Question about brake switches

ourkid

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Mk3
Think i have a duff one (implausible brake signal) but it seems to switch in VCDS ok

Could anyone explain what's going on here?

In measuring blocks,group 6....

I'm seeing 001
Clutch pressed i get 101 Which returns back ok to 001
Brake pressed i get 011 Which also returns back to 001

Anyone know what the 3rd 1 does?

I'm using a passat pedal box in a mk2 body (running an AHU engine)

I's been suggested that because the Mk3 has 3 brake lights and my Mk2 only has 2 then it's getting the wrong signal - does this make sense:confused:

I have 2 twin wire switches on the brake and no cruise control.When i increase the revs then press the brake or clutch nothing happens,should the revs die?

lowpolo

TDI
corrado ahu, mk5 polo tdi
no the revs will not die when you use the brake whilst on the accelarator at the same time, I had the same problem and swapped in a spare mk3 one and its sorted it so far... the brake lights worked fine with the other switch but kept flagging the implausable code. using the mk3 loom should change anything as the 3rd light was optional as far as i was aware

ourkid

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Mk3
no the revs will not die when you use the brake whilst on the accelarator at the same time, I had the same problem and swapped in a spare mk3 one and its sorted it so far... the brake lights worked fine with the other switch but kept flagging the implausable code. using the mk3 loom should change anything as the 3rd light was optional as far as i was aware
cool, new switch is on the way.I think the vagcom is fooling me as athough good as a static setup tool i think i'm getting the fault on the move.Took me a week to figure this out,i just don't like swapping things until i'm sure;)

m1ketdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Leon BKD
The revs/power should die when the brake is pressed whilst moving. But probably aren't due to the dodgy switch.