Personalized plate suggestions!?

dpg

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI, 2010 JSW - retired
EricVA said:
I was playing around with the license plate generator on our DMV's internets. Here are a few that were available

THE TDI
VDUB TDI
ITS TDI
50 MPG
V TDI W

i like the "V TDI W" :cool:

Last edited:

S_Sanders

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf Coupe and 2012 JSW
dpg said:
... it costs about an additional 30-40 a year. no thanks!
What a bargain! My Barber Motorsports Park plate is $50.00 extra per year, and I expect the renewal for my TDI next year to be about $250.00.

Alabama's property taxes are cheap, but they get us other ways.

I can customize my Barber plate for no additional charge, but it's only got five characters. Any ideas???

Honeydew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Passat DSG
S_Sanders said:
What a bargain! My Barber Motorsports Park plate is $50.00 extra per year, and I expect the renewal for my TDI next year to be about $250.00.

Alabama's property taxes are cheap, but they get us other ways.

I can customize my Barber plate for no additional charge, but it's only got five characters. Any ideas???
TAX ME

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
As much as I would LOVE a vanity plate, I just can't come to grips with spending $$..

Anyway, I don't know how the DMV let through my regular plate in which three of my six numbers/letters are FTW (just think of that reversed in a mirror)!

adrienne

TDI
2010 JSW TDI
after much deliberating and good-natured voting amongst friends, I'm going with IZ A DZL. yes, it means "is a diesel" but it's also a play on words for those that know me. "Iz" is my nickname (Izzy) and my folks speak French/visits France often, so it becomes "Izzy (at/to/in/with/has) diesel" :D

Ski in NC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta ALH 5sp stock
Back when vanity plates first came out, I remember seeing a photo of two vehicles in a very nice home garage. A corvette and a 4wd truck. The corvette was "crime", the truck was "industry". Something about that pair of names had a nice ring to it...not sure why it sticks in my mind.

ibid

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, Red
Since I have 'NO WATER' for my 911 air cooled, I might seriously try for 'OIL BURN' and see if that is available here in Illinois. I think it would be fun to put NO WATER and OIL BURN next to each other for a photo op.

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Vanity plate madness!!

You folks are fortunate. In Massachusetts, you can have a maximum of 6 places(no spaces) no special characters, no intermixing letters and numbers and of course..they are VERY careful about what you are spelling. And for this service, they charge us 75 dollars per year, as opposed to 45 dollars every two years for a regular plate....meaning, three times as much!!

On the other hand, it hasnt stopped me from grabbing my share of special plates. I STILL havent gotten the "CHILL" plate...been waiting 25 years for that. I lost the "JEDI" plate to a registry clerk who applied for it while I was at the booth(one booth down). "TDI" is taken....but a chick driving a Ford Taurus...what?!:eek: I really want "POSTAL" as I have a Grumman\VW Kubvan....that would be cool! And there are so many more.....

This is what I have:

GMC 4dr dually(black) LRDVDR (Lord Vader)

Mercedes 300SD BENZ

Audi A8 VANITY (yeah....thats right!:D)

Mk3 Jetta (green) DIESEL

Mk3 Jetta(black) MAXMPG

Mk4 Jetta(green) TDIPWR

Mk4 Golf VWTDI

Its a sickness.....a sickness I tell you.......

dpg

Veteran Member
TDI
ibid said:
Since I have 'NO WATER' for my 911 air cooled, I might seriously try for 'OIL BURN' and see if that is available here in Illinois. I think it would be fun to put NO WATER and OIL BURN next to each other for a photo op.

oil burn is open as of last night when i checked. All the ones up on this thread are available as I took the screen shot after they scanned in the database for availability.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I am leaning towards the symmetrical plate names right now. Call me OCD but i like the even distribution of letters :D Maybe I'll make a poll! haha

ibid

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, Red
THANKS!!!!

I just got a new job starting Monday.. I think my 1st gift to myself being a working stiff again is OIL BURN vanity plates... as much as I hate giving extra money to the state of Illinois, Vanity plates on a 'rare' TDI just seems normal in the grand scheme of things...

Artist

TDI
2010 JSW Blk/Blk, Pano, Nav, 17" Portos, Sport and Protection Kit
Another one for IL

Another one - DZLDUB

herbert68

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium, 2010 Jetta TDI Sedan. Both bought back by VW on 12/06/2016
securityguy said:
Come on herbert...are you married or do you like girls:eek:
I am married, how did you know? :)
And English is not my first language ...

fleuger99

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
I was also thinking of a vanity plate. Only one I could come up with that I liked was TDI FYI

EJS

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
ajlockfeld said:
If a 911 gets "NOWATER" how about "NO GAS" ?;)
Might be okay in IL, been done in VA ;)

Been funny - most frequent comment is "I didn't know VW made a hybrid".................um, ah, hybrids use GAS there McDuh :D

dpg

Veteran Member
TDI
haha, good suggestions again. I'm still trying to decide on one here. with all these options its a tough one!

Honeydew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Passat DSG
EJS said:
Might be okay in IL, been done in VA ;)

Been funny - most frequent comment is "I didn't know VW made a hybrid".................um, ah, hybrids use GAS there McDuh :D
In McDuh's defense, the state (VA) contributes to their confusion by issuing to hybirds plates that say "clean special fuel" even though they burn regular ole g@soline. :confused:

Vanity plates: stickin' with the clean diesel theme:

NOSOOT
NOSMOK
SMKFREE

EJS

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
Honeydew said:
In McDuh's defense, the state (VA) contributes to their confusion by issuing to hybirds plates that say "clean special fuel" even though they burn regular ole g@soline.
:D Nobody has ever figured out what exactly constitutes special fuel..............but keep in mind it's the same state that recently decided it was a good idea to bring concealed firearms into a bar :eek: :D