TDI's in Buffalo,NY area!!

n8ronJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328d XDrive, 2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5speed Platinum Grey (sold), 2010 Jetta 6speed (bought back)
WNY PAT - What part of southern Niagara County? I work near the Falls airport and occasionally drive the Boulevard. Mostly my drive takes me thru to Lockport and Somerset though.

bob- I saw one of your Christ Recycling trailers the other day at Mayer Brothers on 18.

Sighting: Yesterday saw a silver A4 with Indiana plates and a "Got Diesel..." frame in Lyndonville on rt. 63. Tried to flag the driver down but it didn't work.

Does a sighting in Lyndonville count as a Buffalo area? Maybe Rochester would be better. How about a "Rural WNY, small town you've never heard of" thread. I kinda doubt I'd get a response though.

I'm WNY PAT

Veteran Member
Northtown - paid sticker. I think they might have a cancelled order or two coming in the next week or two. They will not sell above MSRP, so it's a pretty fair deal. Call and talk to Will - tell him Kevin (the guy who bought the last cancelled order) sent you. He's a good guy and knows a little about TDIs too! I'll try to get my hands on a license plate frame to identify my ride. See you around!

tdidieselbobny said:
Which VW dealer did you get your 09 at? I'm usually around Depew/West Seneca area once or twice a week-Transit Rd. It's tough to spot the newer Jettas-the TDI emblem is tiny!

Last edited:

I'm WNY PAT

Veteran Member
N8RJ - I'm near the Niagara / Erie County border... take Transit / Millersport / 990 / 290 / 190 to work and back. Head up to Wrights Corners a lot. Not in NF much though. Hopefully we'll run into one another... :)

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Lyndonville closer o Buffalo....yeah,I just switched the trailer out on Weds. around 2pm-man,that place makes'em a sticky mess! I took 148 back to yard-I tried to recall your directions-I'll probably be back there around mid-October. Double J-where about in Albion you go to?What color is your Beetle?I'll try to keep an eye out for ya-right now I'm driving an older maroon Camry wagon-waiting to get courage to replace turbo on Jetta-leaking oil.Maybe I'll put my extra TDIClub plate frame on the Camry.....

Last edited:

Double J

TDI
97 B4 TDi
tdidieselbobny said:
Double J-where about in Albion you go to?What color is your Beetle?I'll try to keep an eye out for ya-right now I'm driving an older maroon Camry wagon-waiting to get courage to replace turbo on Jetta-leaking oil.Maybe I'll put my extra TDIClub plate frame on the Camry.....
Red, low with a black soot stain on the left rear corner :D

I work right in the village on Route 31.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'll keep an eye out for it-if we're back at shop at lunchtime-our boss takes us to the Apollo (across from Bentley's)

cleetis33

TDI
03 Bora TDI
saw today parked at "The Ralph" for the game, black jetta A4 with ontario plates that read "cheezman" or something like that

n8ronJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328d XDrive, 2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5speed Platinum Grey (sold), 2010 Jetta 6speed (bought back)
WNYPAT- I'm in Wrights Corners a lot. What color is your 09? Is there a TDI badge on those?

Bob- About 1/2 mile south of the Village of Barker on the left. One of these days I'll post a picture...

cleetis33- How long have you been running your homebrew? Consider selling a few gallons?

DoubleJ - Love the license plate. My wife loves the Jetta, hates the Beetles. I tried to get her to buy one a while back when a diesel popped up for sale but she just doesn't like them. That's ok, we'll get her into a SportWagen someday.

-n8

cleetis33

TDI
03 Bora TDI
n8ronJ said:
cleetis33- How long have you been running your homebrew? Consider selling a few gallons?

-n8
Started experimenting last winter making bd, starting using early spring with no issues as of yet. Not sure if I would sell any but might be willing to "trade" some, don't want to get caught in any legal issues.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Around 7:15am-pulled up behind a dark blue Golf TDI on Transit Rd. in West Seneca-stayed on Transit for awhile-lost sight around Joe Basil Chevy.Looked like a young lady driving it-Autohaus plate frames.

cleetis33

TDI
03 Bora TDI
Also posted in Rochester section, two sightings today in village of Warsaw. Black A4 Jetta with tdiclub plate frames parked at a house on Liberty St. Also saw a black Golf at the light in Warsaw; both sightings near 5 pm.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Around 11:35 this morning a silver A4 Jetta pulled out of the Kmart plaza (on corner of French) onto Transit in front of me-Autohaus plate frame,a little sticker w/ Superior on trunk also.You ended up turning left on Clinton St. I was in the brown Freightliner( former Wegman's truck #111)......

