Who's Up For A Berryville VI ???

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
Re: Who\'s Up For A Berryville VI ???

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeterV:
My .205's are in. I don't know if I can wait for Berryville.. I'll be there.

RC, MM, Rich the Ups chip is in the A6. flashing Blue Lights in the rear view could be a real hazard. At 3k rpm it is like the Jato packs ignite (Both of them).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Peter,
Better be careful with that chipped A6. Bring it to the next Shore GTG and we can do some dune climbing.

Glad you will be in attendance at Rich`s.

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi

Man, looks like you guys are going to force me to diss the in-laws and head out on Saturday am.

The Park'n'Ride at the end of I70 suggested by tongsli is a good meeting spot. I still think 7 am is too early. From there its a really nice drive out to Fredneck, and then down to Harpers Ferry. I happen to know an Amoco there that stocks the elusive Premier. TdiBeliever's spread is but a hop, skip and turbo woosh from there.

Peter, I wish I could offer you a bed for the night before, but the aforementioned in-laws have already laid claim to it. If you want to fight the dog for the couch, you're welcome, but he's pretty protective of it

I'm going to see if my pal with the 928 wants to come for the drive. Maybe Rich can show him what Porsche power in Jetta feels like

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD

Cmon Mapper! ok, 7:30am. How's that? Man, I'm at Penn Station at 7:30 to catch the train to go to work!!

Suck it up!LOL I just didn't want to miss the entire day since it's only one day.

If anyone wants to do a CCV bypass, I have an extra hose($5.00) It's the same one Kato258 posted in the general maintenance section
Kato258's CCV mod with piperx breather

Let me know if anyone going wants to do this mod.

Lito

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons

Lito and Matt,
If it is just as close to go to I70 in Balto as it would be for me to go from Rt50 to Cptl Bltwy then west (do you know?) I`ll meet you guys in the morning. Where is Berryville anyway?

TDI Believer

Responsible For Global Warming
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI

I will post directions later this week.

BTW: Berryville is just under the "point" of West Virginia's eastern panhandle. About 30 minutes south of Harper's Ferry, WV.

I live on the north side of VA Rt. 7, about 2.3 miles west of the Shenandoah River and the Blue Ridge.

(Almost Heaven)

The county I live in is very rural. It has one McDonalds, one chain grocery store (Food Lion), four stoplights (in whe whole county!). My neighbors are cows (the Holsteins). Berryville is kind of like Mayberry. Nothing fancy, just lots of wonderful VA countryside!

If anyone wants to test out their car's handling, we can drive atop Blue Ridge Mountain Road, which incidentally goes by Mount Weather, a somewhat hush-hush deep-in-the-mountain complex run by FEMA.

City slickers will wonder where on God's green earth they've come to. RC will feel right at home.

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi

tongsli,
Hey, I catch the 6:47am from Halethorpe, which is precisely the reason I don't get up early on the weekend. What are you? Some kind of slacker?
Sheesh 7:30!!!

RC,
You're probably better off taking the Capitol Beltway through the Mixing Bowl out to the Dulles Tollroad, and getting on Rt 7 from the end of that. Berryvile is just over the hill from there.
Unless of course, you reeeeaaaaly want to be in the cool tdi convoy

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons

Besides cleaning the intake manifold I`d also like to check the timing belt and tension, timing and maybe adjust it. Can anyone assist me in this endevour?

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi

Shouldn't be a problem as long as someone has a Vag-Com and laptop to hook up to the car. I know VeeDub has one, but don't know if he's coming to this.

Timing belt and tension are easy to check.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e

Of course i'm coming to this.
DUHHHH. I'll bring the Vag-Com so that you all can check the timing/error codes, whatever.

DIRECTIONS:
Here is a good map to the Summit Point Raceway, which is about 10 minutes from Rich's place. http://www.summitpoint-raceway.com/LOCSP.HTM Rich is located about 2 miles east of the Rt 7/Rt 340 Intersection (the spot on the map that says Berryville, VA).

[ June 22, 2001: Message edited by: VeeDubTDI ]

ExMB

Veteran Member

Can I come too Rich? Can I bring anything (other than the obvious). Let me know if you plan on doing any set-up the night before, I'd be glad to stop by and help.

Josh

TDI Believer

TDI
2012 Touareg TDI

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ExMB:
Can I come too Rich? Can I bring anything (other than the obvious). Let me know if you plan on doing any set-up the night before, I'd be glad to stop by and help.

Josh
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely!

Can anyone bring Rhino ramps? I have one set but we will likely need several.

- Rich

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003

I will be there but have to leave early for work. will bring rino ramps and tools can leave them there and pick up later since i am close need anything else Rich let me know. Also will bring Vag com

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI

I will bring my Ramps and Vag-Com also. I just got a used Dell Lap-top can you install VW tool for me Rich?I want to install PeterV's used .184's to see if I get any smoke reduction! I am running the Wett's right now with less smooth not as powerfull as the Upsolute's though. See everyone next Saturday !

