When do you think we will hear anything about incentives to stay with VW?

branforddiesel

TDI
2001 '01 golf TDI 4dr 5speed
The only thing I know for certain throughout this whole deal is that I will never give VW another dollar of new business, as much as I like my car. So that makes me feel a little better. You know being certain about something

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Talking to the salesman, he was trying to tell me that VW will not be offering any incentives because we are getting "Free money" - plus every vw owner will want another one, so inventory will be very low, allowing them to keep prices high....ok buddy, we will see how that goes.

i have test driven 4 cars so far...and all of the sales people have sucked beyond belief......incredible.
Your dealer has an interesting take on things...

I have been emailing a few back and forth with terrible experiences as well. I have a go to dealer with excellent service and where I purchased my most recent GTI. They are fantastic but I need the prices to come down just a little more.

Looking through inventories, my local dealers all have 20-30 GTIs in stock plus many regular Golf platforms.

I am sticking with the Golf/GTI vehicles. They are everything we need in a commuter plus we have a truck to haul things around.

Last edited:

71sbeetle

Veteran Member
TDI
1971 Super Beetle, 2014 Golf TDI (soon to be 2017 Golf Wolfsburg), 2015 Silverado LT
Same thing, we have a Silverado for when we need to haul stuff and my wife loves our 14 TDI Golf, so we're replacing it with a 17 wolfsburg golf. I have a friend high up at a VW dealer getting me best price out the door on one but he's telling me to wait for the November incentives to be released, he's holding the car for me. I'm already getting a great deal as it is, so any extra incentives will only make the deal sweeter! On top of that he's shipping the car to me across the country and it's still a better deal than my local dealer, they won't even come close to the deal I'm getting. Now if vw would only get my docs reviewed and get the ball rolling again lol

71sbeetle

Veteran Member
TDI
1971 Super Beetle, 2014 Golf TDI (soon to be 2017 Golf Wolfsburg), 2015 Silverado LT
And if anyone on the east coast wants a great deal too feel free to PM me I'll pass the info along. I've bought 8 cars from him never had an issue. He can ship the cars too if needed.

05GLX4MoWgn

TDI
2017 GSW SEL; 2011 JSW TDI
I went to the dealer this morning to try to test drive a normal Golf automatic...they didn't have any. Talking to the salesman, he was trying to tell me that VW will not be offering any incentives because we are getting "Free money" - plus every vw owner will want another one, so inventory will be very low, allowing them to keep prices high....ok buddy, we will see how that goes.

i have test driven 4 cars so far...and all of the sales people have sucked beyond belief......incredible.
These freakin VW Dealers are copping some real attitude. If I didn't really love VWs I'd look elsewhere. They will let you finance a car but won't stash your TDI until the money comes through nor let you put a deposit on one. Plus I've bought 3 cars from the same dealer.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
These freakin VW Dealers are copping some real attitude. If I didn't really love VWs I'd look elsewhere. They will let you finance a car but won't stash your TDI until the money comes through nor let you put a deposit on one. Plus I've bought 3 cars from the same dealer.
This would be why some of them are handling TDI owners the way they are. They know that whether they shake your hand and apologize or just tell you to take a hike and come back later...you'll come back for more.

halfast3

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI DSG
And if anyone on the east coast wants a great deal too feel free to PM me I'll pass the info along. I've bought 8 cars from him never had an issue. He can ship the cars too if needed.
71SB,
You may be hearing from us too, should we decide to stay with VWAG. Could you narrow down your friend's location without harming his position at the dealership? We purchased our Golf in MN so we're clearly not opposed to traveling for a good cause. :p
Appreciate seeing a positive dealer relationship report! It would be nice to see more.​
"Wag more. Bark less"​

71sbeetle

Veteran Member
TDI
Just got home from Baltimore, answered all PMS. My friend said he'd be more than happy helping you guys out. Not only did he already get the car we wanted, he's holding it for us for free, and he let me put the balance of my dealer card on an account there in case I don't pick it up before it expires!

71sbeetle

Veteran Member
TDI
71SB,
You may be hearing from us too, should we decide to stay with VWAG. Could you narrow down your friend's location without harming his position at the dealership? We purchased our Golf in MN so we're clearly not opposed to traveling for a good cause. :p
Appreciate seeing a positive dealer relationship report! It would be nice to see more.​
"Wag more. Bark less"​
Sorry just seeing that, he's in the southeastern region :p I'll ask him tomorrow if it's ok to post his location publicly (I'm sure it is but just want to make sure) or you can pm me I can pass along his contact info. He's an active dubber himself and was telling me they're expecting less than half of people to stick with VW but it appears he wants to change that. They're a volume dealer tooi think that's why he can give such great deals. Mine was way below MSRP, I see people getting quotes of a few hundred or a thousand under MSRP and it makes me laugh :p

langer

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 a3 & '07 gasser gti
Just got home from Baltimore, answered all PMS. My friend said he'd be more than happy helping you guys out. Not only did he already get the car we wanted, he's holding it for us for free, and he let me put the balance of my dealer card on an account there in case I don't pick it up before it expires!
Which Baltimore dealer? I always went to Hunt Valley motors, but they sold to a corporate dealer and dropped vw.

theseus12

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
There are definitely deals out there right now. I was just quoted $18000 for a Golf Wolfsburg and I am sure I can get the dealer to go lower than that. He even said that he would pay my loan for a month until I could complete the buyback. The only reason I am hesitating is because I am in the midst of refinancing my house and I don't want anything to mess that up.

