She let me down :(

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
The past couple of months, i chalked up the morning slow cranking as normal. This morning, no crank and dash was going crazy. Battery was replaced in 2017 when I purchased new from the dealer. Never had a battery only last 2+ years. I need to check if the correct battery type was used for replacement (AGM). I'll do some poking around tonight.

BTW, commuting in heavy traffic in my powerstroke (long bed crew cab) sucks!

--Ry

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
I need to check if the correct battery type was used for replacement (AGM). I'll do some poking around tonight.
AGM would not have been what was originally installed or called for as replacement.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
H6 AGM will fit. New battery will need coded. I put the Duracell H6 AGM made by East Penn in mine. Great upgrade.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Some A7s have AGM, some do not. No reason to change to one if it was not originally equipped, as the charging system cannot make good use of it anyway. If it has an OEM AGM battery, the car needs to be recoded in order for the new battery to work properly and last as long as it should.

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
H6 AGM will fit. New battery will need coded. I put the Duracell H6 AGM made by East Penn in mine. Great upgrade.
Only upgrade battery choice at Costco was an Interstate H6, 70Ah, 730CCA, 910CA for $114.99
OEM was 61Ah/330/540 dated 5/17 (3 months shy of 3 years)
Cleared all the codes & changed to 70 Ah in VCDS. She started right up!
--Ry

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
Batteries should be replaced when they show signs of weakness rather than trying to milk more time out of them.

MattRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE TDI, 2014 Beetle TDI, 1981 Rabbit Diesel
My battery in my mk7 died one evening out of the blue. It worked completely fine on my way to work, and when I left... nothing. I had a coworker jump start the car with a jump box, and I was able to drive home. The next morning... nothing again. I tried jumping with our Beetle TDI, and nada. I finally just yanked the battery, drove to the VW Dealer, and bought a new battery.

When I installed the new battery, I only got one code for 'low voltage'. Yeah, no kidding!

I've never had a battery just die like that before. The batteries in my mk4 TDI would last 7 years on the nose every time. It was on its 3rd battery when I sold it with 393K miles on it. The mk7 is 5 years old and it gave up the ghost without warning. Weird.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
I've never had a battery just die like that before. The batteries in my mk4 TDI would last 7 years on the nose every time. It was on its 3rd battery when I sold it with 393K miles on it. The mk7 is 5 years old and it gave up the ghost without warning. Weird.
Not weird, just Enertec.

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
At least you got 5 years. Mine didn't even get to 3 years. We'll see how this bigger battery lasts.