Rocketchip Tuning and Dyno Day November 21/22 Weekend Part 2

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
Nice seeing everyone again.

Hey Brandon, where did you get that dry green handcleaner stuff? Works pretty good! :)

Pete

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
I can't take it anymore. Hate you all!

Going to get the 02 Chipped and Nozzeled! dammm ppl with all that temptation on Sunday and even more with all these comments about the fast vw's!!!!

Marchmen

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI
petea4 said:
Hey Brandon, where did you get that dry green handcleaner stuff? Works pretty good! :)

Pete
It's the best stuff I've used. Apparently he gets it from a local shop, but you have to buy 4 of those jugs at once. Group buy?

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Well, apparently the Dyno Day on Saturday was all screwed up and henceforth invalidated.

It appears that since I am not allowed to make 309ft torque with what I currently have, then Marchmen at 340ft torque and OmegaRenegade at 325ft torque as well as Ryan's monster pull (I'll let him decide if he wants the number made known)are all garbage as the Dyno was broken. All those runs are all for naught.

Well, maybe Ryan is smiling at this as that will let him get a new Clutch and maybe that .9hp :D:p

Ahh well, you don't have to worry, I won't be running another Dyno.

I know what I know and I need not know no more...

MrVermin

Last edited:

KID A TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI
on an unrelated note, thanks to Brandon for doing my rear wheel bearings today. one of my tires was ready to fall off :eek: thanks Brandon!

Last edited:

VwPodRacer

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta PD150, 98 Jetta TDI
mrvermin said:
Well, apparently the Dyno Day on Saturday was all screwed up and henceforth invalidated.

It appears that since I am not allowed to make 309ft torque with what I currently have, then Marchmen at 340ft torque and OmegaRenegade at 325ft torque as well as Ryan's monster pull (I'll let him decide if he wants the number made known)are all garbage as the Dyno was broken. All those runs are all for naught.

Well, maybe Ryan is smiling at this as that will let him get a new Clutch and maybe that .9hp :D:p

Ahh well, you don't have to worry, I won't be running another Dyno.

I know what I know and I need not know no more...

MrVermin
HAHAHA my numbers can be known since most already know.. im not ashamed of my numbers. for those that want to know it was 199.1WHP! I couldnt buy .9 to get 200whp no matter how hard i tried because the clutch wouldnt take it! but im sure with a better clutch that ACTUALLY holds that i could produce ALOT better numbers but that will have to wait till spring:p Great seeing ALOT of new faces:eek:

VwPodRacer

Veteran Member
TDI
BUT even if the dyno numbers were all for not.. i still had alot of fun FINALLY being back and seeing alot of ppl that i enjoy talking to:cool:

Street Toys

Veteran Member
TDI
sold
VwPodRacer said:
HAHAHA my numbers can be known since most already know.. im not ashamed of my numbers. for those that want to know it was 199.1WHP! I couldnt buy .9 to get 200whp no matter how hard i tried because the clutch wouldnt take it! but im sure with a better clutch that ACTUALLY holds that i could produce ALOT better numbers but that will have to wait till spring:p Great seeing ALOT of new faces:eek:
You shoulda done the "hairspray" thing, huh?:D

Marchmen

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI
mrvermin said:

It appears that since I am not allowed to make 309ft torque with what I currently have, then Marchmen at 340ft torque are all garbage as the Dyno was broken. All those runs are all for naught.

MrVermin
My dyno improved 3 hp and 25 tq from the run I had earlier in the spring. I'd like to think the results came from Jeff tweaking my sharkfin antenna but I'll defer to the experts. I will dyno again next spring having finally replaced the stock exhaust by then.

VDUB TECH

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon TDI , Audi TT TDI Q , 2013 Touareg TDI , 2006 Jetta TDI
Marchmen said:
It's the best stuff I've used. Apparently he gets it from a local shop, but you have to buy 4 of those jugs at once. Group buy?

That stuff is from the Matco guy he also has smaller jugs available.If anyone needs any just let me know.It works the best if you wet your hands before using it.Its called worx maybe you can source it somewhere else 4 big jugs are over 100 bucks.

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
I thought i had seen worx at Princess auto, but the only worx distributor is Matco tools or ackland grainger

looks like through grainger you can get a 1lbs bottle for 22$, might be able to get cheaper for a large quantity, anyone care for a GB, lol

https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/images/catalog/1239.pdf

Last edited:

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
mrvermin said:

I apologize if you took my reply to your numbers as an attack. After seeing dyno after dyno of cars with similar mods, 309ftlbs just doesn't make sense. Are you also running a stock clutch?

