Power Service Diesel Kleen recalled?

MacBuckeye

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
Thanks for the quick reply guys. Thought maybe this thread was dead.

I purchased the white bottle. I think I got it- white btl in Winter, grey btl in summer. Would every other tank be OK? How do we know the fuel suppliers aren't already adding some sort of additive. I want to take care of my new baby. Also don't want to throw away $$ for additives that don't work or aren't necessary. I guess having the 09 is kind of like an experiment since the technology is new. Not sure if it's me, but when I test drove the demo (white Loyal with green flames) :), it sounded quieter than my car. (i.e. sounded less like a diesel) My car "sounds" like a diesel. Could crappy fuel make a noticable difference? Our 97 Jetta was a gas engine, thus my limited knowledge/experience with diesel cars.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
If you are going to use it, I'd use it every tank. Would you use a condom every other time? ;)

Fahrfuwerfuelen

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2005 (A4), Platinum Gray
Have to agree with Bob F. The cost per dose for each tank is small compared to replacing injectors, other engine related repairs. I just bought more PS today and the cost, with tax, is just under $0.08 per gallon of fuel treated. $1.20 to treat 15 gallons is worth the piece of mind.