Stage one or two

dlhovland

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf Tdi manual transmission. Wife's car a 2014 toured v6 Tdi
I am own a 2014 Touareg TDI . I am the original owner. I Am thinking of Malone stage 2. Anybody have any advise.

dlhovland

Veteran Member
TDI
Next to delete or not. I have 95,000 miles on odometer. Almost out of diesel gate warranty. I am leaning that way but leave the factory down pipe on with cat.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Your tuning potential is limited with the DPF in place. I'd leave it be if it is still all in good working order, and investigate tuning + deleting when (hopefully if) the time comes.

x1800MODMY360x

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Next to delete or not. I have 95,000 miles on odometer. Almost out of diesel gate warranty. I am leaning that way but leave the factory down pipe on with cat.
I would leave the cat as well, Darkside make a DPF delete for like $400 and it's very easy to access than the 2.0L cars.

BMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Touareg TDI
I'm about to pick up a 2014 myself and what if any part of the exhaust can I remove legally? I'm not sure if I can go stage 1 or 2?

dlhovland

Veteran Member
TDI
Legally you can’t remove any emissions. But you can still doe a stage one or two with emissions in place.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Legally you can’t remove any emissions. But you can still doe a stage one or two with emissions in place.
Which technically isn't legal either, since the car will no longer meet emissions standards. But I doubt that would be a problem, except in California, of course.

BMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Touareg TDI