TDI's in Buffalo,NY area!!

Arik434

TDI
None
WTB in WNY

JosephH1 said:
I will! The Bell complex is a historic place. I know some old timers who have great stories!
I have to take the gf out for a drive to Bye's one of these weekends before they close. I will be looking for a gray Jetta! Happy Thanksgiving!
Future member here. I am in Amherst. I am looking for a 00-03 jetta or golf. Must be standard. Let me know if you guys know of anything relatively local.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Keep an eye out on the Buffalo craigslist-about 3 weeks ago there was an 01 or 02 Golf 4dr 5spd for around $4k(had around 150k)-it was gone within a day or two.

Arik434

TDI
None
tdidieselbobny said:
Keep an eye out on the Buffalo craigslist-about 3 weeks ago there was an 01 or 02 Golf 4dr 5spd for around $4k(had around 150k)-it was gone within a day or two.
Thanks for the tip. I've been checking CL pretty much every day. Not sure how I missed that one though...sounds like what I was looking for.

Thanks,
Arik

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Wow-almost a 6 month bump:eek: -I figured I'd post the sighting here also,as the 09 Laser Blue TDI had VW of Orchard Park plate frames on it.Spotted you on East Main turning into the Rite Aid across from Midas in Batavia today around 3:15pm-I had my pickup today. It also had amber lights on roof.

Simpsonmbm

TDI
1999 Jetta gls tdi
I am new to the TDI club in Buffalo (wilson actually). Black 99 Jetta. I'd honk when I see you, but I'm trying to figure out why my horn won't work. We should organize a Rochester/Buffalo GTG every once in a while.

Brad

n8ronJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328d XDrive, 2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5speed Platinum Grey (sold), 2010 Jetta 6speed (bought back)
Did you buy your TDI recently? A friend of mine lives in Wilson and has a black Jetta TDI too.

Occasionally we are able to gather the Buffalo/Roch area folks but it's tough. I hosted a little one last year in August - it was very cool to have a dozen or so people there.

-n8

Simpsonmbm

TDI
1999 Jetta gls tdi
Did you buy your TDI recently? A friend of mine lives in Wilson and has a black Jetta TDI too.

Occasionally we are able to gather the Buffalo/Roch area folks but it's tough. I hosted a little one last year in August - it was very cool to have a dozen or so people there.

-n8
Just got in my TDI about 2 weeks ago. I haven't seen any other TDIs really close to home, but I'll have to watch around Wilson.

n8ronJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328d XDrive, 2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5speed Platinum Grey (sold), 2010 Jetta 6speed (bought back)
I'm in Barker and travel mostly around Hartland / Somerset / Lockport areas. Another friend of mine has a black 99.5 jetta tdi here in Barker too. If you need a mechanic then get in touch with myself or tdidieselbobny we are both friends with a tdi guy in Buffalo.

Welcome to the boards...

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Oh hey,Nate-nice to see you're still around.......looks like you've done a few things since the brake job-when you doing a chip?

Simpsonmbm

TDI
1999 Jetta gls tdi
I'm in Barker and travel mostly around Hartland / Somerset / Lockport areas. Another friend of mine has a black 99.5 jetta tdi here in Barker too. If you need a mechanic then get in touch with myself or tdidieselbobny we are both friends with a tdi guy in Buffalo.

Welcome to the boards...

Is your tdi guy Mike? I've been talking with him about a few things I'm working on...nice guy.

With your Jetta, have you had issues with slow starting when warm? I'm going to put in a new fuel filter tomorrow and I am planning on upgrading my ECU probably up in toronto. Also considering that it might be my starter that's affecting things too.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Is your tdi guy Mike? I've been talking with him about a few things I'm working on...nice guy.

With your Jetta, have you had issues with slow starting when warm? I'm going to put in a new fuel filter tomorrow and I am planning on upgrading my ECU probably up in toronto. Also considering that it might be my starter that's affecting things too.
I believe so-I don't remember Mike's last name. Pretty knowledgeable guy....anyone heard from bigwoode lately?

n8ronJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Friedel. Yes, Mike is the guy.
I haven't had issues with warm starting at all but funny you should mention that. My buddy that lives in town here with the black 99 has warm start issues. It just takes a touch longer to start.

Bob... I'm still around just not on nearly as much. I got a new job back in the beginning of March and I'm much busier. Can you believe I found a job here in Somerset? I put less than half of the miles on my tdi now. Round trip is 7.5 miles vs. 67 miles. Did some work as you can see in my sig. The engine has some pep to it now - clean intake and racepipe and the PP520s. I want RC soon but I'm still saving up for it. Hoping to have it done by year's end. I've got a couple necessities to do first - new tires (mine wont pass inspection in October) and a skid plate. I'd like to buy a set of 17" wheels for it over the winter too.

