Seeking advice on selling for scrap, salvage, or parts.

DCoartney

TDI
2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI SEL
Our 2013 Passat TDI SEL failed and was found to have metal glitter in the oil filter, suspected to be from the turbocharger (which was replaced 14K miles ago) and a bad knock coming from the bottom end. Estimate is $8,100 for remanufactured CKRA engine and a new turbocharger. Out of extended emissions warranty at 152K miles. Purchased three years ago at 100K miles. Seeking advice on best choices to sell for scrap, salvage, or parts. Thanks.

DCoartney

TDI
Just swap a good used engine in it. I do them all the time.
Well, you are reasonably close at 183 miles. How much cheaper would a reliable used engine replacement be? We really don't want to keep the car. It has been nothing but trouble in terms of false AdBlue warnings, leaking oil cooler, a plugged DPF, and two failed turbochargers. I just replaced the cooling fans assembly. It's an automatic, and I require three pedals and an H-pattern shifter. (It was our daughter's car. The other five of us are manual gearbox only.)

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
And my wife would be happy to discuss you disposing of my body after she murders me. I have about a half dozen cars just like yours I am in the process of saving, don't need any more. But someone here might. Just post it up, with a few pics, and a [cheap] price.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
maybe someone will pick it up for LS swap?

lol

That is a tough tough place to be.

DCoartney

TDI
And my wife would be happy to discuss you disposing of my body after she murders me. I have about a half dozen cars just like yours I am in the process of saving, don't need any more. But someone here might. Just post it up, with a few pics, and a [cheap] price.
Thanks. I'll have to do something quick to get it off the lot.