QuickJack BL-5000SLX

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
I'd be interested if only the product was able to give you more lift height. It would still be a pain in the ass and you'd still be on your back trying to change on clutch with this type of jack.

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
Most of these scissor style lifts are not much use beyond wheels and brakes. The lift itself just gets in the way.

mogly

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV TDI + B5.5V AVF/01E
I think their biggest attribute is for body work. No posts to get in the way. I do agree though Dennis, this unit you've presented doesn't lift high enough. There are other scissor type lifts that lift ~50" and are still portable.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
As far as the lift height, they do have adapter post/pads which adapt the unit for taller vehicles.

Neat concept - I kinda like it, but the price point is a little high for what you get. for a little more money, you can get a entry level two-post left and get full functionality (as long as you have a space with the needed height)

If I was a race team constantly swapping wheels I would get one in a heartbeat.

drew80a

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 TDI
It also doesn't have a low enough profile if you have any kind of suspension modification to your car.

PHAT-DUB

Vendor
well here is the old thread form long ago about lifts

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=413872&highlight=lift

i have thought long and hard about this.

there is the dream lift that you want to have and than there is the practical.

I can't do a two post or a 4 post even though i would love to and thought about it many times. I'm in a standard everyday two garage home with two doors so i have a medium instead of a big one door.

so if I try two post, i would need concrete work for where the posts would be anchored. and will also need to make changes to the garage door rails to run up higher to the ceiling and also delete the existing motors and purchase overhead ones. the posts would have to be install on angle also. as most garages are not that deep to allow you to have full access around the car.

if I go 4 post than for obvious reason being a two door garage i would have to choose to place it on one side. with this done it leaves little to no room on the wall side to do any work. you would still need to make modifications to the garage door rails and replace the motor with the overhead side one.
may not need to anchor down but the cost in general for this set up is $4000+

Both these set ups take up way too much space, the two post even if you can unbolt the post and store them aside i really don't want to move such large and heavy steel around.

at best the majority of the work is wheels, oil changes, brakes etc.
I cannot validate the extra expense and set up cost to do the two or four post only for the odd time you may do tranny work. And at this point I do all my work in the driveway. the quick jack is portable with the DC power pack option. lifts it to a comfortable height for the common work. even detailing etc. its a out of box ready to use.

The GB is not gonna work the distributor already told me that chances are the price point will go up. I am most likely purchasing it this within the next couple months. I'm pretty tired of the jack and stands.

https://youtu.be/zBAhpykKdj8