This is getting down right ridiculous

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
1.329 for shell ultra :confused: :mad:

I usually get sunoco gold, but they decided not to get any this week due to the price being so high, 1.289, but they sold old so i had to resort to the crappy shell ultra. Even regular diesel was at 1.299 at the shell pumps.

Please tell me we aren't going to hit 1.5 this summer cause that would suck the big one.:eek:

Sweeps

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently. MK4/5/6 Jetta's in the past.
I'd count on it. Out west, my Dad has to put premium fuel in his cars, and he is paying 1.419 right now. RUG is 1.299. Diesel is in the 1.399 range.

$1.50/Litre is only a matter of time.

I heard an interesting statement the other day though:

"The only solution to high gas prices, is high gas prices."

Makes sense if you think about it.

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
if thats the outcome i am going to start looking into making a biodiesel processor of my own. Plenty of restaurants around to give me their used oil - just gotta learn how to do it

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
I thought of getting a fuel meiser, or making my own, doesn't look like it would be that hard to do.

I just don't like the thought of hauling veg oil in my car, wish i had my caddy on the road to do that.

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
I always pay over 1.30 for Flying J diesel now.... the little stations are over 1.40. I've just started using b100 at 1.25, and there is a tax credit I can apply for which makes it 1.09....

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
Tax credit for BIO, due tell more

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
QC gov't is giving back .16 / l of b100 purchased. It's a program that dates from 2006. You can submit your bills every 3 mths or 3000 liters.

pasta_rocket

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI
If that is the case for Ontario, then there are BIO stations around GTA...

On a happier note, Husky at 401 and Dixie the diesel was 1.18.

F Shell - I can't stand those guys.

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
yes, i think you do have to be a resident of Quebec to take advantage of this program. Here is the form from the revenu Quebec website:

http://www.revenu.gouv.qc.ca/documents/eng/formulaires/ca/ca-10.bi-v(2007-04).pdf

The company who are selling the Bio are making it. They are a chemical company by nature that has just gotten into this game. They claim that there product is 100% certified and that they stand behind it 100%. The 1 big pain in the ass is that they are only open 9-4 M-F....

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
PHAT-DUB said:
What' so crappy about shell ultra??
Agreed. Sunoco Gold used to be the shizzle, but I found my car prefers Shell Ultra to Sunoco Gold. Little more power, little more mileage.

I'm filling up at the Flying J at Albion and Hwy 27 lately. It's a lunch trip for me at work, but being as I've paid 1.20 and less over the past while, I'm okay with it. Yeah, no Ultra, but I still get decent power and mileage. Right now, i'd rather spend 5-10 cents less per litre and get regular diesel.

SilveR316

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW Golf 1.9L TDI
http://www.goldenfuelsystems.com/

Read it, learn it, live it.

My dad currently has about 500L of vegetable oil (read "fuel") sitting in his garage.

The best part.... the ~$1300 you spend on the unit... will pay itself back in less than a year, depending on your driving of course.

kingkos

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon TDI
SilveR316 said:
I would definitely emphasize the first two points before deciding to take the plunge. Also, I suggest reading about the good, the bad and the ugly.

Keep in mind, running on grease is definitely possible and has been successfully done by many people for over 100K miles, but if done wrong, will lead to engine problems/death.

steve

Friar

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 5spd
It'll soon be time to dump the TDI and get a smart car...
I'm anticipating $2.00 / litre this summer... I think it's around $5.00 Euros /litre
in Europe already...

KILOFINAL

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI. Shadow Blue/Tan leather 5speed with PPQ
what gets me is the truckers that ride by butt

at 120KM/H on the 401. If they are complaining about the high prices they should slow down! The only consolation is that we're getting 1200K on a tank. Gotta love the torque as well, although I guess you guys with chipped engines are really having fun.

dandywriter

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf Wagon 6M
If you're travelling to Ottawa...

Flying J in Napanee is a good place. A week and a half ago I paid 1.201/l for diesel, yesterday, 1.171/l. Price around here is pretty painful.

SilveR316

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW Golf 1.9L TDI
kingkos said:
I would definitely emphasize the first two points before deciding to take the plunge. Also, I suggest reading about the good, the bad and the ugly.

Keep in mind, running on grease is definitely possible and has been successfully done by many people for over 100K miles, but if done wrong, will lead to engine problems/death.

steve
Of course you should learn about it fully first. As with any engine modification (especially fueling) if you don't know what you are doing you run the risk of damaging your engine (or worse). However, if done correctly, you can essentially be running on "free" fuel.

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
i filled up this morning, Sunoco Gold, 125.9, in Kitchener. I think it's about a penny less from the last time i filled up, which was a couple of weeks ago.

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
i don't mind shell ultra, but my car really loves the sunoco gold for performance, and you notice immediately after fillup.

maybe they have the ultra and reg, pumps switched in ptbo, that would suck.

terry_01vw

TDI
01 jetta tdi
yatzee said:
I've just started using b100 at 1.25, and there is a tax credit I can apply for which makes it 1.09....
Where are you getting your b100? I'm actually located just a 20 min drive from you (west of rigaud)

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
Filled up a few minutes ago at Courtney Park and kennedy (the husky station) for $1.168 RUG was $1.198 i was extatic!

VDubbing

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta Galactic Blue
Well I might be....mine is an 03.

Can someone post when princess auto or canadian tire have those siphoning tubes on sale. I think its time i invest in one of these gadgets just in case.

punkie

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
OmegaRenegade said:
if thats the outcome i am going to start looking into making a biodiesel processor of my own. Plenty of restaurants around to give me their used oil - just gotta learn how to do it
Seriously...if you do, we should get a bunch of us in the area to pitch in and learn...make it a GTG and we'll have loads of BIO for everyone! It could be a COMMUNAL BIO PROCESSOR! I'm totally in!

punkie

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Actually, the wife and I are already considering different modes of transportation: she, a motorcycle. Me, a folding bike/TTC/long board.

:D

casey_tdi97

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta,97,red
CmdrData said:
VDub, I remember when I first got the car, diesel was $0.50/L so I guess I'm not part of the "too young to remember" group. LOL
When I first got mine in 97, it was 0.46 a litre. (Wiping away tears) It was beautiful to fill in those days.

Casey.