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hey Buffalo TDI owners-I have a thread started in the Eastern GTG section for a meet -n-greet possibility for either Dec 20th or 21st or Dec.27th or 28th in Batavia(about halfway between Buffalo and Rochester).So far only a couple people have showed any interest-

n8ronJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Saw a black A5 Jetta with Texas plates in the Lockport Tops parking lot on the 31st.

I get all excited but my wife - not so much...

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Albion area today around 2:45-I was turning onto W. Countyhouse Rd from 31a and a red 09 Jetta Sportwagen was turning onto 31a.

n8ronJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Two sightings to report:
Last week on 03/12/09 I was driving down Military Rd in Niagara Falls and came up behind a silver A4 TDI with canadian plates. I couldn't get infront of him to show off my TDI bling. I always pay close attention to the canadian VW's since it's a higher chance of sporting the TDI emblem.

Second sighting is a black A4 TDI that lives right next to Niagara Produce on Rt. 78 / Rt. 263. I see that one parked in the lot right there all the time.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I saw a maroonish red A4 Jetta in Tim Hortons drive thru in Batavia around 1:30 today-it had a constant plume of whitish-blue smoke coming out at idle-I was in pickup today.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Spotted a platinum 09 TDI turning onto Veterans Memorial Drive from Rt 63 around noon today-also the white Sportwagen TDI in Kmart parking lot all day.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TWO dark green A3 Jettas-one was at Niagara Starter on Sweeney St in N. Tonawanda,and the second one spotted on Rt.93 going west a couple miles west of the Akron Rd/Rt.93 turn around 10:30am.I was bobtailing going eastbound on Rt.93.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Spotted a baltic green A4 Jetta going east on I-290,exiting onto the 990 around 12:45pm today.You had the "got 50 mpg" sticker on left of trunk,and another sticker on right side of trunk.I wanted to hit my horn,but figured the air horn would have scared some people-I was in the brown semi.....

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Dark green A3 Jetta heading eastbound just east of Middleport around 10:15am today-I was going westbound.

n8ronJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey I think I've seen that A3 around.

I had to dig pretty deep to find this thread again....

Anyway, [Monday, Sept 21st] heading east on Lockport Rd (from Walmore in NF) all the way to Lockport (Transit Rd.) I caught up to a silver A4 TDI. Took me a bit of 65-70 to get behind him. I just wanted to catch up to see if that badge really did say TDI.

Saw a gray A5 in Newfane last Saturday (9/19). Drove by the middle school.

n8ronJ

Veteran Member
TDI
I think I followed the same silver A4 yesterday. Got behind him on Dysinger coming out of Lockport and followed all the way to Rt. 31 where he turned east and I headed very north. I think my engine breathes a little better after staying with that guy. :)

n8ronJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Saturday, November 21st. I exit Carrabba's on Niagara Falls Blvd. Good food there. Good food.

So there's a Silver A4 Jetta TDI w/ Ohio plates parked right next to me. Leather interior, 5 speed. That was all I saw - my wife was waiting by the cold car to sit so she didn't share my excitement. I get excited... I'm just sayin'.

JosephH1

TDI
2010 Silver 2dr
Hey folks
Add me to the list, I picked up my silver 2010 Golf TDI last week from VW of OP. I live in Lewiston and commute to Depew daily. I am in the Wheatfield/Lockport/Wilson area frequently. Feel free to beep and wave!

n8ronJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Joseph- Welcome to tdiclub. I'm in the Somerset/Lockport/Wheatfield area all the time. Work in Bell Aerospace building and live in Somerset. Smile and wave...

JosephH1

TDI
2010 Silver 2dr
I will! The Bell complex is a historic place. I know some old timers who have great stories!
I have to take the gf out for a drive to Bye's one of these weekends before they close. I will be looking for a gray Jetta! Happy Thanksgiving!