Those of you stuck on step #15 since October....

speedrye

Veteran Member
TDI
13 JSW DSG, 14 JSW DSG
Hmm, you guys got me thinking about the payoff. I went on my bank's website and printed the 10-day payoff. Wrote my claim number in big numbers on it and faxed it in. Hopefully this will save VW a few weeks of fumbling around and I can get an offer.

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Hmm, you guys got me thinking about the payoff. I went on my bank's website and printed the 10-day payoff. Wrote my claim number in big numbers on it and faxed it in. Hopefully this will save VW a few weeks of fumbling around and I can get an offer.
I asked them fairly early on if I could do that. I told them that I could either just document the number and submit it, or get an official payoff letter from the Credit Union and submit that. They said there was no way for that to be entered into my claim's documentation.

I also called my Credit Union and told them that VW and its representatives had my authorization to get a payoff amount; I asked if they needed anything in writing and they indicated that they didn't. I don't know if that sped the process along or not.

blondeshady2001

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 BGM DSG TDI 4DR
probably not, but it gave you a person to talk to for a few fleeting moments, tricking yourself into thinking progress is being made.

speedrye

Veteran Member
TDI
13 JSW DSG, 14 JSW DSG
I asked them fairly early on if I could do that. I told them that I could either just document the number and submit it, or get an official payoff letter from the Credit Union and submit that. They said there was no way for that to be entered into my claim's documentation.

I also called my Credit Union and told them that VW and its representatives had my authorization to get a payoff amount; I asked if they needed anything in writing and they indicated that they didn't. I don't know if that sped the process along or not.
I figured they're probably just giving the banks the same fax number we have access to, so are they really gonna know that it came from me and not the bank? Who knows, I figured it was worth a shot. I guess I'll know when I receive the offer letter based on the amount due to the lender. If VW got the number on any other day, the payoff amount should be different than what mine shows today.

null145

TDI
2013 & 2014 Jetta TDI
Stuck on green checks since Nov. 3rd... VW attempted to contact my bank on the 4th of Jan this year before the bank was open. Apparently, time zones are confusing to VW. I was told by a claims rep that VW would not try to contact my bank again after a contact failure. The rep I spoke with was adamant I could fix that via fax and it would help usher the process along. So I just faxed in my payoff for both of my claims. I spoke with my credit union and they faxed me a payoff page for each claim. I wrote the claim number on the corresponding bank payoff page, and faxed the finished product to VW.

Last edited:

Rmohd

TDI
2012 Passat
what a bunch of Tools...at VW buyback

documents approved on Nov. 20th.
called claims # today,

They state, your registration does not show your name and address.
I say, shouldn't someone contact me and ask me to re upload?
They say, if you go to the patrol and log in it should show you.
I say, no everything is green and I have an e mail stating all documents have been excepted.
They say, OH I will have to escalate this to a supervisor.
I say, if you look at the registration, it has my drivers license # listed and you have a photo of my drivers license and they match...?????
They say, ya I don't know what they are doing, if you don't get any info back in 3 business days you will know every thing is ok and they are working on your offer letter.
I say, please tell them if they need any new documents I will need to be able to upload them as they have already said they have all they need and I can not upload anything with out them changing something or e mailing me and giving me directions....................................

then I kindly thanked the lady for he help told her I understood it was not her fault. end of rant..

Update:

the next day, 1-20-17 I get offer letter, I sigh notarize and return same day. today I get acceptance E mail and schedule to return car Feb 25th, have a call in to see if I can move that date up any...... what a process..almost done..

Last edited:

Snufalufagus

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Golf TDI, 13 CC R-Line (wifey's)
Offer letter came in yesterday morning. notarized and faxed back within 1 hour. Took less than 5 minutes to get approved and scheduled my appointment for Feb 15th. Finally.

jondiehl

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Stuck on step #15 since 11/2 :mad:

Aug 3 - online claim submittedSept 28 - documents submitted
Nov 2 - documents approved
Nov 11 - offer approved and sent to claims supervisor (verified by "Jessica" on the website's chat feature... back when it actually worked)
Dec 13 - emailed VW class counsel with my concerns over the delay
Dec 13 - received call from VW class counsel and was given no useful information other than they're overwhelmed.

TBD??? - final offer received to be notarized and sent back

My car: 2013 Passat SEL TDI, 64,985 miles. Single owner, original owner, small loan balance remaining at U.S. Bank.

Not sure what the hold up is, but I already bought a new car over Labor Day and the VW has been sitting in the driveway with no plates since Halloween (I'm 8 miles from my dealership, so I planned to turn it in with just under 65K, although my original claim submission had a 65K-70K turn-in miles estimate, so I should be getting some extra funds back for the lower mileage).

Finally!

Got an email yesterday that my offer package was on the website and available to download. I had it printed, notarized, and uploaded within 90mins. Got the accepted email about 60 seconds after uploading it with the ability to schedule my buyback appointment. Earliest available appointment was March 10th despite having 5 or 6 dealerships in my metro area.

The offer amount was the same as the estimate back in August, but I'll end up getting more since the car has been parked and didn't end up going into the next mileage range they had estimated.

GoThingNC

TDI
2011 JSW-Toffee Brown
Just got my offer this morning and sent in the notarized form:)

Earliest appt. in my area is March 8th.

TattdCodeMonkey

TDI
'12 Jetta Sportwagen
I wish I would of thought to check this Forum earlier. Similar status as lots in this thread.

Submitted paperwork on 9/7, paperwork was accepted on 10/31 (Step 15), then radio silence until the email about needing payoff on Jan. the 19th. Called claims customer support several times in Dec & Jan with no help just "wait"

My credit union will not give out any information without me on the line, there is no consent I can sign or give verbally. Sent email to claims counsel tonight and will wait some more.

My check engine and engine malfunction lights came on last week and we had our 3rd kid this week. Really need to take care of all this so we can get a vehicle with a 3rd row seat. Unfortunately I cant afford to park my TDI and buy something else. So its just a hurry up and wait and be frustrated.

Kukaless

TDI
13' Passat TDI
Email received on 1/16/17 stating the following:
We are contacting you with an update on your claim status. There is only one remaining step before Volkswagen can extend an offer to you for your claim. Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. must obtain the current outstanding payoff amount of your existing loan.
This information is needed to generate an offer letter for your review, and for validation purposes must come directly from your lender. Depending on the lender, the process may require your direct involvement.
If you would like to help make this process go faster, there are steps that you can take to help Volkswagen obtain your loan payoff amount. Please contact your lender and provide both verbal and written authorization for the release of payoff information to Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.
You should provide written consent in whatever form your lender requires, but if your lender requires written consent and does not have a preferred form, you may use the Financial Consent form, which is the form you provided to us during the claims process and can be found here.
We thank you for your patience as we continue to process claims.

My frustration is that I gave my bank both written and verbal consent back in October. I called the claim hotline and they say they reached out to my bank 2 times in December even though my bank says they dont have a record of the 2 calls.

Long story short. They told me to have my bank fax a 10 day payoff with my name and claim number. I will be calling them back later this evening to ensure they got the fax and this process can continue.

Hopefully this info can help others out. Check with both Volkswagan and your bank and see if thats why your claim is held up.

Documents uploaded: 10/12/16
Documents marked complete: 10/26/16
Email from VWGOA on 1/16/17
Fax payoff to VWGOA on 1/18/17
UPDATE:

Got my offer email on 1/21/17 at 8:06 am. 3 days after I had my bank fax in the payoff paperwork. Notarized and submitted on 1/23/17.

On to the next step...

Tenebrae

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Jetta TDI Premium with Nav TURNED IN 03/10/2017
OMG.
I was just getting ready to log in and rant about STILL being stuck on step 15 when lo and behold, THE OFFER JUST APPEARED about 30 minutes ago!!!

I am currently at work until Midnight, so no action will be taken today. Tomorrow, I have to hustle my bustle and get this thing printed out, notarized, and uploaded. I ALSO have to register my vehicle in MO because that's about to expire and I know this will NOT be turned in before it expires. Given the amount of short surface street trips I take around this major metro area, I do not want to risk rolling around with expired out of state tags. Plus, I'm a Lucy Lawful. >_>

Update for me:
Documents uploaded: 10/27/2016
Step 15: 11/08/2016
Offer received: 01/25/2017

My offer letter is dated November 26, 2016. Took them 2 months to get it to me.

-T.

Narvelous81

TDI
2014 Passat SE TDI
Just got off the phone with claims. Green checkmarks since November 10th. They said offer letter was generated on the 16th of January and is in the hands of the auditor. Now I wait 10 business days right?

Last edited:

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
OMG.
I was just getting ready to log in and rant about STILL being stuck on step 15 when lo and behold, THE OFFER JUST APPEARED about 30 minutes ago!!!

Update for me:
Documents uploaded: 10/27/2016
Step 15: 11/08/2016
Offer received: 01/25/2017

My offer letter is dated November 26, 2016. Took them 2 months to get it to me.
Congrats, Patience. Actually, they're so sick of people calling and bugging that they probably sensed you were about to call, so shot you an offer.

