NO CRUISE CONTROL NOW?

leocat66

TDI
2013 PASSAT, 2006 JETTA
Yesterday, had D M F replaced in
D S G automatic 06 JETTA, all is well now, except now we have no Cruise Control. Dash light on cruise works, but cruise does not. Worked perfect when we took it there. Thinking they must have forgotten to reconnect something.

Wondering if there is something I can check easily, before driving back to dealer to spend another day waiting?

leocat66

TDI
2013 PASSAT, 2006 JETTA
Yesterday, had D M F replaced in
D S G automatic 06 JETTA, all is well now, except now we have no Cruise Control. Dash light on cruise works, but cruise does not. Worked perfect when we took it there. Thinking they must have forgotten to reconnect something.

Wondering if there is something I can check easily, before driving back to dealer to spend another day waiting?

This JETTA is a 06 TDI. Could not edit above post so am posting a reply. Don’t know if there is a difference on C C issues for TDI and Gas.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
There is not anything they could have not connected. There isn't anything that is part of any "cruise control" aside from the switches/stalk/buttons in the car.

You need to use a scan tool to observe the data in the appropriate module to see if the controls are sending the inputs. It all goes through the Steering module under the lower cover of the column.

leocat66

TDI
2013 PASSAT, 2006 JETTA
Thanks OILHAMMER. Guess I got lucky on this one. While heading back to dealer this AM, and turning cruise on and off, suddenly it started to work. On arriving at the dealer, the mech took it out for a spin. Worked fine for him too. He said exactly what you did about connectors etc. his thought was maybe the CPU needed time to reset before it could react, he also stated that he did not actually know and his thought was at best an educated guess.

Thanking you again for taking time to share your thoughts with me.

leocat66

TDI
2013 PASSAT, 2006 JETTA
Well, The DMF is fixed but new issues have now appeared. 1.) The Cruise control has quit. Initially it worked after DMF repair for two days. Now nothing. 2.) The car starts and runs perfect, but refuses to go past 65 MPH. This started at the same time as (1), the Cruise Control issue.

On checking under the hood, for obvious issues, I noticed that there is a vacuum hose, leading from the center back of the valve cover, to a small plastic/rubber block manifold, containing three spots for vacuum hoses. The hose, above goes to nothing, past the small block hook, where it ends With the engine running, if I touch the end, I can feel suction. Wondering where it is suppose to attach, or if it was loose already, or if it may be causing the loss of power. Tried plugging the hole with a screw, but noticed no difference in performance.

Any suggestions, on what to check, appreciated. Have an appointment at same dealer, who may have caused this problem, when they fixed the DMF, so am hoping for a cure before I return there on 12-01, so I can cancel.

I have no Scan Tool, as mentioned above by OILHAMMER, and do not have access to one. Is it possible to have a scan preformed, by Auto Zone or someone similar?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all.

Last edited:

leocat66

TDI
2013 PASSAT, 2006 JETTA
Just returned from O'Reilly Auto Parts, where they scanned for issues. They found 2 problems, (1.) Bad Boost Regulator. (2.) #2 Cylinder Glow Plug bad. Don't think glow plug is the problem. Trying to find location of Boost Regulator.

leocat66

TDI
2013 PASSAT, 2006 JETTA
FIXED it. Found a small vacuum hose had fallen down under the fuel / vacuum pump and it was cracked near the end. connected it and all is well now. Cruise Control and boost is now working again.

Hope this is able to assist someone else in the future.

Last edited: