VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

woodentoy

TDIClub Friend
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Used mine for two services and still had $140 left on it so I bought a jacket and two flashlights from VW Gear. About $1.25 left, they can have it. :D

S2000_guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Sportwagen TDI
I checked my VW dealer card balance at vwgoodwillpackage.com. The site states the card expires 11/30/2016.

14 TDI JET

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI

First time poster, pre-Dieselgate lurker.

Since I can actually contribute to the conversation, DO NOT RUSH TO SPEND YOUR GOODWILL PACKAGE!

A few weeks ago my car was broken into and the only thing they found/stole was the Goodwill card. I called up VW, they shipped me a new card for $5 off my current balance and EXTENDED THE DUE DATE BY 1 YEAR. Picture for proof.

Your welcome! If anyone has a hookup on a Subaru Ambassador discount, I will call it even. :)

Last edited:

MrSprdSheet

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW TDI
After no success with one VW dealer, another was able to order non-VW sized rubber from a "3rd party" vendor. So, truck is all set. $500 credit is toast.

I post to encourage others to check other dealerships, if ones stonewalling you can't provide. Sad thing was, many are having a "Buy 3 get 1 free" tire special. Eligibility for that applies only to VW sizing.

I've done all kinds of size jumping, plus sizing, etc., but no way was a Toureg tire (255/60) going to be tall enough for a Chevy (265/70).

mc4nam

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat Dsg
Bought my wife some tires for her 2008 Honda pilot. Also got an inspection for it. Buy 3 get 1 free tire deal paid off. Plus my local VW dealer had an extra $100 if I used $500 with them.

I negotiated a price of $170 per tire installed for 235/70/16 Michelin Defenders. (Actually made them $127.50 each installed with buy 3 get 1 free) Total was $598.17.

Amazing deal considering these tires are $155 each on Tire Rack before shipping and installation - http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Defender+LTX+M%2FS&partnum=37TR6DLTXOWLXL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Honda&autoYear=2008&autoModel=Pilot%20EX%202WD&autoModClar=

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
My wallet is somewhere in Indiana on the side of the road with a partially used dealer card. Anyone is welcomed to use it.

Not sure if I can get it replaced.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

jharris10

TDI
14' sportwagen
I have just over $300 left on my dealer/service card which is to expire Dec 2016, I asked my local VW dealer if I could prepay for the 40K service which I'll probably need sometime this spring. They gave me a one year extension to be used there. And since I plan on keeping my TDI till they make me turn it in, I'll easily use the $$$ there.

Cincy_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat SE TDI
Asked my dealer if I could prepay or purchase a gift card for their facility, they said nope..

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
They gave me a one year extension to be used there.
Asked my dealer if I could prepay or purchase a gift card for their facility, they said nope..
Obviously every dealership can have different policies. The fact is that any VW dealer can accept this card for any purchase. To them it is just a pre-paid debit card. However, it is pretty clear that some dealers are more flexible than others. I have no idea why they would choose to turn down your money. Try a different dealership, if possible (or maybe even a different person at the same dealership).

Have Fun!

Don

Biff em

TDI
2015 Jetta SEL
Spent my VW $$ on an APR tune to my '13 Golf TDI. Best investment that I've made! Absolute blast to drive and still get great MPG!

Ares

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE
After no success with one VW dealer, another was able to order non-VW sized rubber from a "3rd party" vendor. So, truck is all set. $500 credit is toast.

I post to encourage others to check other dealerships, if ones stonewalling you can't provide. Sad thing was, many are having a "Buy 3 get 1 free" tire special. Eligibility for that applies only to VW sizing.

I've done all kinds of size jumping, plus sizing, etc., but no way was a Toureg tire (255/60) going to be tall enough for a Chevy (265/70).
I'm looking for tires also. I called 3 VW dealers, all could get the 265/60/18 I'm looking for in their tire catalog, but brands were limited - BFG, Toyo, Goodyear, Hankook. None could get Nitto I'd like.

