Will jetta interior fit a golf?

SilveR316

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW Golf 1.9L TDI
I have the opportunity to swap a leather interior from a Mk4 Jetta for my cloth interior (mk4 golf).

I know the front door cards and seats will fit, but will rear seats and door cards work as well?

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
03, 00, 04 MK4 sedans.... 02 MK4 Wagon
I have the seats from a 2002 Golf in my 2003 Jetta sedan if that helps.

Last edited:

Sc0

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf GL 5sp Candy White Tan cloth interior
Rear seats are same. Front seats are iffy depending if you have a 4r golf or 2dr because the jetta does not have the forward tilt function necessary for a 2dr model. Carpet is the same as well...

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Rear seats are most certainly NOT the same. Close, but not. Can anyone with both a Golf AND a Jetta tell everyone what is different?

Hrmmmm... possible trivia question for next year's fest. :D

SilveR316

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW Golf 1.9L TDI
oilhammer said:
Rear seats are most certainly NOT the same. Close, but not. Can anyone with both a Golf AND a Jetta tell everyone what is different?

I have both the Golf and Jetta in question. :D

I guess I'll have to take an afternoon and see whats different about them.

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
oilhammer said:

The Jetta's have locks on the top sides of the seatback to prevent access to the trunk (you can lock them with your key). The Golf's have no such locks --- just teh buttons/latch. Otherwise they are a straight swap for the A4 models.

The key locks can be adjusted to fit another key by changing out the internal shims.

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
thebigarniedog said:
The Jetta's have locks on the top sides of the seatback to prevent access to the trunk (you can lock them with your key). The Golf's have no such locks --- just teh buttons/latch. Otherwise they are a straight swap for the A4 models.
The key locks can be adjusted to fit another key by changing out the internal shims.
Dammit! You beat me to it. Exactly what he said!

The door cards should be good, you are just gonna have a lock for the rear trunk release now too - I don't think the golf has that (correct me if I'm wrong, haven't owned a 4 door golf in over a year!).

It's really all a very easy gob to do, too.

Cheers!

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
For the rear door cards, you will need to swap the very top black piece over. I am pretty sure. That is if they are the same as a wagon.

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Nash_TDI said:
For the rear door cards, you will need to swap the very top black piece over. I am pretty sure. That is if they are the same as a wagon.
I don't think so, but I'm not certain. I'm pretty sure that they wagon has unique door cars with the very pointy top part. The jetta/golf are the same... Worth checking though!

EDIT: I did just check ETKA and the jetta and 4-door golf share several p/n for rear door cards. This would lead me to believe they are the same. PLEASE VERIFY this, but that's my belief!

pyankura

Vendor
TDI
2005 golf a4 body style
The door cards arn't the same. I swapped out a four door jetta gli interior into my golf. The seat worked, the front door cards worked, the shifter worked, the e-brake cover worked but the rear door cards are different. I think the top black piece was longer to a point shape where as the golf was not. Like the one fella said you will need to swap the tops of the rear door cards. But get a plastic welder and life will be easy for this. Oh, and the rear 60/40 seats from the jetta to the golf? The only difference it the locking mechanism but you can swap that too.

p.s. On the driver door card there is a locking mechanism for locking the trunk. Be sure to swap for yours or your trunk is locked and you will need a key IIRC.

blizzard60 said:
I don't think so, but I'm not certain. I'm pretty sure that they wagon has unique door cars with the very pointy top part. The jetta/golf are the same... Worth checking though!

EDIT: I did just check ETKA and the jetta and 4-door golf share several p/n for rear door cards. This would lead me to believe they are the same. PLEASE VERIFY this, but that's my belief!