You know how it is.... the accessory list never ends and the 10th commandment becomes our downfall.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Spotted Tues. 8/17 turning left onto Clarence Center Rd. from Goodrich Rd.-a B5 Passat TDI wagon-I personally didn't see the badge,my son in passenger seat said"hey dad-that was a TDI!" I did notice the right rear tire was quite low........

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hey, a 4 month hiatus is broken:eek:! Spotted a Platinum JSW TDI heading south on Mckinley Pkwy around 1:30pm -had a Schmitts plate frame.

85_305

Banned
TDI
1999.5 Jetta 5spd
Damn dude, I live in friggen OP and haven't seen you around??

In fact, I dont see many tdi's, much less modded tdi's, in OP or the surrounding areas.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A silver JSW passed me going south on Rt 78 near the 400 around 11am-caught up to it at light-had a German Sheperd in the back-turned into a home just south of 16.I also spotted a few TDI's in the dealer lot:p......

mpetro24

TDI
2011 JettaSportWagen
Living in Buffalo, cruising in a platinum grey 2011 JSW TDI.

I think I normally see maybe one or two on the highways over the course of a month.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I passed a white JSW on the I-90 east between William St & Walden Ave around 6pm-had a Bills plate frame and a Dorschel.com sticker in hatch window.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I just turned onto Rt.93 from Gasport Rd around 5:15am Tues., then a silver A4 Jetta TDI whizzed by me(sorry,72k lb tractor trailers don't accelerate too quickly:p)-the Jetta had a Northtown plate frame.

steven carl

TDI
jetta
Mkiv

i see a black MKIV everyday in clarence, just put 1000 miles on my silver jetta 591 miles on first tank of fuel. also have vag-com. heading back to Alfred next week.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Salamanca-a indigo blue Golf TDI 4 dr was making a right onto 417 from 219 south(by the corner gas station)-around 12:30pm today(Weds)....

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Today I spotted a red A4 Jetta TDI w/ oversize tires and lifted! It had SUV like ground clearance-I saw you turning left at light from 425 onto Twin City Highway around 1pm today.

T

TDI Rooster

.. should be back up in Lewiston NY area for last minute shopping .. was there last month but didn't see any TDIs only a few VWs

jbubel

TDI
2003 Black Jetta GLS
TDI Mechanic recommendation

Hey Everyone,

I have a '03 Black A4 in the Lewiston area. I have lived in the Buffalo area for about 4 years now. Can anyone recommend a reliable/knowledgeable shop ? I need an intake cleaning and would prefer not to do it myself (although it looks tempting). I had the timing belt done at Orchard Park VW 3 years ago but would like to avoid the dealerships (unless recommended as good and fair). I am willing to travel for a good and reliable mechanic.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

JosephH1

TDI
2010 Silver 2dr
Yes, I have run into integrity issues at all 3 local stealerships. Sadly, VW of OP has really declined in the past 12 months., IMHO. Anyhow, I would recommend Blackmer's Auto on Hyde Park Blvd in Niagara Falls. I have known the owner Chris for 25+ years. He is an excellent mechanic. His number is 282-2537 and they are located about 500 yards west of Rt 31 on Hyde Park Blvd or about 2 miles from Niagara University. Now that I am out of warranty I will be taking my 2010 there.

jbubel

TDI
2003 Black Jetta GLS
Thanks

Thanks JoesephH1 ! I appreciate the info. I will be giving Blackmer a call.

2010 out of warranty ? Long commute ? You must be piling on the milage ? I make the Lewiston to Buffalo drive everyday but do not put 30K miles/yr on the car.

JosephH1

TDI
2010 Silver 2dr
Thanks JoesephH1 ! I appreciate the info. I will be giving Blackmer a call.

2010 out of warranty ? Long commute ? You must be piling on the milage ? I make the Lewiston to Buffalo drive everyday but do not put 30K miles/yr on the car.
You're welcome! Well I have a bit left on the drivetrain warranty but the bumper to bumper is long gone! My commute is Lewiston to Depew, 37 miles each way. That, combined with a girlfriend in Amherst and frequent road trips back to my adopted home in Chicago really rack up the miles. That is why I purchased a TDI. Now, if the new emissions systems hold up I hope to be a high milage TDI owner. My last 2 VW diesels (78 & 81) each went 275k+++