Those of you stuck on step #15 since October....

Tenebrae

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Jetta TDI Premium with Nav TURNED IN 03/10/2017
Finally got a callback from Alex from the Class Counsel. He's checking into my claim and says he SHOULD be getting back to me within a week. I won't hold my breath.

-T.

BPofMD

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE
FINALLY!!! At 7:28AM today I received the long awaited email. Printed it, took to bank, notarized and VW received the paperwork back in pdf form at 10:38 AM. Now how long to get off of Step 17 ????

UPDATE: Got approval and turn-in date before noon!! Prob is turn-in isn't until MARCH!!!! Oh, well, ain't driving it anyway. MO $ !

Last edited:

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Recent experience suggests your upload will probably be approved within a few hours.

drsven

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6-Speed
FINALLY!!! At 7:28AM today I received the long awaited email. Printed it, took to bank, notarized and VW received the paperwork back in pdf form at 10:38 AM. Now how long to get off of Step 17 ????
Stuck on Step #17 since 1/4 :mad:
QR in scanned docs are both present and functional :mad::mad:

My timeline:
10/5 - Uploaded docs
11/16 - Docs accepted
1/3 - Offer letter received
1/4 Offer letter signed, notarized and uploaded.
:mad::mad::mad:

Maybe someday VW will honor me the 'privilege' of scheduling a buyback.

Last edited:

beancounter

TDI
2014 Sportwagen 2013 Beetle Conv
Stuck on Step #17 since 1/4 :mad:
QR in scanned docs are both present and functional :mad::mad:

My timeline:
10/5 - Uploaded docs
11/16 - Docs accepted
1/4 Offer letter signed, notarized and uploaded.
:mad::mad::mad:
On step #17 since 12/13. No explanation, no help from class counsel. When I tell the help line that this step seems to take 24 hours or less I was told that was impossible. I sort of wonder if having the second vehicle slows things up. Every step takes much longer, and yet everything was done exactly the same. I turned in my Beetle on 12/19.

Last edited:

MarkB

TDI
2012 Passat
On step #17 since 12/13.
I was in a similar situation. It took almost a month for someone to finally tell me that the signed offer letter that I uploaded was corrupt and could not be opened. I had to fax in the offer and actually spoke with someone that helped me get through the process while I was on the phone with him, but like I said, that was about a month to late.

usmcracing

TDI
2006 Jetta BRM
After being at step 15 since 11/10/2016 I received my offer on 1/9/2017. Signed/Notarized on 1/10/2017, loaded on the claim site on 1/11/2017, and scheduled buyback appointment 15 mins after loading offer letter. The earliest buyback appointment was March 3rd, which sucks because my car is currently parked to keep to mileage under 45k.

I am not happy with the offer amount but I already had a rough idea on that for months, I just want the car gone so I can buy a replacement (Non VW).

Last edited:

drsven

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6-Speed
On step #17 since 12/13. No explanation, no help from class counsel. When I tell the help line that this step seems to take 24 hours or less I was told that was impossible. I sort of wonder if having the second vehicle slows things up. Every step takes much longer, and yet everything was done exactly the same. I turned in my Beetle on 12/19.
What's most frustrating (at least for me), is the gap in time between doc acceptance and the offer letter publish date.
I first uploaded my documents back in early October? My claim has already moved slow enough as it is. Now to pull this crap where they stall again seems like a slap in the face.

This is *NOT* a regional issue, as other owners in my area have completed buybacks much sooner and *HAVE* filed claims much later.

W*F VW?

Last edited:

DrgRnnr

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta
After being at step 15 since 11/10/2016 I received my offer on 1/9/2017. Signed/Notarized on 1/10/2017, loaded on the claim site on 1/11/2017, and scheduled buyback appointment 15 mins after loading offer letter. The earliest buyback appointment was March 3rd, which sucks because my car is currently parked to keep to mileage under 45k.

I am not happy with the offer amount but I already had a rough idea on that for months, I just want the car gone so I can buy a replacement (Non VW).
Not sure you understand how the mileage brackets work. Its the mileage on your car as of September 2015. You are allotted 1041.6 miles/month. So if you are sitting at 44900 miles currently, then your car is being evaluated as of today at 28244 miles (44900 current miles - (16 months x 1041 miles)= 28244). So that said you actually have ~1750 miles to burn this month before going into the next bracket. In February you'll get another 1041 miles to burn and since you're appt is in March that's another 1041 miles.
All said you can drive the car 3832 miles before bumping into the next mileage bracket. Here's the silver lining though if you don't move the car and assuming you are at 44779 miles or less at buyback and wait till April for an appt you'll actually drop brackets and get $300 more for your car! (2015 GSW SE assumption)
My vote is to enjoy your car, drive the crap out of it for the next 45 days and quit worrying about the process. It will all be over soon enough.

