Phoenix area TDI owners, post if you're still here

jetta_coupe_gtd

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 'Dusty'
Anyone still around? @romad @Abacus @snoopy smiles
@dieselvwgolf

i found a Beetle TDI with a busted auto, hoping I can pay someone out there to manual swap it (assuming the member in Scottsdale still has it)

I’d love to fly out and drive it back Vs trying to arrange a tow and then wrenching myself. I’m skilled to do it, but I don’t think my wife wants me to immediately have a project in the new place.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
I'm in Prescott also, but I don't have the skills to do this type job otherwise I'd have done it on my Jetta. 😀 Since I still haven't had time to have a shop built, I don't even do much beyond very minor maintenance.

jetta_coupe_gtd

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 'Dusty'
Dang, y’all in the same little town! Haha anyone down in Phoenix, or do any of you head there? I have now found 3 different TDIs out there that fit the Bill for what I’m looking for. 2 should be able to make the trek back to Los Angeles, 3rd will need the tow ( blown tranny) but it’s cheap and if it runs as good as the owner says it might be worth shipping to me

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
I very rarely go down there. Most of the time it is via a shuttle to Sky Harbor airport. My next planned trip is in May for a flight.

jetta_coupe_gtd

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 'Dusty'
Do you guys know of any regulars that live out there? Looks like @snoopy smiles is still logging in, but maybe not seeing me tag him haha

Digging through this thread, looks like @TDiFrontier also logs in recently too...

Either of you two head out to Phoenix, ever? Im up to 3 options now and all are in the Phoenix area

Maybe I can convince @BBB129 to deliver the 5-speed swap and toss it in the car that has a blown transmission lol

TDiFrontier

TDI
2006 Jetta 1.9 TDI, 2010 Jetta 2.0 TDI
I'm down here in Mesa, right off the 101. I have two 2005 Passat TDI's I'm wanting to do a manual swap on one of them. Is the Beetle an easier swap? I just took a CJAA/harness/ecu to Laughlin NV for a friend to swap into a Jeep Commander.

jetta_coupe_gtd

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 'Dusty'
Do you ever head to Phoenix? Hoping to get some knowledgeable eyes on a Beetle or two...

as far as the swap, I’d be happy to let you “practice” the swap on the dead Beetle lol

AverageAndy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2013 Golf TDI 6MT, 2013 Jetta TDI 6MT (R.I.P.)
I'm in Chandler, but only have personal experience with 2013 Jetta, Golf (CJAA) and 2013 Passat (CKRA). Most I have done beyond routine maintenance is timing belt, delete/tune, injector replacement, some wiring repair and getting ready to do valve cover and LCAs.

Good luck with your search and/or project!

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Do you guys know of any regulars that live out there? Looks like @snoopy smiles is still logging in, but maybe not seeing me tag him haha
I doubt Snoopy Smiles would do the swap since I’ve done the work on *her* B4’s over the last year.

The Bowie Kid is also in Dewey (south of Prescott) and he’s done a bunch of engine swaps but I’m not going to speak for him. I think he just had a shoulder repaired.i borrowed his VCDS off him a few months ago to finish adjusting the timing on Snoopy Smiles’ B4.

rotaecho

TDI
mTDI AHU in an 82 Vanagon Diesel & 86' 1.6na Golf (destined TDI)
Howdy, I recently moved to North Phoenix, in the Deer Valley area this last year.

Finally getting settled and what not. Totally down to meet other TDIer's in the area. My pad could host a handful of TDIs no problem too.

My experience is . . .

My daily is an 82' diesel Vanagon Hightop with a mTDI AHU engine I did myself (documentation at www.tdivanagons.com). I've been working with the VW diesel 1.6 platform since 2010 and the TDI platform since 2015.

I've worked on a few MK4 ALH TDI's with my VCDS cable, and restored a 2d MK4 ALH Golf for my nephew.

I'm currently building two engines an AHU for another Vanagon Westfalia swap and the ALH into a MK2 86' 4D Golf with A/C that I plan to make my new daily; was an 1.6na before.

I would be curious of any experience of what / if any MK2 diesels & emissions. Since both the Vanagon and the Golf both just had a muffler and that was it factory. No cat.

Keep it real TDIers!

-Will

x1800MODMY360x

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Welcome to the "Valley of the SUN".

Anyone here going to attend the NHRDA in April? I would be and if any others, we should meet up.

BBB129

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon BHW 2004 Jetta 5 spd BEW - 99.5 jetta 5 speed - 1982 Mercedes 300D Manual 4 spd

Digging through this thread, looks like @TDiFrontier also logs in recently too...

Either of you two head out to Phoenix, ever? Im up to 3 options now and all are in the Phoenix area

Maybe I can convince @BBB129 to deliver the 5-speed swap and toss it in the car that has a blown transmission lol
I’m in central mesa with that swap.
I’m happy to help out id have to gather up the goods as I just moved storage facilities and cleared out my shipping container so things are kinda all over, but I have 90% in one place.
lmk

BBB129

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon BHW 2004 Jetta 5 spd BEW - 99.5 jetta 5 speed - 1982 Mercedes 300D Manual 4 spd
Howdy, I recently moved to North Phoenix, in the Deer Valley area this last year.

Finally getting settled and what not. Totally down to meet other TDIer's in the area. My pad could host a handful of TDIs no problem too.

My experience is . . .

My daily is an 82' diesel Vanagon Hightop with a mTDI AHU engine I did myself (documentation at www.tdivanagons.com). I've been working with the VW diesel 1.6 platform since 2010 and the TDI platform since 2015.

I've worked on a few MK4 ALH TDI's with my VCDS cable, and restored a 2d MK4 ALH Golf for my nephew.

I'm currently building two engines an AHU for another Vanagon Westfalia swap and the ALH into a MK2 86' 4D Golf with A/C that I plan to make my new daily; was an 1.6na before.

I would be curious of any experience of what / if any MK2 diesels & emissions. Since both the Vanagon and the Golf both just had a muffler and that was it factory. No cat.

Keep it real TDIers!

-Will
I do a domicile address in pinal county so I can do 5 year registration instead of the annual
Emissions they require on diesels in maricopa….

BBB129

Veteran Member
TDI

If you
Or live just on the border of emissions testing 😏
Yeah some areas of pinal still require it. It’s easy to pass but every year is excessive.

rotaecho

TDI
mTDI AHU in an 82 Vanagon Diesel & 86' 1.6na Golf (destined TDI)
The downfall is switching your primary residence address for the DMV and postal office. I was using Kingman address before,

But I love the 5 year tag and saveing $80 for the 5 years of not emissions testing.

BBB129

Veteran Member
TDI
The downfall is switching your primary residence address for the DMV and postal office. I was using Kingman address before,
Hmm I didn’t need to do that. I store some vehicles off site so they don’t require any of that for me. Did third party and the og office

jetta_coupe_gtd

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 'Dusty'
Any of you Prescott guys want to go check this one or for me. Good price and manual

BBB129

Veteran Member
TDI
Any of you Prescott guys want to go check this one or for me. Good price and manual

If ya want that 5 speed swap for 1k lmk I’m trying to clear out as I’m dropping off my shipping container on the 24th

Vwkaferman

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Hey just checking in, I’m in Mesa as well. Daily my wagon. Well, she’s down in the middle of an exhaust upgrade, gotta source a turbo stud/bolt.

James