Picked up a 2011 JSW for my girlfriend tonight

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
A picture of the car, on the way back home. It's a lot heavier than towing a mk4 Golf or Beetle, so I got lucky doing about 55 on flat straightaways, but it was mostly 40-51mph for the 112 mile trip home.

Next on the horizon is an oil change (maybe tomorrow night), along with timing belt, brake fluid flush, swap the battery for an Autozone AGM I have under warranty (and in one of mom's cars that she literally never uses), and I'm debating on doing a delete now, since there's a bunch of codes for the EGR and DPF. I think it's possible to use the CR140 with a Rawtek kit, but remember there's something special you gotta do with the EGR cooler. Not sure if it's as simple as just using brass nipples like I've done on the ALH. I would ask @alphaseinor , since he mostly did it on my 2010 JSW I sold 3 years ago (with a CR140), but it's kinda hard, since he departed this planet a little over two months ago. All in all, I think we got a fair deal for $3000. It has 205K on the clock, and it does run good. Oh, and I got a code for the DSG, which I'll post in another thread. Wondering if it's a sensor problem, or if it might need new clutch packs/flywheel. Haven't done that on a DSG, but done a flywheel/clutch on my JSW and on a mk4. It's not hard, just time consuming.

Oh, and yes, the UHaul tow dolly is mine. Bought it used from a UHaul dealer last year for just under $1200. I think I've used it almost 20 times, so it's closer and closer to breaking even on what it would've cost to rent, not to mention time saved going to a UHaul dealer and hooking it up to something other than a TDI to satisfy the safety nazis.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Nice score.

Saw the title "picked up a 2011 JSW for my girlfriend tonight" and couldn't help but think... she must have been impressed!

Serioously my 2011 was a great car, enjoy.

Lotawood

TDI
2005 BHW Passat sedan
Nice purchase.
Always nice to see a VW hauling a VW.
Yellowsubmarine took good care of his 2011. My wife drives that one now. She loves it.
We might have the same questions as you wanted from @alphaseinor, in the future. Because at some point the DPF will do its fail thing.

Tuheeden

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 & 2014 Jetta sportwagon
A picture of the car, on the way back home. It's a lot heavier than towing a mk4 Golf or Beetle, so I got lucky doing about 55 on flat straightaways, but it was mostly 40-51mph for the 112 mile trip home.

Next on the horizon is an oil change (maybe tomorrow night), along with timing belt, brake fluid flush, swap the battery for an Autozone AGM I have under warranty (and in one of mom's cars that she literally never uses), and I'm debating on doing a delete now, since there's a bunch of codes for the EGR and DPF. I think it's possible to use the CR140 with a Rawtek kit, but remember there's something special you gotta do with the EGR cooler. Not sure if it's as simple as just using brass nipples like I've done on the ALH. I would ask @alphaseinor , since he mostly did it on my 2010 JSW I sold 3 years ago (with a CR140), but it's kinda hard, since he departed this planet a little over two months ago. All in all, I think we got a fair deal for $3000. It has 205K on the clock, and it does run good. Oh, and I got a code for the DSG, which I'll post in another thread. Wondering if it's a sensor problem, or if it might need new clutch packs/flywheel. Haven't done that on a DSG, but done a flywheel/clutch on my JSW and on a mk4. It's not hard, just time consuming.

Oh, and yes, the UHaul tow dolly is mine. Bought it used from a UHaul dealer last year for just under $1200. I think I've used it almost 20 times, so it's closer and closer to breaking even on what it would've cost to rent, not to mention time saved going to a UHaul dealer and hooking it up to something other than a TDI to satisfy the safety nazis.

Congratulations!! I love the JSW's!

As for the delete, just get the kit but in case your wondering the pieces you must have for the EGR delete are: an intake port plug (back of engine and underneath), a cooling hose coupler (connecting the in/out hoses of the EGR cooler), an exhaust block off plate directly on the exhaust manifold (and be extra careful removing those nuts or you will snap off the stud), a block off plate OR a straight thru adaper for the intake manifold EGR

Good luck!

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
Nice purchase.
Always nice to see a VW hauling a VW.
Yellowsubmarine took good care of his 2011. My wife drives that one now. She loves it.
We might have the same questions as you wanted from @alphaseinor, in the future. Because at some point the DPF will do its fail thing.
I've brought home A LOT of other VW's using that tow dolly. Super handy. I had a 2010 JSW and I make it a point to steer clear of the 2009 and 2010. From what I understand, there are some differences in the 2011-2014. My 2010 was a nightmare. Brian did an immo delete for me, because at random times, I couldn't start the damn car, and the instrument cluster would light up like a Christmas tree. Don't even get me started about all the errors I'd see in VCDS... and then they'd stop erroring out at random.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
Congratulations!! I love the JSW's!

As for the delete, just get the kit but in case your wondering the pieces you must have for the EGR delete are: an intake port plug (back of engine and underneath), a cooling hose coupler (connecting the in/out hoses of the EGR cooler), an exhaust block off plate directly on the exhaust manifold (and be extra careful removing those nuts or you will snap off the stud), a block off plate OR a straight thru adaper for the intake manifold EGR

Good luck!
On my JSW, I got a racepipe that deletes the ASV, but I have a 02Q. Not going to do that on Amanda's car, since it has DSG. And on that note, I probably need to order a racepipe as well. That EGR hose is a PITA when doing oil changes.
I can't remember, but I think there's a braided oil line to the turbo as an option on the CJAA, right? I know I did that on all my ALHs.