zoomydu

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
Here's the silver lining though if you don't move the car and assuming you are at 44779 miles or less at buyback and wait till April for an appt you'll actually drop brackets and get $300 more for your car! (2015 GSW SE assumption)
Huh...I knew about the penalties for going over allotted mileage, but there's potential of bonus for staying under? We've hardly driven our 2010 JSW in probably 3 months, since it's developed some gradually worsening mechanical issues that we're not about to invest in fixing. We're driving it just enough to keep it from suffering any issues from being parked in the cold, so maybe for an hour every 7-10 days.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Not sure you understand how the mileage brackets work. Its the mileage on your car as of September 2015. You are allotted 1041.6 miles/month. So if you are sitting at 44900 miles currently, then your car is being evaluated as of today at 28244 miles (44900 current miles - (16 months x 1041 miles)= 28244). So that said you actually have ~1750 miles to burn this month before going into the next bracket. In February you'll get another 1041 miles to burn and since you're appt is in March that's another 1041 miles.
All said you can drive the car 3832 miles before bumping into the next mileage bracket. Here's the silver lining though if you don't move the car and assuming you are at 44779 miles or less at buyback and wait till April for an appt you'll actually drop brackets and get $300 more for your car! (2015 GSW SE assumption)
My vote is to enjoy your car, drive the crap out of it for the next 45 days and quit worrying about the process. It will all be over soon enough.

As they say TIMING is everything:)

With I could figure the calculation for my car (IF) I deside to do the buy back

I originally figurd it for 5,000-10,000 and a turn in date of June 2018

Wondering what the amount would be with a turn in date of March with less than 5,000 miles?

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Huh...I knew about the penalties for going over allotted mileage, but there's potential of bonus for staying under?

Exactly. Our magic month is February, when our parked, 22,000 mile '15 Passat gains $600 in value. There it will stand for the remainder of the buyback days.

Mafia-20

TDI
13 Passat
Been waiting since 11/1/2016 with the green check marks, called Vw 10 days ago and they said they would send me the offer in the mail within 5 business days. :confused:

blondeshady2001

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 BGM DSG TDI 4DR
yeah that's seeming to be a common experience around here. There's another thread titled the 2 month club. Head on over and introduce yourself there lol. We love new members.
</sarcasm>

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
As they say TIMING is everything:)

With I could figure the calculation for my car (IF) I deside to do the buy back

I originally figurd it for 5,000-10,000 and a turn in date of June 2018

Wondering what the amount would be with a turn in date of March with less than 5,000 miles?
You'll go from +$510 to +$870. I only have 17.8K on my '15 Passat. - adjusted to 1128. Probably will turn mine in with a negative number. Unfortunately there is no special bracket for that.

beancounter

TDI
2014 Sportwagen 2013 Beetle Conv
Finally after a month at Step 17 I got help from class counsel who agreed that something was wrong to be stuck at this step. It looks like it just never got handed off, just uploaded into limbo. At 5 pm I got the email the portal was open. First available time in area was March 1st. It took exactly 3 weeks for payoff to reach Credit Union on the Beetle, so I expect to finally be done wuth JSW 3rd week in March. That would make it 6 months since I originally uploaded documents on 9/20/16. Sorry VW after having several cars looks like I am done, to many better gas powered options with WAY better customer service.

drsven

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6-Speed
@beancounter

I completely understand your frustration. From step 15 to 17 was a very long wait for me and now stuck @ 17. I received a call from class counsel today and they are also puzzled by how long my buyback process is taking. They will contact VW next week, but I was told to expect 5 business days for a response. I'm beyond frustrated with this entire experience. I'm also baffled at how some owners are breezing thru the process, with several of them dealing with more complicated buyback scenarios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmandaSch

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
I've been waiting 3 weeks just to get my portal reset so I can switch and do the buyback. I sent an email and they got in touch with VW to see what's going on with my account.

jondiehl

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Stuck on step #15 since 11/2 :mad:

Aug 3 - online claim submittedSept 28 - documents submitted
Nov 2 - documents approved
Nov 11 - offer approved and sent to claims supervisor (verified by "Jessica" on the website's chat feature... back when it actually worked)
Dec 13 - emailed VW class counsel with my concerns over the delay
Dec 13 - received call from VW class counsel and was given no useful information other than they're overwhelmed.

TBD??? - final offer received to be notarized and sent back

My car: 2013 Passat SEL TDI, 64,985 miles. Single owner, original owner, small loan balance remaining at U.S. Bank.