What's up with November 26th though?!? You and I have fairly close timelines, including the total days waited for the offer letter, but my offer was dated 6 days before I received it! Wonder how/why they'd sit on yours for five weeks.

Tenebrae

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Jetta TDI Premium with Nav TURNED IN 03/10/2017
I know, right? Those of us who uploaded our stuff first seem to have largely been put into some limbo pile.
I just got my docs notarized today at a nice Audi dealership across the street from the VW dealer (for free). Scanned with CS app on my android (Thanks, forum!) into a single document and uploaded them tonight when I got home. Just got the email to make an appointment. Wow, NOW it's moving fast!
This baby's going to the Great TDI Parking Lot in the Sky on March 10th.
For the record, I did check all the dealers in the area and my "preferred dealer" was the soonest by about a week.

-T.

cmarcho

TDI
2015 Corvette Z51 7spd / 2016 ATS-V (was '13 passat sel)
Finally received my offer today. Documents were approved and had green check marks since November 8th.

This is for a 13 Passat with a local credit union loan balance.

Wife and I both have a hectic day ahead on Friday but we are going to try very hard to get the thing notarized and uploaded asap.

Dbplayerett09

TDI
2013 Jetta
I received an email today requesting me to contact my credit union to authorize VW to request the loan payoff amount. Wasn't that the point of the financial consent form? I contacted my credit union just in case and they indicated it should be sufficient. I don't know if VW is simply trying to provide more feedback to us owners on the process as they go through the steps or if they had issues getting loan payoff information from some lending institutions. Regardless at least it looks like the finish line is near for this car.

Docs uploaded Sept 26th
Docs approved Nov 16thish
Email for loan payoff received 1/18
Offer letter ????
I also received an email of loan payoff on 1/18. I called my institution and they faxed VW at 3:45 that day and I haven't heard anything since. Has anyone else had this issue or know how long it takes after initial offer sent?

cmarcho

TDI
2015 Corvette Z51 7spd / 2016 ATS-V (was '13 passat sel)
Finally received my offer today. Documents were approved and had green check marks since November 8th.
This is for a 13 Passat with a local credit union loan balance.
Wife and I both have a hectic day ahead on Friday but we are going to try very hard to get the thing notarized and uploaded asap.

Docs notarized on Saturday, and uploaded that evening.

Got email 5:30am today to schedule appt.

First available in my area was March 8th.

looking back through emails, here is my timeline:

7/28 registered on portal
9/19 docs submitted
10/18 docs incomplete, rejected no co-registrant had to get reset
11/9 docs approved
1/26 final offer
1/30 scheduled buyback for 3/8

I have a loan through a local Credit Union and chose EFT.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Docs notarized on Saturday, and uploaded that evening.

Got email 5:30am today to schedule appt.

First available in my area was March 8th.

looking back through emails, here is my timeline:

7/28 registered on portal
9/19 docs submitted
10/18 docs incomplete, rejected no co-registrant had to get reset
11/9 docs approved
1/26 final offer
1/30 scheduled buyback for 3/8

I have a loan through a local Credit Union and chose EFT.

'bout 6 months and counting:confused:

What a vw mess:mad:

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
I know, right? Those of us who uploaded our stuff first seem to have largely been put into some limbo pile.
I just got my docs notarized today at a nice Audi dealership across the street from the VW dealer (for free). Scanned with CS app on my android (Thanks, forum!) into a single document and uploaded them tonight when I got home. Just got the email to make an appointment. Wow, NOW it's moving fast!
This baby's going to the Great TDI Parking Lot in the Sky on March 10th.
For the record, I did check all the dealers in the area and my "preferred dealer" was the soonest by about a week.

-T.
Looks that way to me:mad:

Hoping those of us going for a later date might get lucky ~~ with a shorter process. :confused:

843tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Audi A3 Premium Plus, 2015 Passat SE Tdi
I'm still stuck on step 15 from October as well how many of us are left it does seem that we are becoming the minority and not the majority which is a good sign.

XtreemLee

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon Wagon (bought back), 2006 Golf GLI
"
Ankura consulting is a dead end, but at least I got a response. Email sent over the weekend.

Dear Mr. (my name removed),

Thank you for contacting the Claims Supervisor personnel at Ankura Consulting.

We have been appointed by the Court to serve as the independent Claims Supervisor to oversee Volkswagen’s progress and compliance with the settlement. Among other things, the Claims Supervisor has the responsibility to monitor Volkswagen’s compliance with the claims process in accordance with the express terms of the Resolution Agreements submitted by the parties and approved by the Court. Please understand that we do not work for Volkswagen and we are not administering the claims process.

