Additional CCM coding and configurations with VDS Pro

berndh

TDI
1J1244
HitmanR32 said:
im not sure..

so your definatly sure you recoded a 9N and not a 6N?

Because it worked perfectly the previous day on my MKIV R32?

are the 9N polos not Can Bus?
The 6n definately does not have Can bus. So if one should have can bus it should be the 9N. I have a Golf '00 and a 6n2 '01, but only the golf can be recoded, since that one has canbus.

Grtz,
Bernd

Snakke

TDI
Passat 3BG 130HP
Yes i am sure it was a 9N, unfortunatly i do'nt remember the partnnr. of the comfortmodule, could be 6Q0 959 433.

You wrote that you could'nt log in. Even if your comfortmodule does not support autowindows you should be able to log in and change the values.

Polo 9N and Golf IV have about the same amount of can, but niether of them have DIAGNOSIS through can, they use K-line.

Last edited:

Zapjackson

TDI
Jetta
In response to what madelgado said I believe that it has something to do with the siren getting fried or the battery going bad because I have replaced the siren two times already and it has done the same thing. I replace it under warranty ofcourse. but I will try and open up the battery tonight and see what is wrong. I am still not positive whether it's the ccm causing problems or the siren.

Loofke

TDI
VW Bora
berndh said:
Does someone know the bits for this particular feature for the 1C CCMs. I would like to block the auto up/down of the windows when I use the key in the lock, but I would like to have this by using the remote.

Anyone knows the bits? Do I need to change someting in the window motors?

Thanks
Bernd
Hello Bernd,

While I was searching on a 1C0 959 799 B module, I've found what you were looking for:

On adress 04361, 04362, 04363 change bit 2 xxxx x-xx

So bit 2 is to open/close the windows by lock, and bit 3 is to open/close the windows by remote.

Snakke

TDI
Passat 3BG 130HP
I did that to my 1C0 959 799 B module some time ago. Open/close the windows by lock is disabled that is correct, but open/close the windows by remote is disabled too althoug bit 3 is set to 0 (enabled).

berndh

TDI
1J1244
Hee guys,

Good work. I'll try it out when I have the time. At the moment I'm quite busy with other things, but as soon as I have a little time I'll let you gusy know.

Maybe bit 2 and 3 go in combination with some other bits to disable the key auto-windows feature and having the remote-auto-window enabled.

Grtz,
Bernd

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
Zapjackson said:
In response to what madelgado said I believe that it has something to do with the siren getting fried or the battery going bad because I have replaced the siren two times already and it has done the same thing. I replace it under warranty ofcourse. but I will try and open up the battery tonight and see what is wrong. I am still not positive whether it's the ccm causing problems or the siren.
About the siren getting fried... that thing still surprises to me... even with a brand new siren. The siren has 3 pins: +12 volts (permanent), ground and LIN-BUS... Power supply can't definitely be the issue, since all cars work in the same way... About that, I would just make sure that the voltaje regulator inside the alternator is working fine, so that there is no more than 14 or 15 volts at maximun load... Anyway, more things would be "fried" in this case... lamps burning-out too often, or any other electronic components... If we forget about the power supply pins, there is only one more pin, pottencial source of problems. But this is a LIN-BUS line... Lin bus is a serial line, with levels of 0 and 12 volts... a raw of bits (0,1)... (+12V, 0) respectively... What could be the issue here?

This is something that I really do not understand, why the same CCM in one car fries a DWA siren, and in other cars doesn't... really a mistery for me... The only possibility would be a difference in the protocol implementation that causes the siren to "hang" or something... in which case, there should be a way to "reset" it... maybe keeping the power supply disconnected for some time until the battery discharges... (or opening-up the DWA and disconnecting the battery)... or even maybe plugging the siren in another car doesn't have that problem, so instead of "fried" I would say "hanged"

I just can tell that I installed more than 20 DWAs by myself, and that many members of a forum here in Spain also installed the DWA, and I never heard about that problem... only one guy had to replace the DWA because of strange behaviour... in the end was a daying battery (he told); with the new DWA no more problems... So guys, I cannot help here... I could if someone wants to send me his "fried" siren so that I can take a look to it, install it in my car and test... only that. I fill upset when I hear to someone having this issue, because I then realize that this mod that I suggested, made those people waste money and to have problems...