If I don't get tires, a full interior/exterior detail will probably eat the $500.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
<snip>
If I don't get tires, a full interior/exterior detail will probably eat the $500.
If you can't find anything you want right now, just call VW at the 800 number and say you lost the card. They will extend the date a year (to 11/17) and deduct $5 from the balance. Pretty cheap solution.
No problems here, I spent the biggest part of the card on the 3-year brake flush and the materials for the 40K service earlier this year, then DIY'd the service. This morning, I had the 50K oil change done at the dealer. Had $86 on the card, the OC came to $88....pretty close, card gone.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
I know that my dealer VISA expires in November, but don't know the exact date, whether it extends through to the end of the month or what. I don't particularly want to look through the previous 3K posts, so, anybody know?
May be a stupid question, but does the card have an expiration date on it?
I believe credit cards with expiration dates are usually good through the last day of the month, but I think the dealer cards have specific dates, right?

TexKlein

TDI
2015 GSW TDI SEL
You can check online of you want to really know. It also tells you the balance. Web address is on the back of the card.

goes2fast

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GolfS, GTI 18s, H&R springs, Stage 2
I just used the last $52 on my card, seems a rabbit chewed through the wiring to my oil sensor, bummer!

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
I just used the last $52 on my card, seems a rabbit chewed through the wiring to my oil sensor, bummer!
I had a weed laying up against the bell housing, with ants marching up and down.

Sure enough, clutch won't release.

Little Bastards....

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

mrahul

TDI
I am still looking to buy a couple of cards to save on some service which i need to get done...if anyone is trying to sell theirs, i am ok to buy it.

mattbookpro

TDI
2014 JSW
I have one with the full $500. Don't you have to be there in person to use the card? If I don't have to be there in person, I'm definitely willing to sell. Daddy needs a new GoPro.

mattbookpro

TDI
2014 JSW
I am still looking to buy a couple of cards to save on some service which i need to get done...if anyone is trying to sell theirs, i am ok to buy it.
Meant to quote you in my post above. Have you used someone else's card before? I was under the impression they had to be present.

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
You have to activate it in person and they have to manually swipe the card.
But if it's activated someone else can use it in person according to my dealership.
I bought a monopoly set with the remainder of my money.

mattbookpro

TDI
2014 JSW
You have to activate it in person and they have to manually swipe the card.
But if it's activated someone else can use it in person according to my dealership.
I bought a monopoly set with the remainder of my money.
Thanks for the info. Mine are definitely activated- just cashed out the black card via Amazon gift card. The White dealership card has $495 on it and I'd definitely take $400 for it if anyone's looking

Edit: Just called VW and "lost" my card so I could extend it for one year. $5 deducted from the balance for this.

Last edited:

mattbookpro

TDI
2014 JSW

First time poster, pre-Dieselgate lurker.

Since I can actually contribute to the conversation, DO NOT RUSH TO SPEND YOUR GOODWILL PACKAGE!

A few weeks ago my car was broken into and the only thing they found/stole was the Goodwill card. I called up VW, they shipped me a new card for $5 off my current balance and EXTENDED THE DUE DATE BY 1 YEAR. Picture for proof.

Your welcome! If anyone has a hookup on a Subaru Ambassador discount, I will call it even. :)
How long did it take to get the replacement card? I just did the same and they said 3-6 weeks.

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
my local Audi 'ship says they "can't" accept my loyalty card... apparently they don't care to have new customers!

any other places i can spend this thing? ECS Tuning? iD Parts?

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
my local Audi 'ship says they "can't" accept my loyalty card... apparently they don't care to have new customers!

any other places i can spend this thing? ECS Tuning? iD Parts?

Is your dealer card a VW or an Audi card?

TDI
2010 Jetta
I have my VW dealer card for sale. $500 available balance for $400. I can understand if you're wary because I'm a new member, but I'm happy to send a screenshot or whatever to put your mind at ease. PM me if interested.