Veteran Member
TDI
91 Sidekick AHU, '05 Passat Variant BHW, '03 Passat Variant BHW 4MO
Score! now I can stop borrowing...:D

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
Canadian Tire and The Source also sell a set of 4 for not much more... around $10 - 12. Set is made by powerfist and you need to use a 13mm socket with them to make it work.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Just don't expect Snap-On type durability from these... (Actually, I call these low-end tools from Princess and Harbor Freight "Snap-Off)...

I managed to have one of these cheapos (Lisle brand from Princess) self destruct the last time I was removing CV joints... had to go back to my 30 year old Snap-On...

Yuri

streeker02

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf TDI
Just don't expect Snap-On type durability from these... (Actually, I call these low-end tools from Princess and Harbor Freight "Snap-Off)...

I managed to have one of these cheapos (Lisle brand from Princess) self destruct the last time I was removing CV joints... had to go back to my 30 year old Snap-On...

Yuri
yessir....couldn't agree more. These things are poop.

breakfasteatre

Veteran Member
TDI
gone: 97 b4v, 01, 00 mk4 now: 06 mk4v
I remember reading somewhere that lisle and snap-on were the same product for a lot of specialty type tools

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
I would not even waste my $8. I used one of those on a Vanagon driveshaft years ago....I was stuck repairing a CV joint at the side of the road. When I was torquing the last bolt it sheared off flush in the bolt. No way to get it out, and the van joints are heavily recessed into the control arm where you can't get channel lock or vise grips on. It is still stuck in there today I'm sure....

TheTDIWagonGuy

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Black 2003 Bora Wagon TDI
There will always be the debate when it comes to cheaper tools. If you do use them regularly or professionally than you should be using nothing but the highest quality tools. But if you are like me and just want to repair my door switch. Eight dollar tools will do just fine.

(The correct) Part number on the receipt: 8306813

Last edited:

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Just got back from picking up the trippel square set from Part Source ($11) and they have the tripple square sockets (Jet brand) at $6 each too. I needed these to change the clutch on a 1.8T.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Just got back from picking up the trippel square set from Part Source ($11) and they have the tripple square sockets (Jet brand) at $6 each too. I needed these to change the clutch on a 1.8T.