Starter & alternator wiring layout / diagram

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
I've replaced my starter and am putting it all back together, but the wire from the alternator to the starter has a lot of slack in it which makes me think I don't have it routed correctly.

I've scoured the web & search function here without much luck showing how these wire are routed.

Does anyone have any good pictures they can share showing how the wires are routed from the alternator to the starter?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
I have a TON of pictures on my Smugmug account, something there will probably have what you need.
Thank you! That is quite the collection of pictures & I now have a general feel for where the alternator wire runs.

However, I didn't see where it actually connects to the starter. Does it connect to the starter on the same terminal with the battery cable?

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
On mine, the alternator and + battery wire join on the starter stud terminal.

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
Thanks for the help guys!