Not sure what the hold up is, but I already bought a new car over Labor Day and the VW has been sitting in the driveway with no plates since Halloween (I'm 8 miles from my dealership, so I planned to turn it in with just under 65K, although my original claim submission had a 65K-70K turn-in miles estimate, so I should be getting some extra funds back for the lower mileage).

titleist1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE TDI
Been waiting since 11/1/2016 with the green check marks, called Vw 10 days ago and they said they would send me the offer in the mail within 5 business days. :confused:
Much like "dog years" multiply the VW number by 7 to get an optimistic real world number. :)

titleist1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE TDI
Miracle of Miracles....no i didn't get an offer, but i did get through on the claims phone line for the first time ever. I found out they had made a call to the credit union for a payoff amount on 1/6 at 8 am. No surprise that nobody answered since the credit union doesn't open until 9. No other attempt in the week since then. I had them put a note in the 'file' whatever that means to call between 9am and 4pm east coast time since that is when the credit union is OPEN.

Anyway I do feel better that there is actually a real live claim in the system and somebody tried to do something with it. I also verified my current mileage fell within the window I estimated initially so the buyback amount would be accurate. They could give no estimate of a time frame for when a call would be made or how long it would take an offer to be sent after they have the payoff amount or anything else. The mushroom policy in action.

drsven

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6-Speed
Scheduled Buyback

Finally! Past Step 17! Appointment booked. :)

My timeline:
10/5 - Uploaded docs
11/16 - Docs accepted
1/4 - Offer letter signed, notarized and uploaded.
1/16 - Offer letter accepted - Appointment scheduled
3/1 - Buyback Scheduled

I spoke with the class counsel last week, so maybe that helped? Maybe issues with the website were sorted out over the weekend, or maybe the VW gods wanted to mess with my head and just took their sweet a$$ time... most likely :cool:

Who knows? Good luck to those that are stuck in various stages of this process.:cool:

Narvelous81

TDI
2014 Passat SE TDI
So I called the claims line and of course they couldn't tell me anything new pertaining to my claim, however they did say that they were waiting for a payoff quote from my CU. So I decided to call them and they said that a payoff quote was given to them on Friday the 13th. Anyone know a timeline when the payoff quote was given to a final offer is generated?

Grayantz

TDI
Finally at 17! I didn't think it was ever going to happen, was sure my claim was in a black hole.

Similar to timeline to drsven:
Docs uploaded 10/26/2016
Docs accepted 11/18/2016
Offer letter signed, notarized and uploaded 1/14/2017
Buyback scheduled for 3/1/2017 (first available time at my local dealer)

Looks like I will park it and buy a new vehicle now, it's worth an additional $510 to turn it in with my current mileage and hopefully I will find some good deals on the remaining 2016's still available.

IA DPE

TDI
2009 Jetta (sold back 08/18); 2014 Q5 (totaled 12/19😥); 2013 Dodge Cummins
I submitted my signed acceptance letter on MLK day, and it was approved within three hrs. :eek:

I was surprised at the timely acceptance.

chief poncho

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
I received an email today requesting me to contact my credit union to authorize VW to request the loan payoff amount. Wasn't that the point of the financial consent form? I contacted my credit union just in case and they indicated it should be sufficient. I don't know if VW is simply trying to provide more feedback to us owners on the process as they go through the steps or if they had issues getting loan payoff information from some lending institutions. Regardless at least it looks like the finish line is near for this car.

Docs uploaded Sept 26th
Docs approved Nov 16thish
Email for loan payoff received 1/18
Offer letter ????

Kukaless

TDI
13' Passat TDI
Email received on 1/16/17 stating the following:
We are contacting you with an update on your claim status. There is only one remaining step before Volkswagen can extend an offer to you for your claim. Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. must obtain the current outstanding payoff amount of your existing loan.
This information is needed to generate an offer letter for your review, and for validation purposes must come directly from your lender. Depending on the lender, the process may require your direct involvement.
If you would like to help make this process go faster, there are steps that you can take to help Volkswagen obtain your loan payoff amount. Please contact your lender and provide both verbal and written authorization for the release of payoff information to Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.
You should provide written consent in whatever form your lender requires, but if your lender requires written consent and does not have a preferred form, you may use the Financial Consent form, which is the form you provided to us during the claims process and can be found here.
We thank you for your patience as we continue to process claims.

My frustration is that I gave my bank both written and verbal consent back in October. I called the claim hotline and they say they reached out to my bank 2 times in December even though my bank says they dont have a record of the 2 calls.

Long story short. They told me to have my bank fax a 10 day payoff with my name and claim number. I will be calling them back later this evening to ensure they got the fax and this process can continue.

Hopefully this info can help others out. Check with both Volkswagan and your bank and see if thats why your claim is held up.

Documents uploaded: 10/12/16
Documents marked complete: 10/26/16
Email from VWGOA on 1/16/17
Fax payoff to VWGOA on 1/18/17

XtreemLee

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon Wagon (bought back), 2006 Golf GLI
I had approved docs on November 14th. Just got an email yesterday asking for payoff assistance. Looks like a heads up to make it easier for them to get it. Had my bank fax it to them, we'll see...