I hope that I can help somehow

00Bob

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
Hi everyone,

I have a question for you about the DWA siren mod. I will do the mod tomorrow. My DWA siren is new.

So, each year, i store my car for the winter. In the preparation to-do list to store my car, i allways unpluged the battery cables. My car is normally store for about 4 or 5 months. So no power run in the car during this period.

My question: Is this storage time will affect the battery of the DWA siren?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
00Bob said:
Hi everyone,

I have a question for you about the DWA siren mod. I will do the mod tomorrow. My DWA siren is new.

So, each year, i store my car for the winter. In the preparation to-do list to store my car, i allways unpluged the battery cables. My car is normally store for about 4 or 5 months. So no power run in the car during this period.

My question: Is this storage time will affect the battery of the DWA siren?

Thanks in advance for your answers!
Hello, sorry for the delay... I was on holidays ;) If you unplug the battery of your car when the alarm is not armed, the siren will not go off... I don't know how much capacity this battery has, but maybe it will remain some load after several months (or not)... anyway, until it runs out of battery (if it happens) it will be just waiting for LIN-BUS messages from the comfort-module of your car (un-powered)... About the dwa internal battery I would say that what you will do to it (to discharge it once a year) is more healthy than having it powered-up permanently, which is the normal situation... (like mobile phones or laptops... is more healthy for the batt to let it to fully discharge and then recharge 100% than to move between partial loads)

00Bob

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
madelgado said:
Hello, sorry for the delay... I was on holidays ;) If you unplug the battery of your car when the alarm is not armed, the siren will not go off... I don't know how much capacity this battery has, but maybe it will remain some load after several months (or not)... anyway, until it runs out of battery (if it happens) it will be just waiting for LIN-BUS messages from the comfort-module of your car (un-powered)... About the dwa internal battery I would say that what you will do to it (to discharge it once a year) is more healthy than having it powered-up permanently, which is the normal situation... (like mobile phones or laptops... is more healthy for the batt to let it to fully discharge and then recharge 100% than to move between partial loads)
Hey madelgado, no problem for the delay!!!!;)

Thanks for your answer! As you said, i think that the storage time will not effect the battery.

Anoher simple question: What is the consumption of ampers that the siren use? On the siren i saw on infos about that!

Thnaks in advance

eXtenZy

TDI
2001 Passat TDI
Hey everybody,
I was just wondering, since the interior lights from our cars are controlled by the CCM wouldn't it be possible to have them light up gradually when we unlock the car as supposed to it lighting up instantly?
The functionality is already built in as when you turn on the ignition the interior lights dimm out. Could this be a bit that needs to be changed with VDS-PRO?

I know this is not a very useful mod like the DWA, but it has it's own cool factor. I've seen that BMW and Mercedes have this feature, why would VW not?

BeachBum87

TDI
'01 2.0
Hey,

I have a 1C0 CCM right now in my '01 with manual windows (central locking rather than 46 - convenience). I'm looking to replace the CCM with a 1X0 959 799 X. My question is, do I have to replace my CCM with a 1C0 CCM or could I put in a 1J0 CCM? Are they interchangeable? What are the differences?

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
00Bob said:
Hey madelgado, no problem for the delay!!!!;)

Thanks for your answer! As you said, i think that the storage time will not effect the battery.

Anoher simple question: What is the consumption of ampers that the siren use? On the siren i saw on infos about that!

Thnaks in advance
Hello, once that te battery is charged, I guess that the amps are closed to 0.

eXtenZy said:
Hey everybody,
I was just wondering, since the interior lights from our cars are controlled by the CCM wouldn't it be possible to have them light up gradually when we unlock the car as supposed to it lighting up instantly?
The functionality is already built in as when you turn on the ignition the interior lights dimm out. Could this be a bit that needs to be changed with VDS-PRO?

