So-Cal?? Calling all So-Cal TDI-er's

SteveS

Veteran Member
TDI
00 NB automatic TDI
Re: So-Cal?? Calling all So-Cal TDI-er\'s

Good idea about a clean thread. I've just read a new email from Miles, and he is super support guy for this. I think if we start around 10A.M. we could have a morning "show" and around 11, start a tech session. Your 5k service would be a good focal point for the tech session. Then we could have some time to explore the parts dept. with discounts for that event only, and possibly have some aftermerket display as well.
Miles has some really beneficial ideas, which I'll post in your new thread.

Norman

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf GLS, '03 Wagon GL

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SteveS:
... Your 5k service would be a good focal point for the tech session. ...<hr></blockquote>

I agree. Everyone'll want to do an oil change sooner or later, and you might as well learn how to do it right. Other possible tech topics might be an IC cleaning, or an intake manifold cleaning.

Steve, does one have to make reservations for camping on the beach? Thanks for all your efforts thus far!

SteveS

Veteran Member
TDI
00 NB automatic TDI

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Norman:
Steve, does one have to make reservations for camping on the beach? <hr></blockquote>
I'll check. Day area has a huge flat, grassy area with tall eucalypts for shade and ample paved parking. All this is on south edge of Dana Point Harbor. Bring the yacht.

fatpump

Veteran Member

Sounds like fun to me. Either weekend is fine, and I'll be there barring the unexpected collapse of our universe or something equally grave.

Any thoughts on what time?

peter pyce

Veteran Member

In expressing our great respect and gratitude to our colleagues in So. Cal for organising this GTG, we, the proud owners of TDIs from the Bay Area, will bring with us the very first working prototype of the 2004 Jetta V-10 TDI 6-motion, 2 doors, semi-coupe, half-wagon as a present!

peter

First D

Veteran Member

Fatpump-

Went to buy gas today. The station on Tustin and La Palma went up to $1.38 per gallon! Immediately went to the station you recommended...it's on Harbor and Berkeley, a couple blocks north of Chapman...$1.17 a gallon!

P.S. 45.1 mpg on this tank

fatpump

Veteran Member

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by First D:
Fatpump-

Went to buy gas today. The station on Tustin and La Palma went up to $1.38 per gallon! Immediately went to the station you recommended...it's on Harbor and Berkeley, a couple blocks north of Chapman...$1.17 a gallon!

P.S. 45.1 mpg on this tank
<hr></blockquote>

Glad to help.... I think stations with good prices should be encouraged in any way possible.

Your mileage has mine beat, and I've got over twice as many miles as you. I seem to be slowly heading towards 44+MPG. These things really should have a 6th gear.

kwhiner

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf GLS Silver

This sounds really awesome guys would love to come, make a great long weekend trip. The 12th would be better for me. Don't think I can make it. Will get back next few days need to look at budget and maybe a couple of vaca days.

eetsoot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, galaxy blue

I'm in the San Fernando Valley and just purchased a TDI from Glendale VW last week. They had several automatic tdi's but had to do a dealer trade to get my 5 speed, galactic blue Jetta with sun roof (a must in ca).

I just bought a Vagcom from Ross tech. I haven't been able to get it to work yet. The software is haveing problems seeing the com port. I haven't had a chance to trouble shoot it yet. I don't know if it's a Sony Vio problem, virus protection problem or connection problem. Once I figure it out I would be willing to use it on other local tdi's. Any in sight to my vagcom problem would be appreciated.

I do plan on going to Capastrano.