Personalized plate suggestions!?

dpg

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI, 2010 JSW - retired
Had a personalized plate on my vette and since it was personalized to the vette, I need something for the new TDI. Suggestions are welcome and my friends who are upset that I sold the vette have suggested i get "D WAGON" lol. I was thinking of this as one and its available.

Last edited:

l3it3r

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 TDI Sportwagen
FUPRIUS
50MPGVW
UBERDZL
WNDRWGN
lol... I'm in the same boat, trying to convince the wife on one of these.

ibid

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, Red
I was thinking something along the lines of 'oilburn' myself

post up what you end up getting...

dpg

Veteran Member
TDI
l3it3r said:
FUPRIUS
50MPGVW
UBERDZL
WNDRWGN
lol... I'm in the same boat, trying to convince the wife on one of these.
Yea, IL is picky with how you personalize plates. Just by adding one number at the end lowers the annual renewal fee by a lot. So im trying to stick to a number at the end. we also can start with numbers or have a number inbetween, can only be at the end:rolleyes: if i want all letters, it costs about an additional 30-40 a year. no thanks!

oh and by adding a number to the end, the annual fee only goes up maybe 10 if that!

ibid

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, Red
hmmm... It isn't that much more any more... The 1st year is the most expensive IIRC

I have a vanity plate for my 1996 Porsche 911 that I have had since 1997 and just got the 'renewal' in today's mail. Regular plates now cost $99 to renew and mine had a $112 charge.. so we are talking only $13 extra per year for my vanity plate of 'No Water' <--- oil cooled only thing

dpg

Veteran Member
TDI
ibid said:
hmmm... It isn't that much more any more... The 1st year is the most expensive IIRC

I have a vanity plate for my 1996 Porsche 911 that I have had since 1997 and just got the 'renewal' in today's mail. Regular plates now cost $99 to renew and mine had a $112 charge.. so we are talking only $13 extra per year for my vanity plate of 'No Water' <--- oil cooled only thing

hmmm, you know i think you're right. I think i saw that somewhere. I may do that then. Yea isn't it nice of them to keep the renewal just under $100 for us. What a deal! :rolleyes:

dpg

Veteran Member
TDI
Supporting IL corruption through some of the highest taxes in the nation. We are doing our part! what about you? LOL

dpg

Veteran Member
TDI
Scenic Driver said:
FUPRIUS is great

yea, have a corvette buddy with the plate "no prius" it would be a good one if it gets through the approval process

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
Sorry, the ultimate TDI plate in Illinois has been taken for about 8 or 9 years now..

;)

I don't even want to see what my renewal is going to be this year.. Probbly around $120. I'm sure the People's Republic of Illinois is just going to waste my extra $20 as they waste the other $99 of it every year.

Out of the above, I do like "KLN DSL 6" though. I'll be looking for one of those!

dpg

Veteran Member
TDI
dzcad90 said:
Sorry, the ultimate TDI plate in Illinois has been taken for about 8 or 9 years now..

;)

I don't even want to see what my renewal is going to be this year.. Probbly around $120. I'm sure the People's Republic of Illinois is just going to waste my extra $20 as they waste the other $99 of it every year.

Out of the above, I do like "KLN DSL 6" though. I'll be looking for one of those!
;) ;)

Last edited:

l3it3r

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 TDI Sportwagen
HOLY EXPENSIVE VANITY PLATES!! Here in VA (the vanity plate capital of the world) I think they're like $30? maybe?

edit - $10 extra, $30 if you do plates like I have on my jeep and older cars. Specialty plates with vanity messages. My jeep has armed forces veteran tags and says "ArmyJP". The durango had 3rd US Infantry - "The Old Guard" tags which said "TYSLDR" (Toy Soldier without the Vowels).

Further edit: $10 for vanity, $10 for special tags. Just ordered "UBRDZL" :)

Last edited:

dpg

Veteran Member
TDI
l3it3r said:
HOLY EXPENSIVE VANITY PLATES!! Here in VA (the vanity plate capital of the world) I think they're like $30? maybe?

edit - $10 extra, $30 if you do plates like I have on my jeep and older cars. Specialty plates with vanity messages. My jeep has armed forces veteran tags and says "ArmyJP". The durango had 3rd US Infantry - "The Old Guard" tags which said "TYSLDR" (Toy Soldier without the Vowels).

you dont have decades of corruption to support, cook county is call crook county for a reason

dpg

Veteran Member
TDI
Just for fun playing around on the site

Last edited:

EricVA

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagen
I was thinking about doing "EL TDI" as a double entendre...my initials are EL and it would also be "THE TDI"

I'm a musician and was thinking about "TDI GIGS"

Another fun one I would probably not get is "TDI 4" or similar.

l3it3r

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 TDI Sportwagen
I just ordered (forgot that I needed the registration NUMBER earlier today, and was nowhere near it) "UBRDZL" on a specialty VA military plate. I'm going to reserve FUPRIUS for my next TDI though :)

EricVA

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagen
I was playing around with the license plate generator on our DMV's internets. Here are a few that were available

THE TDI
VDUB TDI
ITS TDI
50 MPG
V TDI W