P2015 & P0401 code Help

SSmike1

TDI
96 Passat TDi
My 2012 Jetta TDi M6 with 112K miles is throwing code P0401 & P2015. and ideas on how to fix those? thx Super bike mike :)

johnsTDI

Veteran Member
Canada,ont North America were Neighbours to usa
TDI
2012 Highline
My 2012 Jetta TDi M6 with 112K miles is throwing code P0401 & P2015. and ideas on how to fix those? thx Super bike mike :)
I have the same car Dont sweat it dude, when i got that P2015 code the FIX is simply to go online & order one of these L shaped brackets i installed it myself you will need to remove the actuater motor wich is if i recal 2-3 bolts & slip that L bracket on the side of the motor and tighten up the screw very tightly dont wory about that silly spring it does nothing anyways. trust me its super easy. now the pcm may still keep the engine light on for awhile even after installation until it recognises it may take some drive cycles & some time but eventually within a week or 2 it will go permanetly out i think i had to waite a week for the computer to adjust. after that light has been out ever since. many youtube videos to see for help (y) the other code could be that your EGR needs either a cleaning or replacement any decent tech should be able to get it off & look at it. posted the L bracket below to fix your P2015 code very common on the TDI 's good luck keep us posted.

Newman3423

TDI
2012 Jetta
I have the same car Dont sweat it dude, when i got that P2015 code the FIX is simply to go online & order one of these L shaped brackets i installed it myself you will need to remove the actuater motor wich is if i recal 2-3 bolts & slip that L bracket on the side of the motor and tighten up the screw very tightly dont wory about that silly spring it does nothing anyways. trust me its super easy. now the pcm may still keep the engine light on for awhile even after installation until it recognises it may take some drive cycles & some time but eventually within a week or 2 it will go permanetly out i think i had to waite a week for the computer to adjust. after that light has been out ever since. many youtube videos to see for help (y) the other code could be that your EGR needs either a cleaning or replacement any decent tech should be able to get it off & look at it. posted the L bracket below to fix your P2015 code very common on the TDI 's good luck keep us posted.
I dropped the spring somewhere in the engine. Why do you believe it plays no roll? Does anyone no where I can get another?

Wallace

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3 quattro.
I love this site, what I have just read above may just save me a few hundred pounds.
I had the P2015 code, fitted the L shaped bracket, cancelled the code but it keeps coming back, no-where else have I read it needs to learn about teh new item and it may take a wjhile before the code goes out. I was about so start buying manifolds and actutors etc, which are expensive and not easy to fit I believe, I think I willwait a couple of weeks now :)