Parking Brake Dragging - 2009 Jetta TDI

pawel

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 TDI 6 MT, Platinum Gray Metallic, Anthracite Interior
After replacing all rotors and pads I did follow the procedure to apply brakes and pulling PB. After applying brake and PB rear brakes were not dragging. However, after driving for few days I realized that rear brakes started to drag. So today I adjusted the PB screw all the way out. The rear brakes are still dragging.

Any ideas of what should I try next? Should I try to move the rear caliper pistons back again after I loosened the PB cable and check for dragging? Or should I consider replacing the rear calipers?

Last edited:

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Before you go replacing the caliper, I remember seeing a thread somewhere where a spring was installed on the caliper to assist with full disengagement (is that a word? lol).

I'll see if I can find the thread or maybe it will ring a bell with someone else here....

Here ya go...

Rear Caliper Return Spring

That wasn't exactly the thread I was thinking of, but it shows exactly what I was talking about and some links on where to get the spring.

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
When replacing the rear pads, did you rotate the pistons all the way back into the calipers? Did they rotate freely?