The Claims Supervisor will continue to monitor each claim that Volkswagen receives, as well as the company’s timeliness in the review process, and report the results so that issues related to Volkswagen’s compliance with the Resolution Agreements may be addressed by the parties with the Court.

Because Volkswagen is administering the claims process, only they may provide information for specific claims. Therefore, we ascomhat you reach out directly to Volkswagen’s customer support center for information on your situation. We are aware that Volkswagen is experiencing delays with claimants who have third party loans. If you are within this category, that is you do not have a loan with Volkswagen Credit Inc. or Audi Financial Services, you may wish to contact Volkswagen’s support center and navigate through the following prompts offered by the Hotline: 1-1-2. We sincerely apologize that we cannot be of more assistance.

If you still have questions regarding your claim or the claim process more generally, you may choose to confer with Class Counsel, as they have been appointed to represent you in this matter. Contact information for Class Counsel can be found in the Long Form Notice, or they may be reached at info@vwclasscounsel.com.

We appreciate your correspondence and providing us valuable insight into the Volkswagen claims program consumer experience. We will certainly take your comments into consideration as we undertake our ongoing reporting responsibilities.

Thank you again for your correspondence.

Sincerely,

Ankura Consulting Group, LLC

1220 19th Street, NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20031
ankuraconsulting.com"

iadubber

Veteran Member
TDI
JSW
I received the same email from Ankura as well and there's been no movement on my claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnmharte

TDI
2013 JSW TDI - 6MT/Nav/Pano
I came on just to see if I was alone.

It's been 47 business days since I confirmed my documents were past VW, past the 3rd party auditor, and my offer was in draft status.

I uploaded on 10/10 the day I was first allowed.
Documents approved on 11/2.
Since then it's been a crazy slow walk.

I'm the owner, no loans, 3rd parties, etc.
I was told something new that I've not heard on this thread or others yet... that I'm in an "escalation" status and should hear from a human by Wednesday. That was on 1/27.

Will see if that means anything at all.

As a litmus test, my sister, submitted end of Nov, hers is bought back now.
Person who bought a BMW off me a month ago. Submitted in mid November. His bought back last Monday.
I really don't understand.

The only theory people have come up with is how large our payout will be since it is a fully optioned vehicle and they are paying us directly. Perhaps there is some kind of underwriting hold on payouts over say $25k. That would be an interesting metric, delays to people that will be getting a large check from the settlement fund.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
The only theory people have come up with is how large our payout will be since it is a fully optioned vehicle and they are paying us directly. Perhaps there is some kind of underwriting hold on payouts over say $25k. That would be an interesting metric, delays to people that will be getting a large check from the settlement fund.
Not likely. We're touching $30k and, per my sig, just ahead of you in submitting.

Ramonbo89

TDI
2015 Jetta S
The people who submitted their documents first were put on a back burner. I know several people who submitted documents in mid to late November and have already had their cars bought. I submitted my documents on 10/29 and I just got my offer letter on 01/27.... and I have my turn in date for 03/18. Joy. The only good thing is I will get t least 2 months of payments back

iadubber

Veteran Member
TDI
JSW
Mine's only $11,$$$ and some change so that's not the case in my claim. I call in, the lady sounded like she had kids screaming in the background, non-chalant, "yeah sir, you should see an offer soon. If you don't this week then call back next week." Sounded like she didn't give a sh!t, which I'm sure she didn't.

All I want is an answer as to where my claim is and nobody can help me. I've emailed the counsel and Cameron emailed back that she'd look into it a week ago and I've never heard back from her despite me emailing her back for an update. I've chatted, I've emailed Ankura and nothing. I've submitted a second claim on the same car and was green check marked the next day and nothing since then. It's complete BS, meanwhile I now am paying two car payments because I bought a replacement figuring no later than December would I get my car bought back since I was one of the first uploaders.

:mad:

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
The people who submitted their documents first were put on a back burner.
This is speculation, but I don't believe it's correct.

Yes, it's true that there are some early-submitting outliers who have not been serviced, and it's also true there are a great many who have sped through the buyback pedigrees to completion.

But I've followed the spreadsheet brackets closely, and the progression of early submitters has trended towards acceptance, offer and buyback ahead of later submitters, like a lazy wave pushing towards shore.

I wouldn't push the narrative that early submitters are being held back, but that some claims move fast, others not so fast, and a few seem stuck.

Three months from submission to offer seems like a typical "not so fast" timeline.