No A/C drivers side after heat core replacement

jimmyto

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf TDI 1.9 Diesel
Hi,

I have a 2013 Passat TDI DSG. Yesterday I took it to the dealership to have the Tdi fix done and I also asked to perform a service call on the heat core since the front passenger side wasn't getting heat since last winter. I might just do it before the winter comes. AC was working fine when I dropped my car for service. When I left the heat core was replaced, Tdi fix done, AC and as working fine on passenger side but not on drivers side (top or bottom floor). This morning I took it to the dealership and they said that the drivers flap is not working. Cost to repair $45 part + $167 service work. Service rep said that there is no way they damaged the flap because it's too far apart from the heat core.

Any suggestions? What bothers me is that AC was working fine on both sides driver and passenger when I dropped my car at the dealership.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Some of these dealers never cease to amaze me. :rolleyes:

While it would be a really strange coincidence, I suppose it could be. However, given the relatively low price of the part, I do not understand why they would not just take care of it for you.

And it is BS that they are not near one another. The left temp door motor and flap linkage is literally RIGHT THERE next to the heater core access panel. You could probably stick your head under there and see it after the trim panel is removed.

Last edited:

jimmyto

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf TDI 1.9 Diesel
Would you know where I could find a diagram with all the hvac actuators on my Passat? It's a dual climate system. Ac works fine on right vent middle of dashboard, right side and bottom feet. On middle left vent, ac works 20% cold and 0% left driver vent and bottom driver feet. It looks like there is an actuator that controls the whole left drivers side system and I am curious to see where it is located.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Any service manual would have that, lots of online sources. You can also google NMS Passat heater core replacement and probably find lots of pictures maybe even a video.