Search results

1. flash9

Odd Drivers Door Handle Condition

Our 2003 Jetta Wagons Drivers Door started to acting very odd last week. We have owned this car from new in July 2003. The exterior drivers door handle would work fine for opening the car except after the car had been locked and then unlocked. Basically once we would unlock the car (and the lock...
  2. flash9

Help locating Vacuum Hose Connection

I noticed this vacuum line was disconnected and can not find where it should go?
  3. flash9

Clutch Support Bracket Lower Connection?

While taking everything apart for replacing my clutch I tried to do a good job of putting nuts and bolts back into where they came off/out of. I know exactly where the top of the Clutch Support Bracket attaches and the bolt that is used, but the lower connection location and how it is attached...
  4. flash9

Drive (Pressure) Plate Removal

I am deep into replacing my clutch in my 2003 Jetta with 200k miles. I purchased the LUK 17-050 as I liked that it should not need the alignment tool as the clutch is already attached the the drive plate. Earlier this week I dropped the transmission and this morning I was going to tackle the...
  5. flash9

Type of Grease for Driveshaft Joints

I am in the process of changing the clutch in our 2003 with just under 200k miles. Though I am trying to protect the joints by wrapping them in plastic I feel that I should replace some of the grease that was lost from these connection locations, but I can not find what type of grease is to be used?
  6. flash9

2003 VW Jetta - Passenger Front Suspension Clunking

Our 2003 VW Jetta is making a very odd clunking from the Passenger Front Suspension.
  7. flash9

Tip or Trick on Instaalling Inner Tie Rod Boot / Bellow?

I am in the process of replacing my Inner and Outer Tie Rods on my 03 Jetta and everything has gone very smoothly until it came to installing the Inner Tie Rod Boot / Bellow. The only way I see to access this area is along the the area where the Inner Tie Rod goes and I am pushing and pushing...
  8. flash9

Front Upper Strut Top Mount

A few years ago I installed Bilstein HD Shocks on my 2003 Jetta Wagon, and I double checked everything when putting them back together. I did notice that the front upper strut top "metal cap" did not sit down flush bit it did not appear to impact the driving so I really did not think much about...
  9. flash9

VAG-COM in Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area

Looking For VAG-COM in Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area I am in the need of someone how has access to and is familiar with how to change some settings in VAG-COM. Our Brake Pad Warning light is lit on our dash and will not go off. I jumpered the sensor wires and it still has not gone off, so I...
  10. flash9

Dash Brake Warning Light

On our 2003 Jetta for the past few years the brake warning light on the dash will come on and we get a three to four warning beeps. Historically, this would not happen right when we start the car but after driving anywhere from 5 to 10 miles and typically once we went over a bump would set it...
  11. flash9

Passenger (Right) Side Drive Shaft Removel Question

This morning I began the process of removing the Passenger (Right) Side Drive Shaft of my 2003 TDI Wagon. Everything appeared to come out fine, but my driveshaft does not look like what I am seeing in online videos. Below is a screen shot of the transmission end of driveshaft from the video I...
  12. flash9

Passenger (Left) side CV Boot Replacements

Passenger (Right) side CV Boot Replacements I have a 2003 VW Jetta TDI Wagon with about 175k miles, and while replacing front struts a few weeks ago I noticed that there was some grease seeping from the CV boot near the clamp on the drive shaft on the passenger (left) side. So, I have been...
  13. flash9

Front Brakes Issue

I have a very odd situation. My wife drives the TDI much more than I am, at this point and she informed me that she was getting some vibration when stopping quickly. I took the car out a couple times around town and noticed nothing but an occasional minor vibration when stopping but nothing too...
  14. flash9

MKIV-A4's Values due to VW Dieselgate

I know I have not been too active in quite a long time here, but we still have our 2003 VW Jetta TDI SEL Wagon. We purchased it new in 2003 since I was driving all over NC, SC and VA for my job. Now I work from home and any business trips I make, I am flying rather than driving. The wife still...
  15. flash9

Rear Passenger Door Lock not always working.

I did a search for "passenger lock" and "passenger door lock" and it did not reveal any help. Occasionally (lately more often than not) when we unlock the car the rear passenger door on the drivers side will not unlock. It does not matter if we use the key flop or the button on either of the...
  16. flash9

Rear - Drivers Side Door Lock

I hope someone can help point me in the right direction. In our 2003 VW Jetta Wagon the Rear - Drivers Side Door Lock is not "constantly" working. About a month ago it would not unlock with either the remote or the button on the drivers door. But, if you puller the door handle it would open...
  17. flash9

Removal of Armrest (Cover only if possible)

The plastic cover on my 2005 Jetta's Armrest is starting to come a part, so I want to recover it. Basically I need to remove the armrest and/or cover to work on it more easily. Can some instruct me on how best to accomplish this? Thank you in advance.
  18. flash9

Screech on start-up when cold

Starting late last year during the winter months, we get a screech like sound right after start-up. It lasts just a brief second. Almost like the starter winding down. Over the summer it went away, now it is back this winter, and appears to be louder. It is most noticeable on cold mornings and...
  19. flash9

Replace Rotors or Not?

So, at 125,000 miles the front brake pads on our 2003 Jetta Wagon are finally thin enough that I will be replacing them. The rotors appear perfect with no grooving and are perfectly smooth. I am inclined to not touch them and just install new brake pads and bed them in properly. I do not...
  20. flash9

Changing the Thermostat Question

So, This Sunday I decided to replace the thermostat. I was not thinking clearly and pulled it out before draining the coolant out of the radiator. :eek: So, out comes a lot of coolant, but my question is how much did I loose? I replaced the gasket, thermostat and the plastic tube the hose...