TDI buyback settlement (what's your next vehicle?)

wnytdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Passat TDI SEL
Last edited:

wnytdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Passat TDI SEL
105 responses so far (as of 8/5, 10pm EST). USE the survey NOT the reply to the post.

Last edited:

Darkone

TDI
'15 A8L TDI, 2014 Q5 TDI
Already got it; Audi A6 TDI

You can my Passat in that picture, waiting to see what happens with settlement in Canada.

Last edited:

JaredC01

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE - 6MT
Looking like a 2017 Ford Fusion Sport with the 2.7L V6 EcoBoost... Heck of a motor, super smooth to drive, and all of the features I really wanted.

inthewoods

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE Manual
I was looking to get a used 2015 Passat TSI, but the Dealer said they couldn't sell them due to the open airbag recall. :(

So instead of my 80,000-mile service I picked up this... 2016 SE w/ lighting package :p

Rob_TDI_13

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
I was looking to get a used 2015 Passat TSI, but the Dealer said they couldn't sell them due to the open airbag recall. :(

So instead of my 80,000-mile service I picked up this... 2016 SE w/ lighting package :p

That thing is beautiful. I have a 2013 white jetta premium with navigation 6M. I wish they had manual for the new passat with upgraded trim. I like to be able to tow every once in awhile and I hate the DSG so leaning towards 2016 GLI 6M

mtbsteve

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE w/roof and nav
Looking at Fusion Hybrid/Fusion Energi. Tough sell on the Energi given my expensive electric rates at $0.22 per kwh. Add in federal $4k and state (MA) $1.5k, plus some mfg/dealer cash, not a bad buy. Dealers near me even have 2015 and 2016 for even more discounts - was told $6k off sticker without asking on the 2015. I drove an Energi a few weeks ago and being able to select electric only, electric/gas or gas only is a nice trick.

Drove the hybrid and that drives more like a normal/sporty mid-sizer, the Energi adds a lot of weight with the bigger battery and you feel it. I drove a brand new 2015 hybrid (80 miles on it) yesterday and saw 36.2 mpgs followed up by 36.7 mpgs in my TDI when I repeated the loop. The big difference is that on the long-ish downhill the Passat caught up in terms of mpgs but the hybrid also was storing energy to be able to power it further.
The biggest thing you give up moving to the Fusion is legroom in the rear. I am 6'5" with car seats in the back seat so almost anything is tight but that is the only compromise. Kids are only in the car for 5% of my daily 65-70 miles.

Lots of highway but also lots of traffic (Boston). The TDI will surely beat the hybrid in my low volume morning drive but the hybrid should even the score with the non-stop traffic in the afternoon. The seats are so comfortable too. Quickly rising the ranks in my personal mix of replacements which are all over the board including new/used Buick LaCrosse e-assist, Cadillac XTS, Impala, Mazda 6 GT and Fusion Hybrid or Energi.

Last edited:

Mark SF

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDi
"but the Dealer said they couldn't sell them due to the open airbag recall"

Sounds like ****ocks to me.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
I was also stoke to get a new truck, but I'm tempted to just go get a 2-3 year old Accord and spend the difference each month on my re-acquired golf habit.

nutfinn

TDI
2012 Jetta
What ever it is, it sure as hell won't be another VW :) Really hate it too, I would have loved to have Golf R :(

pikawel

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI
I'll make out quite well in this buyback but damn it if it doesn't sadden me to think of VW's arrogance that led up to crushing these fantastic vehicles. I've exclusively owned TDI's for the last 13 years, wrote my college paper on how biodiesel could lessen our dependence on foreign oil (it was 2004) and been a general all around evangelist of the TDI.

Next stop is a Tesla. I've wanted a model S since they came out. But what would I want even more? Despite arrogantly gambling the company away on emission hijinx, I'd totally buy a VW electric.

End of an era!

Adkhunter1590

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Ford F-150 for me. Couldn't wait any longer and went into a ford dealer the other day and bought back the exact same ecoboost I traded in 2 years ago! Haha. The guy who bought it after I traded lived in the same town as me and didn't drive much. I missed that truck since I traded it in for a expedition for my wife. Parking my Jetta until it can be dropped off at the dealer for its buyback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
Next stop is a Tesla. I've wanted a model S since they came out. But what would I want even more? Despite arrogantly gambling the company away on emission hijinx, I'd totally buy a VW electric.
End of an era!
My wife and I got an eGolf last year when they were doing loyalty dollars and now they are 50% off http://www.vwhayward.com/VehicleSearchResults?model=E-Golf

The eTron is basically the Golf GTE so I doubt we'll get that here in the US, but we should be getting a far larger offering of the European side of plug-ins and full electrics within the next few years if VW is to be believed on this issue.

cd_booth

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
Went ahead and picked up a Golf R yesterday since they're switching over to the 2017 model year. I used the same amount I expect from the buyback as a down payment. I will be driving the TDI as little as possible until then.