Only my opinion, you don't have to agree with it..

Regardless, I am sure you are loving the extra power. A tune and nozzles really wake these cars up..

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
LNXGUY said:
I apologize if you took my reply to your numbers as an attack. After seeing dyno after dyno of cars with similar mods, 309ftlbs just doesn't make sense. Are you also running a stock clutch?

Regardless, I am sure you are loving the extra power. A tune and nozzles really wake these cars up..
I think he's running a vr6 / g60 setup.

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI Highline
VwPodRacer said:
Hey, you're not allowed to recycle clutch excuses at consecutive dyno days. Find a new excuse ;) :D

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Do not worry, I did not take it as a personal attack, but I find your lack of faith in the TDI disturbing (LOL :D)

I am running a Sachs Vr6/G60 kit and I find that I am starting to slip it.

MrVermin

LNXGUY said:

VwPodRacer

Veteran Member
TDI
Silver02TDI said:
Hey, you're not allowed to recycle clutch excuses at consecutive dyno days. Find a new excuse ;) :D
hahahaha I do agree with you lol. But... Atleast I showed up and dynoed knowing that it was going to slip! Unlike some other ppl hehe:p but again I gotta find a new excuse! Lol

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
OmegaRenegade said:
i for one would be in for 1 big jug of that stuff. it worked great!
Have you ever tried the stuff from Wurth? It's the only thing I'll use. Again, water based so it doesn't dry out your hands. I've had the same 4L tub for over a year. I use it almost everyday.

alkidd

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
cant get rid of the goofy grin but wish the rain would stop

Thanks again to Omega for arranging the tune and putting the nozzles in for me prior to. Went with a basic RC2 tune. Jeff diagnosed a sticky turbo while I was there late Saturday. Did the old easy off clean a couple of times on Sunday and all seems well. I havent been able to trigger a limp mode and theres just enough turbo lag to indicate the vanes are moving as they should. As someone in this thread indicated this would be a good setup for my 03 wagon. With this weather the tires spin in 2nd and 3rd on hard shifts which is more than I was getting before with a psi powerbox. Its going to be fun trying to stick to the road this winter.

Now to install the skidplate (no rain please) from Saturday and bring on the winter.

Tdi Kick

Veteran Member
TDI
91 Sidekick AHU, '05 Passat Variant BHW, '03 Passat Variant BHW 4MO
Wow!!

Had a GREAT time meeting folks.. Nice to put faces to all the names here, and see some old faces again.

Brandon and Bhupesh, THANK YOU! This awesome day was made possible only through your efforts.

BigI said:
... Now where is that guy with his TDI Suzuki?
HAHA... I made it home safe; and so did the truck. Funny how things work out: Truck got flatbedded to my Shop free of charge <CAA rocks!>, I came back later on.

mo_focus said:
he broke the drive shaft after couple of test runs. I guess he was putting down too much power. I think those suzuki's had something like 70hp so when you put in about 140 it might not take it.
Not sure how much power It's actually making. I discussed in detail with Jeff my plans for the truck: ie no big power, looking for drivability and mileage. Its a bone stock AHU still on stock injectors, so Im pretty sure I didn't make a 50 hp gain:p As for the transmission, its really holding up very well! this particular unit was behind an engine that put out a WHOPPING 112 hp@105 ft/lbs or so, now its holding behind an AHU...

At any rate, I DID manage to get the offending driveshaft off to the driveline shop with some parts on Tuesday, and they concur with what I initially suspected: a faulty u-joint dropped out at speed. The shaft was custom built, as I am running a G-body four link posi rear end in the truck. Realistically, it should be able to take whatever this engine can push, as the joints were spec'd for a 3800lb car with a v8. Bottom line is, stuff happens. I'm sure we've ALL gotten bad parts before. No biggie. Truck was up and running around on Wednesday.:)

I will say though, that 20 minits of driving I got in before the joint went south were the SMOOTHEST I've ever felt in the truck! I swear it was like someone had forgotten a sweater in the intake tract and Jeff pulled it out:rolleyes:

Drove it on Thursday towing the trailer @ 700 lbs and MAN this thing pulls so easy.

Throttle tip in is fluid and easy, truck just wants to go; and not like a sudden boot in the tail either, just push down easy and suddenly I'm at 120kph. Put a big grin on my face!

Jeff is the Man. Knowledgeable, and willing to explain and answer questions, even with the limited time we all had.

Heck, I was so impressed, it only took Simon 1 minute to convince me to tune my Wife's car... :D

Cheers!

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
I have most of them, but it's poor quality cell phone video. Drop me a PM with your email and approximate dyno time if you want a copy.

Simon