I know this is not a very useful mod like the DWA, but it has it's own cool factor. I've seen that BMW and Mercedes have this feature, why would VW not?
I would like to have this as well... there are so many functionalities that we have no clue about them, that I wouldn't be surprised if it has this... and I wouldn't be surprised that by changing one single bit, it would do it. As you say, the fading in or out is done by the CCM by controlling a transistor... in the same way that lights turn off, they could turn on... I have a pending session of bits changing/testing... The other day I found a functionality to disconnect the power windows (and sunroof) when all doors are closed, insted of when any single door is open... but don't ask me what's the bit right now... I have to look for it again, since I was looking for a different thing. There are so many bits, hehe... as much as unknown functionalities, I would bet.

BeachBum87 said:
Hey,

I have a 1C0 CCM right now in my '01 with manual windows (central locking rather than 46 - convenience). I'm looking to replace the CCM with a 1X0 959 799 X. My question is, do I have to replace my CCM with a 1C0 CCM or could I put in a 1J0 CCM? Are they interchangeable? What are the differences?

If I were you, I would install 1C0 CCM. Inmo II tachos do not talk can-bus with the comfort system... inmo III tachos, do. If you ever install (or have installed) a inmo III fis tacho, you will have a chance to have the open door symbols in your display. You can also enable some extra features on 1C0 CCMs...

BeachBum87

TDI
'01 2.0
madelgado said:
If I were you, I would install 1C0 CCM. Inmo II tachos do not talk can-bus with the comfort system... inmo III tachos, do. If you ever install (or have installed) a inmo III fis tacho, you will have a chance to have the open door symbols in your display. You can also enable some extra features on 1C0 CCMs...
Thank you for your response, Miguel. As it turns out, I've seen pictures of both and from what I can tell, the plugs on the 2 socket style 1C0 and 1J0 CCM's are different. Therefore, I'm not sure if it would work.

I also have an '01 Jetta with a IMMO-III MFA cluster and it only recognizes the driver door when opened, so having the newer the 1C0 CCM would be beneficial.

I wouldn't have any problems with the new 1C0 CCM recognizing the locks or anything being that I'm going from a CCM that had central locking to central convenience? Reprogramming the keys to the new CCM is no problem.

Thanks again for all your help and for sharing your knowledge with everyone!!! :)

DucMike

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Well, you have now intrigued me to the point of beginning a quest to find a DWA siren. I'd be putting it in an '03 20th Anni GTI (US market), but have yet to verify the CCM p/n*. Has anybody got any experience with adding the DWA to a similar car? I was also hoping to find someone in Northern California that has VDS Pro & some hands-on experience using it. I wouldn't mind looking into the ramping-up of the interior lighting, as well as madelgado's curious find of the window/sunroof disconnect-upon-closing feature.

I will be the first to admit my feeling like this could all be a bit over my head. I feel much more comfortable with the hands-on wiring work vs. the whole mixing-of-digits sort of stuff. I will say that this has been on of the mor interesting threads I've run across in some time, regardless of how completely I comprehend it. Keep up the good work.

*Update; my CCM is a p/n 1C0-959-799-C-0C7.

Last edited:

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Not yet - fuel is too cheap! - 3.2 VR6 R32
BeachBum87 said:
Thank you for your response, Miguel. As it turns out, I've seen pictures of both and from what I can tell, the plugs on the 2 socket style 1C0 and 1J0 CCM's are different. Therefore, I'm not sure if it would work.
Yes, the plugs are various different shapes, but all you need to do is buy the correct plug shape and swap over the wiring into them.

They are available separately from VW.

:)

DucMike

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Ok, so now that I have my DWA (I caved in & ordered one through work), how difficult is it going to be to change the coding on my car? It is an '03 GTI & the CCM p/n is posted above. Is this VDS Pro something I can download & do I need to have VAG Com as well to make it work?

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
DucMike said:
Anyone... (cue crickets)?
Sorry I don't have your direct answer, but I believe you need to do some EEPROM programing to get this mod to work. That requires a program like VDS Pro. There is some copyright talk in a couple threads - I don't think it is a free program???

And I believe the details were posted earlier in this thread or another by madelgado (sp).

Jason

Last edited:

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
Ok, you have 1C0-959-799-C-0C7.

