Suspension upgrade

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
fiar warning... if you take the strut off the nuckle you MUST replace those bolts. they are a TTY one time use.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I'm very happy with the Vogtland sport springs and Bilstein sport shocks/struts I installed on my mk6. Supposed to be 1.4" drop, but it may have dropped my car 1/2"(shocks were shot and one broken spring). They are progressive wound springs that give a nice ride and fantastic handling.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Eibach springs\
rent a spring compressor (autozone is free)
$60 aliment (shop around)
ahh thank you! was going to ask but you answered. will go with autozone and go from there.

Zak99b5

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Eibachs had a less than stellar reputation on the vortex suspension forum back when it was about tuning for performance (rather than slamming cars for “stance”). Soft and short.

Id go with minimal drop (to preserve suspension geometry) and look at H&R or Nuespeed springs. OE sport or SofSport (assuming they use those names for your gen car) with 1/2” drop. Koni Yellows are great dampers but cost a lot. Maybe look for used?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Eibachs had a less than stellar reputation on the vortex suspension forum back when it was about tuning for performance (rather than slamming cars for “stance”). Soft and short.

Id go with minimal drop (to preserve suspension geometry) and look at H&R or Nuespeed springs. OE sport or SofSport (assuming they use those names for your gen car) with 1/2” drop. Koni Yellows are great dampers but cost a lot. Maybe look for used?
votex lol might as well just say the circus. Eibachs are awesome. the pleebs over there slamming the cars to the ground are the cry babies who complain about bad parts not lasting... DUHHHHHH

Zak99b5

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
erm, if you read what I posted, I said before it became the circus. When people used to post spring rates and shock dyno Results. Like the Dick Shine days.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
erm, if you read what I posted, I said before it became the circus. When people used to post spring rates and shock dyno Results. Like the Dick Shine days.
Right..... so one of the most reputable spring companies out there isnt very good back in the day? Lol they won races... why the hate to a specific spring company vs the chinisium you sugested?

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta...TDI/5spd :) >>>now a '15 Passat TDI/DSG
Actually, as I have been floating around vortex for a bit....Eibachs are the most recommended spring for best ride....yes paired with good struts/shocks of course.
I will find and post a thread about it later....one user named something like snobrdrdan has tried just about every spring/strut/shock combo on his NMS Passat....even includes suggestions for bump stops to gain ride comfort as there is more compression to be gained vs riding on stock or even cut down bump stops....improving comfort further.