Cincy_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat SE TDI
Local dealers here in Cincinnati from what I have talked to are offering nothing.. said they may do $500 above invoice.. see yeah

Philpug

Veteran Member
TDI
Gone but not forgotten
I am hoping my local dealer is competitive, if not...road trip! The ole fly & drive.

Tfuce

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf TDI
The only thing I know for certain throughout this whole deal is that I will never give VW another dollar of new business, as much as I like my car. So that makes me feel a little better. You know being certain about something
I made that same decision with an Infiniti about 18 years ago. I had a very nice G20 which developed a rust spot under the door handle very quickly (less than 3 years). Infinity had a great sounding rust-through warranty but they refused to honor it, claiming that the rust resulted from surface damage. A local body shop laughed when I told him that. Absolutely ridiculous. You could see it started underneath the handle mechanism and grew outward. I told the regional manager I would never buy another and I have remained true. He finally offered half but I told him to keep it. They make nice looking cars but I will never consider another. :)

71sbeetle

Veteran Member
TDI
Which Baltimore dealer? I always went to Hunt Valley motors, but they sold to a corporate dealer and dropped vw.
I was there for work, not dealer ;)

71sbeetle

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry just seeing that, he's in the southeastern region :p I'll ask him tomorrow if it's ok to post his location publicly (I'm sure it is but just want to make sure) or you can pm me I can pass along his contact info. He's an active dubber himself and was telling me they're expecting less than half of people to stick with VW but it appears he wants to change that. They're a volume dealer tooi think that's why he can give such great deals. Mine was way below MSRP, I see people getting quotes of a few hundred or a thousand under MSRP and it makes me laugh :p
BTW I asked he said it was ok to say, he's in Atlanta, GA

71sbeetle

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm not going to post the exact price here yet but it's way below invoice, plus he said they just got Halloween money to make it even a sweeter deal.
Oh and he also said a lot of dealers some of his customers got quotes from were NOT including the destination charge in the quote for some reason, but were adding it later during the deal, killing the deal

Fizzyone

TDI
2014 Golf TDI
Someone posting in another thread said a local dealer told him, upon his enquiry as to incentives, "You're getting a good buyback including compensation, that's your incentive." This is certainly not enough to induce me to buy another VW. When we finally turn the car in toward the end of the buyback window, VW is going to have to offer me a very good deal indeed before I'll buy another one.
The business manager at my dealership (aka, finance guy) said the same thing. Where do these guys get off? They act like VW is doing us a favor out of the goodness of their heart. No, sorry, this is per court order, and if VW could have gotten away with paying less, they would have. I love the dealership I've been working with, but this a**hole soured me a bit on both the dealership and VW and I have every intention of letting the general manager know about it--it's no way to entice a TDI owner to stick with the brand. I'm pissed to the point where if they don't hold the Alltrack I have on order if it comes in before my buyback date, I'm canceling my order and going with another brand. Already making my list and test-driving so I'm ready. I'm excited about the Alltrack, but not so much that I'll get walked all over.

Philpug

Veteran Member
TDI
Gone but not forgotten
Each dealer is getting $1.8M, how much of that will be used to incentivise us to stay? How will that compare to other's offerings? GM is coming out with a diesel Equinox, Mazda will he introducing the new CX-5, Honda's new CRV has been announced. Hyundai has annouced $1,250 + 3% of MSRP plus all the other offers. Lets see who is most aggressive trying to get our money.

South Coast Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI wagon
Philpug;5167415[B said:
]Each dealer is getting $1.8M, how much of that will be used to incentivise us to stay?[/B] How will that compare to other's offerings? GM is coming out with a diesel Equinox, Mazda will he introducing the new CX-5, Honda's new CRV has been announced. Hyundai has announced $1,250 + 3% of MSRP plus all the other offers. Lets see who is most aggressive trying to get our money.
Zero. That is to make up for their losses.

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
These guys are providing pretty good prices. The Alltrack isn't heavily discounted, but many models are.
sheehyspringfieldvw.com
They always have good prices. I've sent a few friends to them and they got the price listed on the website plus taxes and fees.
I bought my wife a replacement car Friday that is being shipped to us. I found a lease turn-in Audi Q5 TDI with 20k miles at a really good price. It's affected by the scam too, but she loves the Q5 and we couldn't pass up the deal. If they buy it back we'll come out ahead or we'll keep it and get the fix.

Last edited:

theseus12

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
The price I quoted for a Golf Wolfsburg ($18000) did not include freight and dealer charges. Still, that price is $4000 below MSRP and well below invoice. I have seen prices on the internet down into the $17000's. I just wish I was at the point where I could buy it.

DubFamily

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328D xDrive
No one's online price includes freight or processing fees; just ask for an OTD price and see what they give you.