That's compatible with the DWA. The DWA has three wires...
1. LIN-BUS to the CCM, pin t15/3
2. ground
3. permanent plus (fused with 10 Amps), the one closer to the rounded edge of the connector

If you have already the stock ugly horn, you can reuse the two wires that you have already, and route a new one for the LIN-BUS. You will find the red/something wire in the CCM, pin t15/11... t15/12 is the wire that comes from the fuse/battery connection, so the mod here is to extract pin 11 and 12 from the t15 connector and connect them together. Now, at the siren side, there will be permanent +12 volts (fused) and ground.

Run a new wire from the siren to the CCM, t15/3 (you will need a small pin, smaller than those from t15/11 or t15/12).

At this point, all the HW mods are done. Now, get vds-pro (as far as I know, copyrights have expiration, and as far as I know, the SW manufacturer no longer exists and no longer renewed the copyrights) and follow these steps:

- read address 4367 (decimal), for example 255
- if it is 255, then write your new value will be 112.
- if it is different to 255, then you have any kind of country setting... ok, convert the number to binary. Example, if you have 32 at 4367, then convert this to binary: 00100000. The bit in bold is the one that activates the DWA. Replace this bit with 1... so the new number will be 00110000. Back to decimal, this is 96... that will be your new value.

- Now, the new value has to be written three times at addresses 4367, 4368 and 4369.

That's all. Please report any issues ;)

BeachBum87

TDI
'01 2.0
Hi Miguel,

I have purchased a 1C0 962 258 N CCM from a guy in Germany who had the CCM in his car (with no power windows) and had the DWA siren as well. Once I receive it and do a dump of both the 1C0 962 258 N and my original 1C0 962 258 P CCM (module 35 - Central Locking), do you think you could look at the EEPROM dumps to see what bits need to be changed? There's another guy here in California that I'm in contact with that would like to do this to his car as well, but is in the same boat as me with the same CCM. :cool:

graeme86 said:
Yes, the plugs are various different shapes, but all you need to do is buy the correct plug shape and swap over the wiring into them.

They are available separately from VW.

:)
Thanks for the info, dude! :D

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
Of course, when you have the module, take a dump of both and send it to madelgad at netscape dot net, please

DucMike

Veteran Member
TDI
none
To verify, yes; that is the CCM my car should have per a VIN-interactive session with the ETKA at work. Is this the correct VDS Pro I want to download to do these tweaks with? (VDS Pro) If so, then I guess I'm going to be looking to a reasonably cheap laptop to load this onto, in addition to VAG Com. Anyone have any suggestions where to get the cable I'm sure I'll need for this?

ajcordeiro

TDI
EOS
VW Passat 3BG - Do you know if is it possible to activate with VDS-Pro auto closing for windows and sunroof when it starts to raining with car parked and locked? Yes, there must be a rain sensor.

The VW Golf V has this feature activated with VAG-COM.

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
ajcordeiro said:
VW Passat 3BG - Do you know if is it possible to activate with VDS-Pro auto closing for windows and sunroof when it starts to raining with car parked and locked? Yes, there must be a rain sensor.

The VW Golf V has this feature activated with VAG-COM.
It is not possible to activate... though it is a very "nice to have" feature... hmmm... I will give it a try... I have a spare rain sensor on my hands right now...

The idea is to build a device that "checks" for rain at periodic intervals (battery life)... if it rains (by polling the sensor), just hold the "lock" switch on driver's door for some seconds to make sure that all windows & sunroof are closed... and then sleep until ignition is off again. I think that I can make it... Thanks for the idea ;) I will post any update in a different thread, since I consider that it may be for the general interest.

ajcordeiro

TDI
EOS
madelgado said:
It is not possible to activate... though it is a very "nice to have" feature... hmmm... I will give it a try... I have a spare rain sensor on my hands right now...

The idea is to build a device that "checks" for rain at periodic intervals (battery life)... if it rains (by polling the sensor), just hold the "lock" switch on driver's door for some seconds to make sure that all windows & sunroof are closed... and then sleep until ignition is off again. I think that I can make it... Thanks for the idea ;) I will post any update in a different thread, since I consider that it may be for the general interest.
Grande Madelgado!