Source for gold plated injection pump harness pins?

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
you can get them on mouser or digikey, or at least you used to be able to. i may have the pn# listend in my TE connectivity thread from years ago.. i'll have to go look back. i don't know if i would bother tho... i don't believe the male ends are gold-plated, so not sure it would be of any benefit. or maybe they are. last time i looked at a pump connector i thought i would have rememberd seeing gold...

muzy

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta TDI
That's pretty subjective, yes many simple and dissimilar metals corrode when in the presence of oxygen.
This is why we use a product called dielectric grease. Or at least that's what I use. It's cheaper than gold.
Cheers

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
For that ultimate in high fidelity TDI action in 4k

Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

Veteran Member
TDI
00 ALH Tdi

Ding ding.
Is one of these the right size? A fair number of them are gold plated. https://www.idparts.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=repair+wire&Submit=
I think there is one but I am looking to run entirely new wiring from the ECU to the injection pump in parallel. For now there will be some solder action and ghetto fix.

Bosch says gold plated only for the injection pump harness. Given what wiring issues can cause here I want to do it right once and be done. Well twice but you know. VW said you can have tin on our side of the harness and gold plating on the Bosch side.

Randomhomelesstdibeetlegu

Veteran Member
TDI
00 ALH Tdi
For that ultimate in high fidelity TDI action in 4k
You leave my Monster (TM) Injection pump harness magic gold plated oxygen free cables alone you big meanie. You'll see when I gain .2hp and .001 seconds in the 1/4 for a ripping 16 second pass.

No srsly tho. 4 real. What I have dug up from forum members here analyzing MPDS & QA signalling via scope is that this is a fairly sensitive circuit. You don't want any nonsense in it.

I am going to start with 5 wires 3 twisted for the MPDS and 2 twisted for the QA run parallel probably no pins between ECU and pump. Perhaps two more for the N108 advance solenoid. There's free pins in the ECU connectors from the factory for harvest. I have six rolls of decent enough 20 gauge hookup wire.

Bosch spec is gold plated I did read that somewhere and pretty sure the pump side is plated possibly even VW harness side. I should open it but for now it has stabilant 22a so I don't feel like breaking it ATM. (I did that a week ago and can't remember if VW side was plated)

After rewiring the 109 relay circuit off factory wiring to the fuse panel and having a car that stopped leaving me stranded when everything tested fine under load and heat i don't want these p1651 QA issues to go full retard when I am say in Colorado or middle of winter -10f.