P1237 & P301 - Cylinder 1 Misfire (2009 Jetta TDI)

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Vielen Dank. I've had no reason to suspect the quality of the fuel, though it is 2 - 5 % bio, depending on season, and I've been using it for at least 50k miles. Here in Alaska, of course, diesel does get lots of anti-gel additives to make a gel point of less than -45°C.

I wouldn't have suspected anything with injectors not working well since the fuel economy continues to do well.

If the tech gets the injector out today. I'll have him do a visual of it and see what he recommends.

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
Do not attempt to open them....you've been warned...

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Tests today revealed #1 cylinder injector is completely plugged, but others show normal operation. Seems odd that only one is affected. The quest continues.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
Many threads end without a solution. I hope this helps a future problem for someone else.
#1 injector was replaced and the car is running fine now. Although I'm not certain the biodiesel [2 - 5%] I've been running for about 50k miles is indicated, I'm going back to pure petro-diesel. I'm not at all concerned about the quality of the brand, but think the anti-gel additives in Alaska fuel probably compound any problem that may arise in the fuel system.

stan53

TDI
2.0 tdi 16valve
hi every one
i am new in this
i have a seat altea xl 2008 2.0 tdi bkd engine
from February i orderd a new injector loom i installed in the engine and scan it vcds clear the trouble code all injector where working the car had power to move only the aire flow of the egr i must check but i was driving it
but last month i drove to a friend house and after few hours went to my car start the engine and began todo weard no power so i drove to home put my scan
0000769 - Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected
i ask a technician he told me check the connection of the injector
but i clean it i press the connection more and press it and put back to the injector
same problem i don,t know more on thing i see the when it misfire in the cluster the in the dicator screen is flashing when the engine running ruff on 3 injector is like short circuit
can somebody know abot this problem

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
Can you have the tech remove the injector and have the flow checked? How many KM on the engine? Has the glow plug been checked?