• 7 screens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 screens

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
ok. Here's the 2 challenges. Using your Polar FIS, gather and post your information below.

Your findings,. (Hopefully in pictures) should be what parameters the #1 picture below shows
CHALLENGE. #1. How "sooty" is your tune???

This 4 input Polar page of information will hopefully build a real data base for us mk6 JSW/Gulf owners. Showing actual numbers on how well both the stock tune and the many aftermarket tunes do.. In no way is this post designed for greener than thou or rolling coal comments.

1) On Polar screen #1 you should include
A) soot m/gr.
B) isoot m/gr
C) Reg Req
D) DPFmi
2) in your post include your Tune; information
A) Original VW tune or dieselgate tune or
B) aftermarket I.e.. Malone Karma or ? tune
Post any other thing you think would be helpful. Add any pros &/or cons

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MY EXAMPLE
#1 Polar FIS screen info.
A). soot m/gr. = 0,0
B) isoot m/gr. = 7.8
C) Req Reg. = 2.0
D) DPF mi. = 24

#2 Running Karma tune

Notes:
* isot m/gr goes to apx 24 m/gr and triggers active regens @ a constant of apx 180 miles, Preset by VW?
* apx 2000 miles since tune. Mixed driving @ dash went from 34.5 to 38 ish. Freeway unknown yet.
* power was always perky, no seat of the pants change to speak of.
* happy with tune as I bought it to save the DPF, The mpg increase is a pleasant +
* actual soot level build up shows much lower compared to stock tune. My minimal data suggest by 1/2 or more.

CHALLENGE. #2 How "quick" is your tune

In the advance settings go to 0 to 60 second times. The Polar will ask you to set the starting mph and also the end mph. Set starting time @ 1mph and of course the ending time @ 60mph. The more adventurous type... Well at your own discretion.

. Find a SAFE, flat spot to run er' hard. A freeway on ramp is a decent drag strip IF your able to start from a stop.

A) In this. Polar screen include
A) advanced setting of 1 to 60 mph time
B) ANY other 3 related inputs (lets see them)
2) required post info.
A) Advanced setting of 1 to 60 mph time
B) traction lock on or off
C) a/c on or off

Post any other thing you think would be helpful. Add any pros &/or cons you want after

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EXAMPLE

* Polar tune 2011 2,0. 6m, a/c off, traction on
* 0 to 60mph time of 9.008

Last edited:

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
I realize this challenge will take a little effort but I think will be well worth it to anyone looking to either preserve your DPF or even which tune or tuner fits your needs

I encourage anyone with interest to watch this thread and ad a post at your convenience.

It seems the real soot level buildup is very minimal, to the point of even 0.0. Note that the "isoot" m/gr (VW pretermined logic) never counts backwards (passive regenerating) even when "soot" m/gr does.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
Be a man and just remove the DPF and EGR system:). Your car will run SO MUCH better!
I cant ague with that! I would if I didn't live in comifornia. Good news is Im a native Ohioan' and have eyes on a future return. Id prefer a non PDF fo sho.

MikeH31324

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 2 door 6MT
Yeah just giving you a hard time.:p I did see a down pipe for sale somewhere that had a canister welded around it to appear stock. I bet you could pass emissions with one of those and a tune. Even with a stage 2 Malone tune there is no black smoke.

firehawk618

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI, 2dr, M6, Stock
With my KermaTDI emissions in tact tune I get around 280-330 miles between regens. Like you the !Soot m Gr. always slowly increases yet never decreases until a regen happens at around 24. When it regens it'll go back down to around 3. Soot m Gr normally sits at 0 then when I get near 280 miles it'll slowly climb to 2 or 3.

*My daily drive routine is 99% highway driving. 60 miles each way to work and back. Probably best case scenario for a DPF to live. Mostly cruising at 65-70mph and regens generally always complete on the highway and are rarely interrupted by arriving at work or home. Easy 600+ miles per tank after tune. Before it was harder to hit 600.