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI

Does anyone with the Vag-com know how to change the alarm options?

VeedubTDI, did you ever get a chance to figure it out? Also, I really want to clean my intercooler. You up for that Lawson? Let me know.

I would like to change my alarm options.

Thanks,

Lito

[ June 24, 2001: Message edited by: tongsli ]

DieselDom

TDI
2014 Touareg R

Count me in with my Rhinos in tow!

All I need now is a time and directions.
See Y'all soon.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI

Hey Guy!
Can't remember exactly where you're coming from, but if you get to Frederick, just take Rt340 South towards Harper's Ferry. Just past Harper's Ferry is Berryville. Take Rte 7 East toward Purcellville, VA and when you see this garden center on the right, do a u-turn and come back on the other side. It's only a few miles from the Rt7/340 interchange. And, there is only one Garden center on the right side.

OR if I-81 is close, head south on I-81 to Winchester and then head east on Rte 7.

Rich's mail box has some blue reflectors, it's a gravel driveway on the right. Can't remember the number. Maybe he'll put up some signs.

Pretty easy.

Lito

[ June 25, 2001: Message edited by: tongsli ]

BRUSSELS BELGIAN

Old Whig
TDI
1997 Passat TDI

Rich,and all: I may drop by just to say hi and try to lend a hand...I am definitely unskilled labor. Besides, I have the Passat set up for my record fuel economy attempt in August (Philly to Miami on ONE TANK!?). You guys could see the future 1.9 TDI fuel economy world record holder! Well, to tell you the truth, my FANTASY would be for you guys to show me how to clean my intake...but like I said, I'd be happy just to see some of you again!

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons

Now Brussels, Dom "The Surgeon".... This sure looks like it`s gonna be a good one.

Hey Rich,
How long did it take you to get to Berlin? I`ll be going about 60-65 so how long do you think it will take me to get to your place?

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI

RC you are 3 hours for me and Rich takes an 1 hour 15 for me I would figure at least 4 hours.

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tomo366:
RC you are 3 hours for me and Rich takes an 1 hour 15 for me I would figure at least 4 hours.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Tomo,
Thanks. Care to meet me somewhere in the morning and travel out together? Anyone else interested?

Beowulf

Veteran Member
TDI
A3 Jetta, 1998, Green

Whoa! I've been out of the forums for about 4 weeks, not having time to "kill" at work and almost missed this one.

I'll try my hardest to make it. In-laws will be in town that weekend, but since they're going to be visiting for a week I think I'll be able to steal away.

If there's going to be a round of intercooler cleanings, then I'm up for it. It'll be educational to see a bead-blaster at work with the manifold cleanings, too.

Thanks again for hosting us, Rich! Hope to see y'all on Saturday!

[ June 27, 2001: Message edited by: Beowulf ]

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi

Sorry guys.

Looks like I'm going to have to bail on this one. Due to pressures of work, I won't be able to spend time at the beach with the family next week, so I 'have' to go down for this weekend. I thought about coming out early for a couple of hours, and then going straight to the beach, but that's just too many hours behind the wheel on a weekend.

Shame, I really wanted to see the bead-blaster in action. Maybe even try and do my manifold. I know its got to be caked up with 101,000 on the car now.

Tomo, you may now commence with the hen-pecked jokes.......

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI

Beowulf, I plan on cleaning my intercooler. VeedubTDI said he's help me out with this one.

Bernie, if you can, try to get there as early as you can so that your engine can cool down. Nothing worse than trying to change those injectors when everything is nice and hot.

Matt,
sorry to hear you won't make it.

Can't wait!

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MineMapper:
I thought about coming out early for a couple of hours, and then going straight to the beach, but that's just too many hours behind the wheel on a weekend.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on now Matt, it`s less time than I`ll be spending from here. Get your butt out to Rich`s then you and I can caravan back together to keep things interesting and safe.

TDI Believer

TDI
2012 Touareg TDI

I'm glad so many people are going to attend on Saturday.

As it turns out, there is a VW show in Winchester this Saturday at Jim Barnett Park. Perhaps we can all caravan over there and show them what TDIs are all about.

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi

O.K. scratch my post above. (ooer, sounds a bit kinky
)

Due to the miracle of no kennel space being open this weekend, me and the big brown barky dog will be attending after all.

Still want to do 7:30 at the Park'n'slide tongsli, Dom, PeterV?

I'm going to drive straight to the beach with RC afterwards and board myself and mutt at RC's dog pound
. GTG and Beach in one weekend!!!

DieselDom

TDI
2014 Touareg R

Minemapper, I wish the caravan well, but I
will going by way of Fredneck
. Maybe
we could meet up somewhere near there? I am
navigating by Tongsli's directions; I suppose
I won't be too lost.
. See Y'all soon.