobin

2002 Golf TDI GLS, Manual - NC

Looks like the insurance is going to attempt to repair the car, so we won't be buying anything new for my son as of now...
  3. Chris Tobin

Since the car spent a lot of time in northern climates before you bought it... is there any rust?
  4. Chris Tobin

We have an appointment tomorrow to take his Jetta TDI in for the insurance estimate and we'll go from there... If it turns ugly this is definitely one of the TDIs we'll consider. We also have friends in Wilmington, NC so there is an added bonus to this one... CT
  5. Chris Tobin

We may be interested pending outcome from insurance with My son's 02 Jetta TDI after an encounter with a deer... Will be in touch if they total his Jetta. If not GLWS...
  6. Chris Tobin

1998 VW Jetta TDI Atlanta GA

How much? My son had a deer jump out and get his '02 and I worry the insurance company will want to total it... We live near Chattanooga, TN. Thanks, CT
  7. Chris Tobin

Need Help! - TDI Cup Edition Front Bumper

That is a tough spot, and normally I would say that car companies have to provide parts for X-years (I can't remember the time but it is several years, maybe 20 or so, but 7-years also sticks out in my mind for some reason) after a car goes out of production. But VW obviously does not play by...
  8. Chris Tobin

TDI enthusiam poll

Talk about over kill!!! I wonder if it could even physically fit, even with a custom hood, firewall and floorpan I think half of the engine would be under the windshield in the dash... But a lightweight DMax powered race would be nice!:eek::D
  9. Chris Tobin

TDI enthusiam poll

No applicable option for me... I love diesels, and will own one or more for the foreseeable future. But it is unlikely that I would buy another VW TDI. I currently own a 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD that is being built as a desert race truck. My son owns a 2002 VW Jetta TDI and we recently...
  10. Chris Tobin

TDI Replacement : (

Give a Chevy Cruze Diesel a test drive too... Worth a try but probably smaller than the other cars on your list. So it might be too small for you. I replaced my 2006 Jetta TDI with a CPO 2015 Chevy Cruze Diesel on 4.30.16 and we are very happy with it so far!
  11. Chris Tobin

88 Fiero Formula w/ 2000 TDI

VERY Cool car!!! I've always loved the old Fieros! I've heard of guys putting Cadillac Northstar V8s in them as well!!!
  12. Chris Tobin

Is it Possible of No TDI Alternative?

Come on, you've been drinking the VW Cool-aid too much if you think the VW TDIs are remarkably better than a MODERN Chevy. You are talking about an entirely different animal with a 20-year old Cavalier compared to a modern Chevy or any Modern car for that matter. The Chevy Cruze rated higher...
  13. Chris Tobin

Cruze Diesel is rated at 52 mpg highway in stick version, 37 mpg combined

When I get the brake upgrade figured out I'll be writing an article on it for Diesel World and/or Ultimate Diesel Builder's Guide magazines. I'll include the part numbers for sure...
  14. Chris Tobin

Is it Possible of No TDI Alternative?

Look into the Chevy Cruze Diesel. It is a little smaller than a MKV Jetta, but well equipped standard and a very nice little car. A few can still be found new if you are willing to drive, or pick up a CPO or used one locally. I drove a bit for a CPO with only 4100 miles on it at a great price...
  15. Chris Tobin

Cruze Diesel is rated at 52 mpg highway in stick version, 37 mpg combined

We are loving our little Cruze Diesel. We have put around 3000 miles on it so far and it is doing good! Got the windows tinted and did carbon fiber vinyl on the front and rear Bowties and it is looking good! I have most of the parts gathered up to do a big brake upgrade too so it will be...
  16. Chris Tobin

700 miles or bust

The temp gauge in the VW TDIs and many modern cars are programmed to read medium unless they hit extreme temps. They are more like an idiot-light than an actual temp gauge. If you are taping off the grille or anything like that I would highly suggest an actual temp gauge or at least a display...
  17. Chris Tobin

FS: 2006 VW Jetta TDI

SOLD!!! Hope John gets as much joy out of her as we did!!! Congrats John on a screaming deal!!!
  18. Chris Tobin

Thanks, hope to sell it soon...
  19. Chris Tobin

I'd like to get this car sold ASAP, make offer...
  20. Chris Tobin

Is that a good wow, or a bad wow???:eek: