Poor guy

blueatlantic

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon(gone) 06 Jetta (gone) 09 JSW(gone) 03 Jetta (died) 03 Jetta Wagon 2012 JSW
"The problems began AFTER being a good Samaritan and kept up with the maintenance so it would keep running awesome for another 100k miles."

I don't understand this sentence from his ad. Is he a good Samaritan because he maintained the car? Or did he let a stranger work on his car and he's a good Samaritan for that act? Wow, though, $13,900 in repairs!

migbro

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL
"The problems began AFTER being a good Samaritan and kept up with the maintenance so it would keep running awesome for another 100k miles."

I don't understand this sentence from his ad. Is he a good Samaritan because he maintained the car? Or did he let a stranger work on his car and he's a good Samaritan for that act? Wow, though, $13,900 in repairs!
It's just a misuse of the word Samaritan. He means he did the right thing and replaced the timing belt on time. For $2,000. Wow.

What an amazing series of hosings this poor guy has received. I guess he doesn't know how to use Google.

Last edited:

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
Someone Minioned that car. The owner compounded the error by repeating the thought process in bringing the car to the wrong place for service again. He is definately the mark.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Wow. That's worse than the woman I bought my B4V from, who sank over $24,000 into it in 11 years. It still had 8 fault codes showing when I picked it up, all simple and all corrected easily and without spending more money.

Someone needs to help this guy out.

powerstrokeless

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V
It's just a misuse of the word Samaritan. He means he did the right thing and replaced the timing belt on time. For $2,000. Wow.

What an amazing series of hosings this poor guy has received. I guess he doesn't know how to use Google.

Yeah WOW. Doesn't make sense. $2000 is a ton for TB change.

MarsBar

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V#2 "Flash", 2000 Jetta GL, B4V#1 "PaTuDI" (2008-2018 RIP)
Wow, someone flagged the CL posting for removal. What's up with that?