So. Cal. TDI GTG at Capistrano VW - 1/5/2002

peter pyce

Veteran Member
Scott .... Cool man! Happy to hear you will be joining the train

We hav eplaned to take 101, then 152, then 5 all the way down ...... of course, if you have other prefs. we can talk about it......

We have walkie-talkie, but let's find each other through the cell phones first... then we switch when we meet..... So, I will be getting 85 at about 7 am ..... meet Norman at about 7.15 at Saratoga .... and then if everything is OK, we will meet you on 101, the second meeting point Norman talked about above .....anyway, once we step on 101, I will give you a call...... just try to be there at about 7.30 ..... in case you are late, give me call, so we will re-plan the meeting points, etc....

Looking forward to sooting with all of you

peter

First D

Veteran Member
Sorry, I've been sick the past couple of days. I should be OK for Saturday.

Miles Brandon of Capistano VW contacted me and gave me the agenda for Saturday. We will have our own area and tent. I suspect the tech session will run over an hour, I'm sure you will have many questions. I posted another thread about the event.

Look forward to seeing you there...the Nor. Cal guys give me a call Friday if you want to have dinner!

Eric

Denton T. Young

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL TDI
I'll definately attend.

For those coming thru the central valley, be careful. There was a 78 car pile-up near Bakersfield this morning due to heavy fog.

Eric Dow

TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon
Well, been away for a while now, but Smartdrive just told me about this meeting. I will be there with my Upsoluted '96 TDI Avant.

See you all there. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Including the other Eric from the Anaheim area ;-)

[ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: Eric Dow ]</p>

ProfessorCompressor

Sorry Guys I won't be able to make it to the GTG... Some personal stuff is getting in the way of my obsesion with the TDI engine...

Hope you have a great time... and I want to hear all about it.

cyclone

Biggest collection of TDIs in CA..maybe ever! Maybe we shoud contact "Sightings."18 confirmedTDIs, 21 total with the "maybes" just from this board alone, and we are on a couple of other VW boards in the southland.

SteveS

Veteran Member
TDI
00 NB automatic TDI
Today is the day, and it looks like we may have a first...an all TDI traffic jam
I count 22 confirmed with several "maybes."
"Come on down," even if you haven't responded yet, there's plenty of room, food, drinks, and with GassinGerhard here, some great driving stories.